What did you do for your car today? - Page 15 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:22 PM   #561 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang
choppertwo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by randman View Post
Well? Title says it all .What love did you show your ride today?
I bought a muffler for the E46.
I got my Iggee front seatcovers today, got them installed, looks fantastic, what a difference, it really woke up the interior, took @ 1 hr,--- CHOP
choppertwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2012, 06:26 PM   #562 (permalink)

Name: Ernesto
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
Toes08GT will become famous soon enough
Got my exhaust. Installing it soon.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1346455584818.jpg (27.9 KB, 24 views)
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:44 PM   #563 (permalink)

Name: Cleo
Vehicle: 06/eclipse/gt-p
dream_come_true is a jewel in the roughdream_come_true is a jewel in the rough
Welded my muffler back on lol

Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:25 PM   #564 (permalink)
chucknasty

Name: charles
Vehicle: 99 corvette
chucknasty01eclipse will become famous soon enough
reinstalled gaskets and stuff on my car, leaks all gone but misfiring like a whore probably my destroyed wires or my distributor (forgot which one i put on there lol) so if new wires dont fix it i swap disi and see what happens.

engine and trans almost out of 4 cylinder ended up leaving the driver side cv axle in to see if i can take it with the engine and trans since the damn thing is being stubborn. just 2 mounts and the engine hoist holding it up right now. after that is out i go through the long tedious process of inspecting junkyard engines to find one i like.

1984 corvette - z51 package, stainless brake lines, borla exhaust, gutted cat
chucknasty01eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:40 PM   #565 (permalink)

Name: Andrew Engel
Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gt
Andrew161 is on a distinguished road
restored a hideous carbon fiber hood and fixed a broken front bumper. when i saw her today i almost cried by how good she looks :') i posted pics in the "best pic of your car" thread.
Andrew161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:20 PM   #566 (permalink)
All go and no show

Name: Greg
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
Army_NJ is a jewel in the roughArmy_NJ is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew161 View Post
restored a hideous carbon fiber hood and fixed a broken front bumper. when i saw her today i almost cried by how good she looks :') i posted pics in the "best pic of your car" thread.
Please tell me you made a how to. I have a 1990 acura integra vis carbon fiber hood worth $800 that needs restoration badly but i dont know jack about cf restoration...
Installed: DC Sports CAI, Outlaw Engineering TB Spacer, GT TB, TB Bypass, Tenzo R Lowering Springs, Sickspeed Oil Catch Can, RF Head Unit, RF Speakers, Aem Uego, Gutted exhaust manifold, Redline Tuning hood struts, Magnaflow Catback.
On hand: A ton of stuff that im too lazy/dont have time to install.
Next project: Sneaky sneakys.
Army_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:39 AM   #567 (permalink)

Name: Andrew Engel
Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gt
Andrew161 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_NJ View Post
Please tell me you made a how to. I have a 1990 acura integra vis carbon fiber hood worth $800 that needs restoration badly but i dont know jack about cf restoration...
Sorry man i didn't do the work myself. Guy charged me 125$ for the sanding and reclear. If you live in puerto rico i'd be happy to take you to his shop. As to the how to, while i was checking out the work he told me that the CF was in really bad shape. To scrape of the white stuff he started off with 220 grit sand paper and worked his way up. Once everything was removed he recleared the hood and it looks like new man!
Andrew161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM   #568 (permalink)
All go and no show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew161 View Post
Sorry man i didn't do the work myself. Guy charged me 125$ for the sanding and reclear. If you live in puerto rico i'd be happy to take you to his shop. As to the how to, while i was checking out the work he told me that the CF was in really bad shape. To scrape of the white stuff he started off with 220 grit sand paper and worked his way up. Once everything was removed he recleared the hood and it looks like new man!
Ahh gotcha. Preciate it man. I got a little crack in the hood and some kinda greyish buildup on it. And the idiot before me drilled a 2 inch hole in it for what im assuming was a hood pin but its up near the windshield.
Installed: DC Sports CAI, Outlaw Engineering TB Spacer, GT TB, TB Bypass, Tenzo R Lowering Springs, Sickspeed Oil Catch Can, RF Head Unit, RF Speakers, Aem Uego, Gutted exhaust manifold, Redline Tuning hood struts, Magnaflow Catback.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM   #569 (permalink)
Be afraid...very afraid!!

Name: chuck
Vehicle: 06 GT M/T
chuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to all
rim swap from stockers.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (78.8 KB, 21 views)
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM   #570 (permalink)
chucknasty

Name: charles
Vehicle: 99 corvette
chucknasty01eclipse will become famous soon enough

1984 corvette - z51 package, stainless brake lines, borla exhaust, gutted cat
chucknasty01eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #571 (permalink)

Name: Jesus
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/SpyderGS
JRspyderGS has a spectacular aura about
Did this about two weeks ago

Painted chrome projectors Gloss Black, installed ccfl halos, and LED strip on the eyebrow and slightly spray tinted the reflectors...

Before
[IMG][/IMG]

During the Process:
[IMG][/IMG]

After:

I did this without knowing what i was doing and no spare headlights in case I messed up, and personally i think they came out great
JRspyderGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #572 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Name: joeyc
Vehicle: 2006 ECLIPSE GT
JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
^^^way better looking!!!
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #573 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Name: joeyc
Vehicle: 2006 ECLIPSE GT
JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
I took my baby to the beaches in cali! raced 20 cars = . lol every one and there momma wanted to race ! even to lambos on the beached reved at me . then a pack of bikers 20 deep reved at me rode willy and took off!!!
OH AND AS FOR MODS-i ADDED NEW REAR LIGHTS ON FRIDAY!
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #574 (permalink)

2 Highscores

Vehicle: 2007 Mitsu Eclipse SE
EclipseMua507 will become famous soon enough
well didn't really do anything to mine, just keeping her on the road. paid my taxes last week and put on my registration sticker.
EclipseMua507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #575 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC View Post
^^^way better looking!!!
thanks man!
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #576 (permalink)

2 Highscores

yeah those lights look awsome, i had Ricoswave do mine since i am not totally confident in my abilities with takings stuff apart just yet.
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #577 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
amb7247 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseMua507 View Post
yeah those lights look awsome, i had Ricoswave do mine since i am not totally confident in my abilities with takings stuff apart just yet.
may be a really dumb question but is it legal to have halo projector lights. I saw some that already have the black housing. I really like those. Any tips on which brand to get? I've seen a few and they all look alike. If it's a DR and PnP and ready to bolt and mount. I'm for it.

What have I done for it this week?

Replaced hood nozzles with brand new OEM nozzles, new plugs (with valve cover gasket), new amsoil and eA oil filter, 4 wheel alignment *Turns out i had a too much toe-in problem* and two front tires.

Last edited by amb7247; September 6th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
amb7247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #578 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb7247 View Post
may be a really dumb question but is it legal to have halo projector lights. I saw some that already have the black housing. I really like those. Any tips on which brand to get? I've seen a few and they all look alike. If it's a DR and PnP and ready to bolt and mount. I'm for it.

What have I done for it this week?

Replaced hood nozzles with brand new OEM nozzles, new plugs (with valve cover gasket), new amsoil and eA oil filter, 4 wheel alignment *Turns out i had a too much toe-in problem* and two front tires.
Yes projectors are legal most of the member here have them actually.. and as for the brand from what i hear most aftermarket projectors are made with poor quality( not sealed right, halos burn out, projectors sometimes not really good) what i recommend is do what i did buy the cheapest you can find and do the work yourself and youll be more satisfied with them
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #579 (permalink)

Quote:
haha me either but i like to do stuff myself and i think its better because you learn something new and feel even better because you know your hard work payed off
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #580 (permalink)

2 Highscores

about the cheap plastic part, i just found out that my aftermarket lights are cracking after i had them clearcoated 3 months ago. talking to rico now about replacing the lenses with buffed and polised lenses from stock headlights for the thicker plastic if it will work. then i will have them recoated and hope they don't crack again. i have never had stock lenses crack, they just get really weather worn. so if i can get stock lenses to replace my aftermarket ones i will do that but i am not sure if the stock ones are the same size as aftermarket. also what did you use to reseal you lights?
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #581 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRspyderGS View Post
Yes projectors are legal most of the member here have them actually.. and as for the brand from what i hear most aftermarket projectors are made with poor quality( not sealed right, halos burn out, projectors sometimes not really good) what i recommend is do what i did buy the cheapest you can find and do the work yourself and youll be more satisfied with them
I know you said most are cheap quality. But I was curious if you or anyone had a specific website or place where they are good quality. I'll pay a little more as long as it's made right with quality materials. The old saying goes you get what you pay for.

I did look at this website: 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse Halo Projector Headlights (Gloss Black G1) Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore. They also have the eyelids they can paint for another $75 you just have to give your paint code.

Anyone know if these are cheap quality or can you recommend a place that I should take a second look at?
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #582 (permalink)

2 Highscores

well after what has happend to mine, EVEN AFTER BEING CLEARCOATED, i would say all of the aftermarket ones are rather cheap quality. the plastic under my clearcoat is spidering after having them on only 3 months, i got mine from Spec D tuning for only $200. i haven't tried any others.
Old September 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #583 (permalink)

hey mua,

do you happen to know the part # for those spec D's? I wonder if your spidering is happening on both lights or just on the one.

Autocityimport has with the part # 2LHPELP06G-TM

and

auto anything has the same one (looking at the picture) but for $40 more with part #: 2LHP-ELP06JM-TM

I assume both are by spec D although autocityimport does not say. And what's with the different part #, is there any difference. I wonder if one has dfferent materials in it vs the other.

I did look at spec-d website and they do not show the 2LHP-ELP06JM-TM

Last edited by amb7247; September 6th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #584 (permalink)
All go and no show

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb7247 View Post
I know you said most are cheap quality. But I was curious if you or anyone had a specific website or place where they are good quality. I'll pay a little more as long as it's made right with quality materials. The old saying goes you get what you pay for.

I did look at this website: 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse Halo Projector Headlights (Gloss Black G1) Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore. They also have the eyelids they can paint for another $75 you just have to give your paint code.

Anyone know if these are cheap quality or can you recommend a place that I should take a second look at?
If youre concerned about getting top of the line parts contact ricosuave/iconic designs. Search threads here for those usernames
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #585 (permalink)

Quote:
about the cheap plastic part, i just found out that my aftermarket lights are cracking after i had them clearcoated 3 months ago. talking to rico now about replacing the lenses with buffed and polised lenses from stock headlights for the thicker plastic if it will work. then i will have them recoated and hope they don't crack again. i have never had stock lenses crack, they just get really weather worn. so if i can get stock lenses to replace my aftermarket ones i will do that but i am not sure if the stock ones are the same size as aftermarket. also what did you use to reseal you lights?
Hey thats actually a good idea. ive had mine for about 6 months and they still look good from the lenses and they only cost me 120. and as far as resealing them i used the same adhesive they already come with and heated it up and added some clear silicone i got at autozone, it worked like a charm now there's no water in the headlights when it rains like before.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #586 (permalink)

2 Highscores

so the adhesive that you heated up to take them apart you just reheated to seal them and used clear silicone? ok cool deal, i am looking on the FS threads for people selling the OEM headlights so i can harvest the outer lenses to see if the thicker plastic will hold up better, i am also trying to get my car in to a garage spot here at the house to protect her better from this awful summer heat
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #587 (permalink)

Quote:
so the adhesive that you heated up to take them apart you just reheated to seal them and used clear silicone? ok cool deal, i am looking on the FS threads for people selling the OEM headlights so i can harvest the outer lenses to see if the thicker plastic will hold up better, i am also trying to get my car in to a garage spot here at the house to protect her better from this awful summer heat
yea it was pretty simple just make sure you use clamps or something to hold them tight and if you happen to have little gaps just put silicone on top and you should be good. and good luck let me know if you find anything..
and i know what you mean i live in El Paso and its always freaking hot!!
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #588 (permalink)

also what i did for my car today was heat up the springs and lowered 1.25 front and 1.5 back it looks sweet and only cost me 20 bucks!
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #589 (permalink)

2 Highscores

also what did you use to heat up the adhesive, a heat gun or hair dryer as i have heard of both being used
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #590 (permalink)

Quote:
also what did you use to heat up the adhesive, a heat gun or hair dryer as i have heard of both being used
I used a hair dryer, it worked really good and fast, I have too say that adhesive is not too good, thats why i added the silicone
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #591 (permalink)

Name: f
Vehicle: f
stumpy has a spectacular aura about
I put in a obx gun grip shifter for AT. Yesterday my friend and i put on a CF black out spoiler. Fun
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
I put in a obx gun grip shifter for AT. Yesterday my friend and i put on a CF black out spoiler. Fun
yea i saw the link you posted on the other thread those look sick you should upload pics
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #593 (permalink)

I like it way better than the stock one. More sport less dull
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #594 (permalink)

Forgot this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346998362.065981.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346998384.172460.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346998404.563749.jpg
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #595 (permalink)

looks sexy
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #596 (permalink)
revived from the ashes!

Name: Phoenix
Vehicle: unknown atm
deathbyphoenix will become famous soon enough
my mom stole my car once again shes doesn have a car so she keeps using mine... GOD I CAN WAIT TILL HER SCHOOL REFUND COMES IN.....
deathbyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #597 (permalink)
revived from the ashes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
dude thats sick! whered you get that???
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #598 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyphoenix View Post
dude thats sick! whered you get that???
he has it posted on another thread but here it is

OBX Super Gun Grip Chrome Automatic Car Shift Knob, Universal Fit + Free Gift | eBay
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #599 (permalink)
revived from the ashes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRspyderGS View Post
thanks, im kinda new... sadly theres not one in green and black... guess i gotta search some more...
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #600 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyphoenix View Post
thanks, im kinda new... sadly theres not one in green and black... guess i gotta search some more...
Heres u a black one on amazon. Google it and u may find more or u can paint one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016C0ZX8

Tags
car, muffler, show

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.