Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
19K views 117 replies 34 participants last post by  SuperEvilnine 
#1 · (Edited)
Mod list

Exterior:
Autocityimports Projecter eyelids
Headlights baked and repainted
RGB Halos Retrofitsource
Led Strip added to the reflectors for being able others to see your turn signals on both sides.
Depo Black Tail lights
Debaged all except trunk logo
Plasti dip remaining logo and gas cap
XGT Body Kit

Interior:
Blue led footwell lights by Amazon
Blue led dome and cargo lights

Suspension:
Stock

Brakes:
Hawk HPS Front And Rear
StopTech Slotted Front

Engine/ Drivetrain:
AEM CAI Powder Blue

Exhaust:
QTP Electric Exhaust Cutout 2 1/2

Wheels/tires:
Stock GT alloy Satin Black with Matte Clear
Toyo proxies 4 plus

_OLD POST_Just thought i would post some pictures and upcoming mods.

Well after a while i will be able to get these on the car... Just ordered today!
I cant wait to get these mods done.
All upcoming mods...
Of course you need a sweet key chain!

I plan on using this on the wheels....

Same body kit as nitro...

All ordered and will arrive soon. Will take a while for upgrades and updates. I except in the next two months to have the system installed. I have other pieces i have to rip out of my old vehicle. Speakers.. Subs lol whole nine yards.
Body kit wise will prob be 6months... Not sure exactly. Will keep this post updated.
Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#2 ·
Well got all these yesterday. Shouldn't be too long before i get it all installed.
I still have to pull my speakers and amps out of my old car. Its a few hours away but well worth the drive.

I got the light bulbs installed. Also installed blue led lights by the foot pedals. Will have pictures soon.

More to come!

#4 · (Edited)
So I haven't had much time for anything or money for that matter and alot of mods are on stand-by. I have my body kit waiting to be putting and painted. Also tinting and some other mods are in the works. But what I do have done is this. For now...

To this.

I know.. When I install the bodykit I won't have the letters.. But idk when I can get enough change for that.
Also did the fuel door.

I'm hoping to do the emblems this weekend as well. Rims very soon.
Will keep this updated.

#8 · (Edited)
Hey thanks guys. That's Good to hear about sony. All the reviews were very good.Yeah that's on my list. Getting the eye lids after I bake the headlights and paint the chrome with vht or so.. Still need to do a few things more before the body kit goes on.
So pretty much this is my list. There is no excat order on how it will be done.. Just that it will be done... Sometime :(

1. Paint the inside of my headlights and tail lights with vht or something... lol no chrome!
2. eye lids
3. good ol plasti dip rims
4. window tint.
5. fix my wifes scratch she put in the handle.. touch up pen(picture soon)
6. install new speakers and head unit.
7. body kit.... biggest pain.. money wise.
So far i think thats it...

#10 · (Edited)
Alright. I bought some Rusteloum Tint spray and had a go. I was going to wet sand and add clear coat, but i started too late and would try it the next day. Here is how it went.

It was a waste of my time. I installed the lights that afternoon and there was no cracking. The following day i woke up early on a saturday to take them back off and was going to clean them and found this...

Needless to say i was pretty pissed. So i took them off and cleaned them with Turtle wax label remover and this was how it turned out.
Both tail lights were now cracked. I was told that I may have tightened the tail lights way too tight and it was a stress fracture. They were so loose you could walk up and wiggle them. So i dont think that was the case.

I ordered new tail lights from amazon. Spec D. The fitment is a little off. But it works. I haven't had a chance to test out if they will throw a code yet. I had the car running for maybe 5 mins and no code. All lights are in and working. Dont look that bad in my opinion. But now i dont know how they work with chrome Hid head lights....

I was not wanting to buy new tail lights but eh things happen.
I guess either the tint spray cracked them or it was the label remover.. Im going to buy some junk yard random tail lights and spray one on each and see what happens.

I ordered Projector eyelids and will take anywhere from 5-7 weeks :sad:
Paint matched and everything.. So i'm hoping to take apart my headlights and get them painted.. But after ruining my tail lights i'm kinda hesitating on messing with my head lights... I cant keep buying items i have that work perfectly fine.

(UPDATE) So No cruise control and traction lol. I figured it was to good to be true. I will be picking up the items to fix it via the tutorial i found on this site.

#12 ·
Oh you and me both. The body kit taunts me everyday. I see it sitting there in the big box in my house.. Just waiting.. And waiting. I wish I could paint it and just throw it on.
Anyways yeah the tails just flashed the no traction control, and I tested the cruise control. Sure enough none on each. Went to autozone after I got the car tinted to 20% and they didn't have that part anywhere. Drove around to Napa and they gave me the deer in the headlights look.. Ended up at O'Rileys with the most help I have seen in a parts store for a while. They had two types, the ceramic version as seen in the tutorial on how to fix the issues. And a new type they just picked up. It looked like two mini audio amps. Grabbed the one I know that works and its working just fine. Then I found out some how I blew a bulb in the tail lights later and had it fixed.. All good now.. Just waiting on more cash to finish this car up.

#13 ·
Alright just got back from a small trip to pick up all my old car speakers and it was a hit and miss.
The previous car was a 1995 Plymouth neon with pretty good sound system my father and i put in.
12inch rockford fosgate prime subs.
r300x4 prime rockford amp
r500x1 prime rockford amp
and 2 6x9s kenwood speakers(dont know the specs)
and 5x5 kenwood speakers (dont know the specs)

Well it sat in the sun for about 2 years straight. The 6x9s in the back window were baked so bad just a slight touch and the tweeter had a finger size hole... It ripped like crazy. I know of a way to fix the tweeters but since i didnt really want to deal with them i just gave them back to my dad. He said he wanted them.
I was unable to get into my trunk for some reason. The key wouldn't turn to open it. I still had access to the back window by the seat and had two openings from the 6x9s. I had a few tools with me to make a crazy long extension to get the the trunk though the back window and undo the bolts holding the hook. So i was able to grab my amps and subs after quite a bit of work.
So after i grab some new 6x9s to put in the eclipse i can go and install it and let you know how it all sounds.

#14 ·
Alright Had some fun things happen... I was driving and went around a sharp corner in town and i guess it looked like a pot hole? as soon as i passed the corner my car felt different. The car was wanting to go to the right side really hard. And the dash popped up with the tire symbol. I pulled over as soon as i could and checked it out. Sure enough the tire was flat. I checked maps and found a les shwab like two blocks away. I was going to change the tire out. But with it raining and being super windy i decided the two blocks wouldn't matter. I know I should of changed the tire... I have a spare for a reason. Anyways i get there and was told the tire was pretty much toast. They are the ones that have been on the car since i bought it. Good Year Eagle somethings. Really the worst tire i have every had. So now got a quote on tires... To replace the tire they wanted 280.... I ended up getting two toyo proxie 4 plus which are pretty good tires. I had to do credit as i didnt have the 280. Soon i will have to replace the back tires as well with the same. Im liking the tires though. Good traction in the rain and even better on the dry pavement. So really wasnt a loss. Just kinda wasnt looking to fork out money on new tires when they still had some tread left...
Now my plasti dip rims look ridiculous. lol.. live and learn.

#15 ·
Can you post a Pic of the plasti dipped wheels please? I am looking to have mine resurfaced and powder coated this winter but would like to see what the look is without the mirror face. I would rather save the $300 and order a new set of rims come spring but really like the stock wheels.

Thx much!

#16 ·
Can you post a Pic of the plasti dipped wheels please? I am looking to have mine resurfaced and powder coated this winter but would like to see what the look is without the mirror face. I would rather save the $300 and order a new set of rims come spring but really like the stock wheels.
Hey no problem.
I took these like a week after i did my rims. I also wanted matte black but also liked the stock rims as well. I believe i actually did 5 coats on each wheel.

What i didn't take a picture of was my rims after Les Shwab put on the new tires.. So i actually have to redo both rims now.
But i hope this is what you were looking for.

#19 ·
Alright after 2 and 1/2 months i finally got my Eyelids. I will post pictures in a while. I'm going to be taking my headlights apart and painting them thanks to lowridahs advice since he did the exact thing. Should be this weekend or following days. I finally get my vacation time and have some mods to finish.... i just hope the weather permits it as i don't have a garage and it rains a lot where i live...

#20 ·
Alright so i finally got finished with baking my head lights... Lol alright so everything turned out ok. Except i screwed up painting and had to redo it. I also have a park light out and now the motor which moves the light up and down doesn't work on one side. I think i can fix it. All and all it was a 75% success.

So heres some pictures. Let me know what you guys think.

Ignore all the glue on the bumper, it was late and will be cleaned. But so far not to shabby...

#27 · (Edited)
Actually i used 5 min epoxy to hold them together as i squeezed them tightly for like 10 mins untill it was holding together. Then i wrapped it tightly to hold it so i didnt have to anymore. I then moved on to RTV silicone and covered all the edges with it. That didnt work so i took them off and added more. Still nothing.. So i added more... Then moved to a windshield silicone sealer and went over all the edges. And also covered all the edges again with rubber hose type stuff... And now this morning... a little bit of fog still... I did have a spot i missed two days ago and thats why i added so much glue. I had the headlight half full of water no joke.. It was leaking out the corners only. My Hid bulb started flashing and wouldnt turn back on. As soon as i could i ripped everything out and found out water was going into the ballast. Used a blow dryer and a got all the water out as much as possible.. Lol i thought it was toast... Nope.. still working. :) lol im doing everything to seal that mo fo. I kid you not if this doesnt work im going to take them all out again for the 50th time and freaking plasti dip the corners.. nice rubber seal lol.

#29 ·
Did you clean out the channel? If you left the original sealant in there & tried to put them back together like that it's probably not going to make a good seal. I thought you just had some fog but that much water isn't good, the ballasts isn't waterproof & might get damaged if it keeps getting water.

Is it a silicone type sealant? Like pasty & stuff? Butyl would probably be the best thing to use.

*hope the pictures work I'm using the new mobile site*

Attachments

#30 ·
Yeah i did clean out the channel as much as possible. The RTV silicone is pasty and messy as hell. I think when i glued them back together it just never got a good seal in the channel... Im going to take them apart and redo it anyways.

When I swapped lenses on mine I used four spring clamps per headlight to make sure the seal was as tight as I possibly could. They are $1 a piece down at Home Depot, so it's worth a try. As for sealant I used RTV clear silicone and hadn't had any issues with fogging.

These are the clamps I used BTW.
Thanks eosrebel. I might have to run down to home depot soon and pick some up. Yeah thats the same type im using. Im sure I just didnt have a good seal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.