Convertible top operation - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2016, 09:36 PM   #41 (permalink)

Name: Blaise
Vehicle: 2007 Spyder GT
BVigilante is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know what type of hydraulic oil to use? Mine might be a little low. I also need the rubber seal for the 5th bow that touched the tonneau cover. The original weatherstripping is all chewed up.
BVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Name: Zack
Vehicle: 07 spider
Toyman151 is on a distinguished road
Need info on who made or where to get tonneau cylinder no longer able to get at dealer? Thanks
Toyman151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

Name: Hiram
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse spider
Pedroza67 is on a distinguished road
I need to replace left Rotary Actuator hinge,anyone has a post I can use to remove unit
Pedroza67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 1st, 2017, 09:41 AM   #44 (permalink)

Name: George
Vehicle: 2008 GT Spyder
spyder9669 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
dumb question, but does anyone have a picture of where the 2 release points for the 5th bow are?

my top doesn't want to go down, and googling around it sounds exactly like the 5th bow sensor problem that seems to be pretty common, and one of the pages i came across talked about how to manually open the top and check for a bad splice on the wiring.

justanswer.com/mitsubishi/7nw1g-mitsubishi-eclipse-spyder-gs-hello-friendsi-problem.html

the page had a ton of pictures of everything EXCEPT where the actual release points were. i found the hidden tool behind the sub just fine, and the release point above the sub for the tonneau, but am not seeing anything that the tool fits into for the other 2 release points.

if it makes any difference, my eclipse is a 2008.

---edit---

just an update, i did manage to find those release points and get the top down. i'll take some pictures later so other people have an idea of where they are.

as to the problem i was having, here is where it stands:

1. as i was manually opening the top, i wasn't able to get the tonneau to lift open, however after the 5th bow was up, my top open button magically started working!

2. i let it open to the point where i could get at the wiring for the sensors. i unplugged the one on the passenger side, unraveled the connector some and started cutting back the plastic shielding. i went pretty far, but wasn't able to find the splice before it got dark. how far away from the silver cylinder is the splice point? i'm at a point where it's getting difficult to work on the wire because it's getting pretty crowded, but i haven't reached the two zip ties yet. up to this point, both wires in the connector have been solid, and i haven't seen any splices.

3. when i decided to call it a night due to the darkness (thanks end of summer ), i used the close top button and everything worked perfectly, aside from the fact i ran into the same issue that caused the whole problem to begin with. my windows wouldn't close after the top went up, turning off the car and turning it back on fixed my windows, but now the top doesn't want to open. (i'm expecting that if i try manually again, i'll experience the same thing)

anything specific i should keep my eyes open for next time i open it up and try to find that splice point?

---2nd edit----

problem solved. found the splice, it was popped. soldered back together and the top works like new.
This is the exact problem i've been having! Did you ever get around to doing those pictures?
spyder9669 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2017, 09:45 AM   #45 (permalink)

Name: George
Vehicle: 2008 GT Spyder
spyder9669 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovisman View Post
On the hard top and I'm sure the convertible there is what we call a short-stroke reset. With the top all the way up and locked, roll one window down at a time, hold the down button until you hear a click (10 Seconds). Release the down window button. Now roll the window up holding it in the up position until you hear a click (10 Seconds). That window is now reset. Do this with all four windows. With all four windows reset, this should reset the ECU for your top and also help with the lowering and raising of the top.
The front and back windows on my convertible go down at the same time, so how would I be able to reset the back ones if they always go down with the front ones?
spyder9669 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4th gen, body, bolts, broken, button, detail, drive, eclipse, electronics, good, header, loss, lower, lowered, lowering, mitsubishi, move, offer, parts, questions, rear, starting, system, top, works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.