Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority - View Single Post - QuickSilver, a progression thread.
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Om Nomz

Name: Zach
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
Om Nomz is on a distinguished road
QuickSilver, a progression thread.

[update 3/21/17] edited list to reflect changes and finished parts

Ok, this thread will be starting where my newbie thread left off on the repair and modification of my 2008 Eclipse GT currently dubbed "Quicksilver".

Link to my first thread discussing the future of my car and my introduction can be found HERE.

Below is a list of repairs and modifications that I have planned on doing, in no particular order, followed by pictures of QuickSilver in her vanilla state. Following posts will include pictures of progress and changes.

The plan is to eventually have a very technologically connected and driven vehicle, the Android head will have portable wifi, bluetooth connection to the OBDII reader, footwell lights, console liner lights, front and rear halo lights, color change bulbs, remote start, speaker ring lights, and more.

Repair:
  • hatch support, plate/ struts (one strut, plate, and two screws missing when purchased, replacements already on the way, also replacing the strut that is not missing) [done]
  • driver side door handle (cracked on back, cover missing clips) [done and CF wraped]
  • small paint removal from leather??? (purchased with some red paint on passenger seat)
  • need trunk cover replaced (was not available when I purchased)

Modifications:
  • *temp* adding aux cable to stock stereo till such time as I decide on and buy android head. [done]
  • carbon wrap accent pieces [Door handles and stereo plate done]
  • replace interior lighting with LEDs ( Trunk, glove box, dome, vanity)[dome done with blue, white panel is installed in trunk but will be replaced with better fitting LED]
  • under dash lighting
  • under seat lighting
  • custom shift knob
  • buy/modify trunk cover
  • puddle light projectors
  • change bumpers and side skirts
  • change head and tail lights
  • add EL wire around main dash piece
  • remove factory head, replace with double din android running head, then connect it to the LED control application, rear view camera, OBDII reader. Maybe add dash cam connection?
  • and more that I am sure will come up as I think about them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 902dca2d4cec4aaaec81b154af0af8e0x.jpg (29.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg edba424b868bf510cdfaded9f5f5753dx.jpg (33.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20170310_114942.jpg (41.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20170310_115100.jpg (35.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20170310_115111.jpg (36.8 KB, 7 views)

LEDs add horsepower right?

I can go from 0-hell in 3.5 seconds...

Last edited by Om Nomz; March 21st, 2017 at 09:35 AM.
Om Nomz is offline   Reply With Quote