Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
7K views 68 replies 17 participants last post by  07clipse 
#1 ·
Just got my header. Any body got a write up for the install? Ive been told It will be within my noob skills but i still need to know what i have to to to install it?
Is it just the straight forward take off the old one and put on the new one? do i need any new bolts other than the stock ones?
I did do a search and didnt find the answers to any of these questions.
Help a nub out??

#4 ·
simple ass hell, just rent o2 remover from a autozone, or whatever you have.

#6 ·
I would never bump a quesiton thread so quickly but i want to install these things soon so i still have two quesitons. How did you guys remove the o2 sensors and how long did the over all install take?

#7 ·
you get the sockets from a autostore, removing the sensors are easy if you have a breaker bar (like everything else).

#8 ·
yeah i hear you on about that. That breaker bar made installing the pulley so much easier. Will it fit in there though? and need a socked from autozone?

#10 ·
yea autozone will do the set should come with three different type of removers. Also I used my friends rx-8 MIDPIPE for a breaker bar, so believe me you should be fine. I did not replace any gaskets Red.

#9 ·
thanx for the socket advice!

did any of you cowboys/girls replace gaskets?

Reactions: I-Eat-Hondas
#12 ·
Also some advice if your using a cheap 10$ ratchet+socket kit like i was don't be surprise if your ratchet starts to phail lol. Also when working on the bottom found removing the lower splash guards gave more room, also have a long socket 17 ready.

Reactions: redstar666
#13 · (Edited)
Soak those 02 sensors with some PB Blaster they will come out alot easier.

#14 ·
^thanx Dave, ima let soak the night before i attempt

#19 ·
install went well thanks guys
advice to people doing this have on hand,
A breaker bar for sure that made everything easier,
a can of wd 40 for the same reason,
a standard o2 sensor wrench, from autozone like 10 dollars well worth it to avoid breaking those things.
some electrical tape to cover all of the o2 plugs when you take them out just in case.
a 17mm rachet,
a 14 mm rachet i think cant remember that for sure
a car to take you to lowes when you realizes you need some new bolts to connect the header to the down pipe :facepalm:
and some gasket sealer so your car doesnt start bleading exhaust through the front :facepalm::facepalm:
and about 2-4 hours if you a distracted car nub like me!

Reactions: redstar666
#20 ·
oh and as for the results, I havent had much time with it. Im on some heavy painkillers :ndance: due to a surgery so i cant drive but i had someone else drive it and i liked what i heard. The car sounds mean with my set up, the header, F5 intake, and RRE magnaflow axelback. Doesnt sound ricetastic which i am really pleased with. If anything it sounds deaper and and nastier than before. I also ran my car open header just at idle half way through the install. That i wouldnt sudgest hahahaha. It sounded like a v8 to me but also so ricy and loud that i couldnt take it seriously. I may post a sound clip up in a couple weeks, and power results via dynolicious in a couple days.
:wiggle:

#23 ·
well idk how many of you are still readin this but i got to take my car out it was a bit rainy but i got some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls and I am extremely happy with the results. This was the first mod i installed that registers on my butt dyno. as promised dynolicious numbers to come for tommorow!
:woohoo:

#26 ·
alright i did several pulls today on the way to and from school. For some reason hp isnt working to hot but if i take the average it seems to be telling me im running about 200 which seems right with my modlist. 0-60 was more consistant. The sprint now happens in about 7.2-7.4!! That i am ok with. :ndance:

#30 ·
So im going to attempt to install mine tonight i have 4 spacers from the RRE sight and i going to go get the socket for the o2 sensors after school and i was told i will need a half inch long bolts that the stock bolts on the intake manifold that true? and what are the other bolts that i will need for the down pipe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.