9 speakers?? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 eclipse gt
mosh350 is on a distinguished road
9 speakers??

ummm does anybody else besides me just count 6 and a sub? is there like a secret 2 in a portal or something LOL!! wtf
mosh350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired User

jackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to behold
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/oem/p...stem%20Diagram

There is teh diagram for the speaker system

9 speakers placed in 7 locations in the vehicle create an amazing sound experience.

6" Coaxial 2-way < rear speakers, I believe has 2 speakers within.

Last edited by jackvuu; March 1st, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
jackvuu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 eclipse gt
mosh350 is on a distinguished road
oh thats lame they count a 2way speaker as 2 speakers LOL!!! oh well it does sound good for factory!! thanks for the info man.
mosh350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Name: Dane
Vehicle: '07 GT, Ultra Red
Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
ya I actually wondered where the other 2 were myself.....I now have 10 speakers and 2 subs never could figure out where those other 2 were.......but then again I didn't have the RF system......

so according to that diagram, the door speakers, and the sub are the only ones powered by the amp? the rear quarter speakers arent?.....
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Droganto

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
MannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really nice
This been discussed early on some threads, but yes they count the doors speakers as two. I guess that is part of a marketing trick. And Yes the Amp manage the subwoofer and the doors speakers and the radio manage the dash and back speakers.

Follow us Facebook
'06 4G_GT (Old Ride) '09 370Z (New Ride)
MannyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Tournaments Won: 2

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
Cedric is a glorious beacon of lightCedric is a glorious beacon of lightCedric is a glorious beacon of lightCedric is a glorious beacon of light
On the eclipses with non sound package the fronts right under the windshield are tweeters? or normal speakers.
Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Droganto

MannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really nice
I will guess they r the same as the full pacakge. just cheap brand. I don't think they r tweeters
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
the grilles on the dash have tweeters in them, mine is non RF.....
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Droganto

Do you have a used car? Cause as far as I know people that owns the 4G with non RF package the have the same speakers, the differnece is that package I think Mitsu installed Pioneer and the non RF has something else, but tweeter I really dont think so.

Now maybe on 2007 they change, cause I see u have an 07, but is it new?

Follow us Facebook
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

mine, I bought new....without the RF system, the speakers that came out of the doors and rear were no name looking things compeletly unlabeled, but the grilles on the dash have little tweeters in there, they work.......I replaced mine with some better ones......but I also installed 4 other tweeters when I installed my component speakers.......I can post some pics of the speakers that came out......
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Droganto

Then I will assume that Mitsu did some changes on the 07. Thats fine I beleive you. Now I know they did more accesories changes than anything else.

Follow us Facebook
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

here you go.....the stock speakers.....turns out my teenager swiped the tweeters and tore them up........

and here is the list of audio options from the 07 book.....yes, I still have the book.......

Old May 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

adam_schell2239 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know how to get to the speakers under the dash? I have an 08 spyder and the front right one sounds like its loose or blown and want to check it. Can I just pry the grille off or do I need to remove the side pillar? Also, how do you access the sub area? I think that might be blown too since it sounds odd?
adam_schell2239 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Jason
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
SmthngWcked is on a distinguished road
adam: there's a thread somewhere that mentions how to remove the dash speakers. from what I remember the grills are just clipped onto the dash, so a straight edge to lift the grill off and you should have access to the speaker
SmthngWcked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

ya a straight edge will pop them right out, be careful tho, you can scratch the #%$^ out of the dash...

Tags
speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.