Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Bleeding the Clutch

13K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  HAHA NO 
#1 ·
I need to know is there a specific procedure to bleed our clutch or is it a typical hydraulic clutch bleed out. What is the proper steps in doing it? I just replaced my tranny and it starts but no clutch pressure, so i can't shift into gears. Can anyone shed light onto this.

Thanks

#2 ·
Did you bleed your clutch at all?

It's just like bleeding brakes, but you hit the clutch instead. It's not hard, just make sure you keep up on the fluid, and I put a hose over the nipple so that I don't get any brake fluid everywhere.

#4 ·
The clutch and the brakes run off the same reservoir.

Yea it will feel like it doesn't have any pressure on it, but you still have to pump it until it has pressure. The bleeding nipple is on the front of the trasmission, right in front of your radiator fans.

If you want to make it really really easy, do what I did. Go to Advanced Auto Parts and rent a Vacuum brake bleeder. It makes it 100 times less messy, and all you do is pump and it sucks all the air out, It is really easy to suck all your fulid out, so make sure you watch the level. And the good part is that it is free to use, you get all your money back when you take it back.

#11 ·
damn that sucks, my asshole co worker put my trans back in when i did the clutch while i was away as a favor so id have my car back when i returned....he didnt fill it up with gear oil and by the time i figured it out it was too late i burned up my bearings and didnt have 4th and 5th gear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.