Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority - View Single Post - another MPG thread
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
MarionCobretti

Name: Jim
Vehicle: 2006 GT 6MT
MarionCobretti has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
I short shift in city driving, usually upshift around 2000 rpm. Set the cruise on the highway at 110 km/h (68 MPH) and I'm spinning @ 2100 in 6th.

Fuel economy is supposed to be better with Hackish's tune, but I haven't really been paying attention to that if I'm totally honest
I need to follow your example. Part of the reason why my fuel economy isn't great is that I tend to run about 80 mph/129 kph on the highway, which spins the engine around 2600-2700 rpm, and sucks up precious premium. Also, while I try to short shift, one of the reasons for owning a GT is that the engine sounds darn good when you let it spin up a bit. I'm going to make an effort to be a good boy this week, and see what kind of mileage I get.