What did you do for your car today? - Page 5 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #161 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC View Post
My boss tells me if i want to make an extra 1000 a month -get rid of my car lol!
He heres its always in shop or being worked on so he thinks its a waste-if he only new!
not when it's like our pride and joy in life. it's for sure an expensive hobby, though.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #162 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGlisson View Post
Damn Joe...gotta stop off-roading that car...save that for the Jeeps.
yeah, some of the roads around here are dogshit.

Old October 28th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #163 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornmusician View Post
i didn't get the one with the remote, so it was only $40, which is the same price as the one at the dealer (ridiculous, i know) but it looks good and i can tuck the plate up underneath for washing or pics or whatever

today i drove to work. started on engine bay dressing before realizing i was out of zip ties :/
touche my friend. i zip tied mine and i think it looks mean.. even with the plate lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
bottomed out real bad the other day. messed up my oil filter and even popped off the drive belt. terrified i really messed it up....may have...but started fixing it today and it doesn't LOOK as bad as I'd feared....we'll see soon.... 3rd tow in 7 - 8 months. JOY. that is like nearly $300 in tow fees for me. F THAT.
dear god man... thats depressing hope all is good with the baby

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #164 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah it's fixed. seems to be fine. just CRUSHED the oil filter like a tin can.

Old October 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #165 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
^yeah it's fixed. seems to be fine. just CRUSHED the oil filter like a tin can.
damn.

all i did was clean my windows and rain x them
Old October 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #166 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
ssantac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia07Eclipse View Post
Supported a local quick lube with an oil change which came with a free wash

The automatic wash destroyed the hell out of the plasti dip on my wheels and gas cap, and removed the '4' on my club 4g decal :
Holy crap! Thats not a common thing is it? I just finished my wheels and I do the same thing, wash/oil.
AEM CAI, Hooker Muffler
Plasti-dipped stock wheels
ssantac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #167 (permalink)
illusionperformance

akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
i cleaned the snow off of my car.
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #168 (permalink)

Name: S
Vehicle: 2011 Eclipse GS
bornmusician has disabled reputation
washed it, drove it, vaccuumed it, put in my trunk mat and did as much as i could on the engine bay dressing!! i need one more size (autozone was out of it in blue)
bornmusician is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #169 (permalink)
Had a 2G, 3G and 2 4G's!

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse Spyder GS
Spydrwmn is on a distinguished road
I bought her new shoes -- Toyo Proxes 4. The ones she was wearing were pretty worn and now I'm happy that she won't slip in the snow too easily.
Spydrwmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #170 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia07Eclipse View Post
Supported a local quick lube with an oil change which came with a free wash

The automatic wash destroyed the hell out of the plasti dip on my wheels and gas cap, and removed the '4' on my club 4g decal :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssantac View Post
"Holy crap! Thats not a common thing is it? I just finished my wheels and I do the same thing, wash/oil."
oh man...that's a tough hit to take, right there. this is why I don't "trust" automatic car washes - especially the older kind that have brushes actually hitting your whip. even the brush-less ones don't earn my faith. it's a total pain in the ass to always hand wash my baby, but that's the only way to make certain that nothing to bad is happening to your car. apply just the right amount of pressure and such - especially when you're talking about a custom exterior with plasti-dip and all other manor of paint and exterior finish methods/jobs.

A hand wash is the only way to make sure your car is cared for the way you want.

I guess IF you have very little or no exterior mods to your paint or top-coat finish, then the risk would be minimal. you are still risking tiny/small/miniscule scratches from a brush if that's the kind of car wash it is. you can probably do the 'light rinse' or 'soft wash' if the machine has something like that to get the accumulated dust and dirt off for the most part. but if you are not stock, and you have, let's say: "sensitive" areas on the exterior finish, I personally would recommend hand wash only. either by yourself or w/ someone you know well and who's skill you trust and can rely on.

just my 200 pesos.

Old October 30th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #171 (permalink)
Selling 4G & Parts.

6 Highscores

Name: Cameron
Vehicle: '07 Eclipse SE
cmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to all
Hand wash everytime!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

follow me @usversusthem
cmattox23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #172 (permalink)
CF ----> Carbon Freak :)

Name: Phil
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
BPHILLY22 is a jewel in the roughBPHILLY22 is a jewel in the rough
Turned on the car for the first time in 2 wks lol made a video for the guys In the Custom Exhaust Thread

Carbon King ---->http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ncreation.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Eclipse 2011 View Post
and above u is carbon fiber man lol
BPHILLY22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM   #173 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
I installed my new HUD this weekend. Mixed review. Works fine but I am disappointed in the sampling rate....slow to respond especially in the tachometer mode.
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM   #174 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GS
Boomko will become famous soon enough
It is good weather down here in Chicago today, so I finally put my cf decals on my calipers. Plus washed her. I can't find the camera so no pictures for now. Only left to do SS brake lines in the spring and I'll be satisfied with my brakes. Planing on doing Goodridge G-stop SS brake lines from tirerack.com $118 for 4 lines not to bad.

Just wondering are whose cf decal from tearstone are real cf or not... :/
Boomko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 05:06 AM   #175 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang
choppertwo has a spectacular aura about
washed and waxed today, getting ready for winter, cleaned my air filter last week,might put the bra on tommorrow, we've already had our first snow--CHOP
choppertwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #176 (permalink)
illusionperformance

i put in my a pillar gauge pod
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #177 (permalink)

Name: Allan
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE
roxas25 is on a distinguished road
Took the eclipse off the back of the car
roxas25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #178 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well done. will look way cleaner.

Old November 8th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #179 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
i got me some new winter rims from Chris05, cant wait !!!!
that's gonna be pimpin' !!!!!!!!!

also looking at the M body kit from Autokits, talking to a local guy for paint...
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #180 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^jealous.

Old November 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #181 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
once i have an extra 80 whp on my car, then you can be jealous Joey
i'm thinking it's time for me to enjoy and dump some more cash into my car,
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #182 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Name: joeyc
Vehicle: 2006 ECLIPSE GT
JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
let my car freeze its ass off last night! It didnt give me any shit today !!!
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #183 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^man I was thinking about your hile mileage update thread - the truth is you drive the shit out of your car!

Old November 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #184 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse GT 06
JEZZA is just really niceJEZZA is just really niceJEZZA is just really nice
I washed it, bought some nice NT05 drag radials , installed them , went for a ride

GT V6 TURBO !!!!
JEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #185 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^monster.

Old November 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #186 (permalink)
Elitist Prick

Name: Jason
Vehicle: 2013 Lancer GT
Xero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to behold
Put 20mm spacers on the back!

Nobody with a good car needs to be justified. -Flannery O'Connor
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #187 (permalink)

Name: Allan
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE
roxas25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
^well done. will look way cleaner.
it does. thanks
roxas25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #188 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GS
Boomko will become famous soon enough

Received my strut tower bar. Will be installing next week.
Boomko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #189 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 2011/GT/6MT
synthetic will become famous soon enough
nothing exciting today
yesterday i started it and let it run for awhile, then turned it off and pulled the switch under the hood to disable the power to the systems in the car. its parked until the snow goes away
synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #190 (permalink)
-cruzer-

JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
Quote:
^monster.
YAH i guesse I do.Daily driver since 06! been to cali many times ,vegas ,mexico,and several cruises in az including a few mountain runs-those r my fav. but really dangerous 1 wrong turn ur off a cliff-but some of the best go out there and off there!So i guesse i cant complain shes held up real nice!

*this whole week I put 25 hours into fiberglass work into my body kit -now i am sanding it- another 20 hours I bet!also added custom grills. and then back to paint shop! I feel my steering going out so i feel another $900 will be needed asap!err(ill need a new steering pump and steering rack)And any week now pads will be gone and at that time ill have to drop another $600 on new break set up-kinda excited!
Old November 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #191 (permalink)

Name: Kristina
Vehicle: 2011/eclipse/gs sport
Skittle is a jewel in the roughSkittle is a jewel in the rough
what did i do for my car today... gave Sally half a tank of premium gas today ^ ^; not much but i know she likes the more expensive cup of tea lol

and JoeyC - nice! wish i had money to mod my car lol not yet tho... first thing i plan on doing is getting some HIDs and paint the engine cover + calipers cyan/teal ...
Skittle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #192 (permalink)
-cruzer-

and JoeyC - nice! wish i had money to mod my car lol not yet tho... first thing i plan on doing is getting some HIDs and paint the engine cover + calipers cyan/teal ... [/QUOTE]

shit my girlfriend hates my car cuz i spend so much on it!

*OH OH OH i forgot i also orderd some painted headlight covers should be here any day!i figured ehh since im ordering grills ill get these 2!lol i didnt realize how much they cost!
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #193 (permalink)
illusionperformance

pissed off my neighbor with it
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #194 (permalink)

Name: S
Vehicle: 2011 Eclipse GS
bornmusician has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
pissed off my neighbor with it

usually it's the neighbors pissing me off haha

nothin today, but beginning the stereo upgrade tomorrow. starting with amp+sub. gotta pace myself, christmas shopping and all
bornmusician is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #195 (permalink)
hektik skidz, y0

Name: Cody
Vehicle: '06 M/T GT(the real trim)
ensiferum0 is on a distinguished road
Dropped her off at the mechanic, ordered SPEC stage II clutch and halo projectors and I'm ordering custom shift boot and shift knob as we speak <3

Spec stage II clutch, halo projectors, Injen CAI, GReddy EVO 2 axle back, Tanabe front strut tower bar, Megan Coils, Full Energy Suspension mounts, short throw, Mishimoto CF shift knob,
ensiferum0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #196 (permalink)
-cruzer-

finishing up grills on bumper!re wired headlights thanks to joe at auto city imports!about to install headlight covers!then its off to paint shop just black again!
OH AND BEST MOD -removed underglow-lol
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #197 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/eclipse/SE
XxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond repute
got new wheels and tires!
azn/cracka goon #1 holla!
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m...14/image-1.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspower View Post
i see kchu's swag has rubbed off on you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
You _REALLY_ don't wanna start that war...

Trust me.

I would retract this statement and go f**k yourself before kchu comes and makes you look and feel like the biggest moron to ever walk this earth.
XxkevinchuxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #198 (permalink)
yes no maybe so

Vehicle: '11 Eclipse GS Sport
sdrn is just really nicesdrn is just really nicesdrn is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
Put 20mm spacers on the back!

hey man where you get your spacers? thats what i want and our cars the same year got pics?
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #199 (permalink)
yes no maybe so

Vehicle: '11 Eclipse GS Sport
sdrn is just really nicesdrn is just really nicesdrn is just really nice
vacumed inside, touch up rims with red outline sticker that was scraped of cause i curbed my rims (always curbing my rims on the sides, seems like the car doesnt have very good turning i dont know what you call this term but when i had my 3000gt i turned all the way and it turned way sharper if you know what i mean)
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #200 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/eclipse/SE
XxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond reputeXxkevinchuxX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrn View Post
hey man where you get your spacers? thats what i want and our cars the same year got pics?
i have some fs in the sale section.
azn/cracka goon #1 holla!
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m...14/image-1.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspower View Post
i see kchu's swag has rubbed off on you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
You _REALLY_ don't wanna start that war...

Trust me.

I would retract this statement and go f**k yourself before kchu comes and makes you look and feel like the biggest moron to ever walk this earth.
XxkevinchuxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
car, muffler, show

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.