P0171 & p0174. O2 sensor spacers or timing belt? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Zach
Vehicle: 2006/gs
Zsnow_92 is on a distinguished road
P0171 & p0174. O2 sensor spacers or timing belt?

Ok so I put spacers on both bottom o2 sensors bc I was throwing a code for my catalytic converter. It's completely stock. The spacers have been working for 2 months. Until yesterday. No codes. I got my timing belt replaced about a month ago and when I got the car back it kinda ran a little rougher and vibrates more than before.
My question is would the spacers cause the car to run to lean? Or is it more likely they messed up during the timing belt replacement?

Last edited by Zsnow_92; March 25th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Zsnow_92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

The day before it came on my girlfriend ran it until the gas light came on.. Could this be the problem? Car has 107,000 miles on it 2.4 2006
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Derek
Vehicle: 06 Gs Auto
derek-g will become famous soon enough
Its the spacers. My question is why run 02 spacers when car is completely stock? You really only need those if you have headers

http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...clipse-gs.html
derek-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek-g View Post
Its the spacers. My question is why run 02 spacers when car is completely stock? You really only need those if you have headers
I had a p0421 and p0431 code. And people on here said to do it. It solved the code. But now I have these different codes. Would it be better for the car to take the spacers off and just deal with the original Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold codes? Isn't running lean really bad for the car? What route should I take for the p0421 & p0431 codes?
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Derek
Vehicle: 06 Gs Auto
derek-g will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsnow_92 View Post
I had a p0421 and p0431 code. And people on here said to do it. It solved the code. But now I have these different codes. Would it be better for the car to take the spacers off and just deal with the original Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold codes? Isn't running lean really bad for the car? What route should I take for the p0421 & p0431 codes?
Id say its better to run the po421-31 and all that is is the sensors getting to much air and making the catalytic converter warm up quicker than normal. But the other codes are running lean and you don't want to do that so just take off the spacers and don't worry about the other codes bc they aren't effecting the car that much man

http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...clipse-gs.html
derek-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek-g View Post
Id say its better to run the po421-31 and all that is is the sensors getting to much air and making the catalytic converter warm up quicker than normal. But the other codes are running lean and you don't want to do that so just take off the spacers and don't worry about the other codes bc they aren't effecting the car that much man
Thank you!!
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
A very common problem with the Eclipse is O2 sensors dying. That's the first place I'd be looking. Also, make sure all your maintenance items are up to date. If the sparkplugs and such are severely worn it can sometimes cause weird codes to pop up (although more often you get the p030X codes for misfires.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
back, belt, car, catalytic, code, codes, converter, lean, o2 sensor, question, replacement, sensor, sensors, spacers, stock, stock., timing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.