Dealer wants my car back what should i do? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Paul
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse SE
lf2074 will become famous soon enough
Dealer wants my car back what should i do?

I bought a brand new car 3 months ago and it has 3000 miles on it and today my dealership called me and wants to buy my car back , they say they will buy it with 125% of its current condition plus an addition 500 is that what they normally do ? Is it worth it?
lf2074 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spyderman2007

Tournaments Won: 4

Sounds to me like a good deal! I say do it... go find another new one for cheaper and use that extra money for moddy mod mods!!!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Darren
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
GotRice? is a jewel in the roughGotRice? is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lf2074 View Post
I bought a brand new car 3 months ago and it has 3000 miles on it and today my dealership called me and wants to buy my car back , they say they will buy it with 125% of its current condition plus an addition 500 is that what they normally do ? Is it worth it?
See the fine print, check if there's a clause that states something like "with purchase of another vehicle". If there is, they'll tack that money onto that price.
GotRice? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
They call me the Wizzz

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
RyanWizdum is a jewel in the roughRyanWizdum is a jewel in the rough
Why do they want it back? If they want it back because they feel like they can make more money on it than what they are buying it back for, then why don't you keep all the profit and sell it yourself?
RyanWizdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman2007 View Post
Sounds to me like a good deal! I say do it... go find another new one for cheaper and use that extra money for moddy mod mods!!!!
Really a good deal? I bought the car 25k and sticker price was 26k plus gap insurance and some fees total money loan from bank is 30k , so I hear once a new car off the lot it decrease like 15~20% so like 22000 , I would lose like 8 thousand dollars
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWizdum View Post
Why do they want it back? If they want it back because they feel like they can make more money on it than what they are buying it back for, then why don't you keep all the profit and sell it yourself?
Yeah I have no idea , maybe its a routine they do to car buyers
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
it sounds like a setup to get you to buy a new car. im sure there is something in the fine print that says it has to be towards the purchase of a new car
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
remember, this is a dealership, not the Red Cross...
why in f'in hell would they buy back a car they sold you? unless:
1- there is something terribly, terribly wrong with the car that they want to hide before you find out (highly unlikely)
2- guess what? if they buy your car back, you're car-less. so you need a new one... and you're gonna be on their lot, turning your car back to them, so chances are you'll buy another car from them...

they say 125% of its current condition? say your car is worth $22k + 25%, that's $27.5k. you still lose $2,500 + you gotta get a new car still.

and $22k is what WE think it's worth... the dealer will probably tell you it's worth about $16k, because of mileage, because you farted in the seat, because the tires now have miles on them, etc,etc...

keep your car !!
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Kat (Karolyn)
Vehicle: 2011 Spyder GT-P
Ratskat has a spectacular aura about
find out exactly what they will offer you total. If not a good deal say no. As said they are out to make money so somewhere it's a great deal for them and most likely not so much for you - there are no free rides out there

Redline Tuning hood lifts, Ralliart colour matched eyelids, painted "eclipse" fuel door & calipers, Kenwood DNX 7160 DD w/ bluetooth & Garmin GPS, Custom sealed sub box w/ Rockford Fosgate Amp & 10" sub, stubbie antenna & sexy 18" Rims. Purrrfect
Ratskat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stranded. That's what.

Name: Kazi
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
KazF is just really niceKazF is just really niceKazF is just really niceKazF is just really nice
Just fucking run guy. Run.
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Spyderman2007

Tournaments Won: 4

Yeah I rethought this.. Prolly not good idea..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
They call me the Wizzz

I guess you should look into what they want to offer you exactly, but don't get your hopes up. Don't let them talk you into it too, if the price isn't high, say no and don't go back
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elitist Prick

Name: Jason
Vehicle: 2013 Lancer GT
Xero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to behold
Here are some cold, hard facts. I bought my car brand new and the the sticker said roughly $22k. I have 8,415 miles on it. The dealership offered me $12k for it. So, you will SOOOOOO not get what they are offering. Take 10k off the original price.

Nobody with a good car needs to be justified. -Flannery O'Connor
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
it's like meeting this shady guy in the back-alley, and he says "hey i'll rape you right here and now, but i got some lube with me, it wont hurt as bad, you're OK with that?"

same thing here
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
it's like meeting this shady guy in the back-alley, and he says "hey i'll rape you right here and now, but i got some lube with me, it wont hurt as bad, you're OK with that?"

same thing here
Haha yeah probly close to that, I won't give it a second thought, tho I was giving high hope that I could buy another Eclipse and do some modds on a used car instead new
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
They call me the Wizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
Here are some cold, hard facts. I bought my car brand new and the the sticker said roughly $22k. I have 8,415 miles on it. The dealership offered me $12k for it. So, you will SOOOOOO not get what they are offering. Take 10k off the original price.
Dang that sucks
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
The "Touring" Eclipse

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse SE
HOMESLICE is a jewel in the roughHOMESLICE is a jewel in the rough
I have heard that a lot of used cars are selling better in these eceonomic hard times so dealers are wanting more, so the value of a used car compared to a new car is high because people can't afford a brand new car as much as a slightly used one.

Check it out, what can it hurt except time
Modifications: Injen 3" SES Exhaust, Injen CAI, Tanabe Upper/Lower Strut Bars, TWM STS & Shift Knob, Ingalls Torque Damper, Outlaw IM/TB Spacers/TB Bypass, Eibach springs and Sway Bars front and rear, Ichiba Wheel Spacers, Ralliart Eyelids, Tint
6 and above is true love, 5 and below they'll never know
HOMESLICE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Pete
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Spyder/GS
Pedro is a jewel in the roughPedro is a jewel in the rough
I'm a curious mother fucker and I hate dealerships. I would want to know why and in great detail...there is nothing wrong in asking. I wouldn't take no short answer from an idiot looking at me like I just fell off a wagon either. Then once I cut through all the bullshit and get to some real facts...I would find out if what they're doing is legal. I don't know I'm a big fat jerk when it comes to bully's and assholes, so don't take my advice.

Damn I wish it was me. Haha. My wife would be like "oh god no not the donkey jote vs. the dealership act again!" ...Hahaha!

http://www.myspace.com/socal4g
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Name: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT
Animefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really nice
Just remember when in doubt don't put out..
Animefreak1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
tamarockstarboi has a spectacular aura about
dont do it. not worth the time. i get letters every 2 months from my mitsu dealer saying they will give me top dollar for mine...or give me $3k off a new one when i trade in....
tamarockstarboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Name: J
Vehicle: 2012 RalliArt
Kingjames359 will become famous soon enough
Keep it! Or make them give you a evo for your ride

2012 RalliArt: Ams uicp, Evo x bpv
Kingjames359 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Financial Wizard

Name: Nick
Nick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazF View Post
Just fucking run guy. Run.
This, do.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah...this sounds fishy as heck....check it out if you want to just for grins but I know this cannot end well
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

just go in and say you want PRICE AS NEW + 25%, or a brand new Evo. or no deal. and raise a stink while you're there !
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Deez Nutz

Name: Adam
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS Manual
adamcky90 will become famous soon enough
Sounds shady to me.
adamcky90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
Retired User

Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gt
crazymedic has a spectacular aura about
Do like the discount tire commercial and drive it through the dealerships front window
crazymedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

The dealership ---> Peter Griffin Raped during prostate exam - YouTube <--- you
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Pete
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Spyder/GS
Pedro is a jewel in the roughPedro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post

http://www.myspace.com/socal4g
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
nWo

Vehicle: 2008/eclipse/gt/se
nWo is on a distinguished road
About a year ago the dealership I bought my car at in 2008 would call me the first of the month three months in a row to "check" how I liked my new car. I had already had it three years.
After telling them that I am extremely satisfied they would then roll out their sales pitch about how my car is in the top 5% of cars that people were buying used and wanted to know if I had any interest in trading it in and buying a new car from them.
Each time I would tell them they can't afford to buy my car from me with everything I've done to it. Funny thing is it was the same salesman each time. I finally after the third time blocked his number.
nWo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
back, brand, brand new, buy, car, worth it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.