Dual exhaust for GS - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 GS
AED55 is on a distinguished road
Dual exhaust for GS

I really like the look of cars with dual exhaust pipes that exit through each side of the bumper, and was toying with the idea of trying this on my 06 GS.

I assume I would have to find an after market bumper with dual openings and then have a muffler shop fabricate some kind of split type setup to make it work. It's mainly for looks, if I get any extra performance from it, that's all the better.

Feel free to give advice on how to accomplish it, or if you think it's a jackass idea, I welcome those opinions also.
AED55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
All about the bass.

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/SE
Still a Saint is on a distinguished road
I think it would look sweet. but if your going for simplicity and within normal people price range (like me ) then i would just buy a axle back exhaust. Will prolly give same power boost and sound just as nice. But i do like the idea of the dual exhaust look!! Post pics if you end up doing this!
Still a Saint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
People suck...

Vehicle: 04 Silverado
Cheez will become famous soon enough
This is just my opinion but i've always hated the sound of 4 cylinder with dual exhaust. I mean there are some out there that may have a pleasant "tone" but maybe I'm jsut used to hearing a v8. But they do add a more symmetrical look to the car.

Old February 21st, 2010, 04:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Baker.

Vehicle: 2011 Maxima 3.5
07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of
my suggestion is to get an 09 GT rear bumper. all the aftermarket bumpers for our car with duals just look too ricy IMO. this is my GS with the stock GT bumper and duals.

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
cnofzz will become famous soon enough
OT ^^^ what have you dynoed? you have a very similar set up to what i want to have once i am finished modding and i would be curious to know what your putin down just as a benchmark
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07satinGS View Post
my suggestion is to get an 09 GT rear bumper. all the after market bumpers for our car with duals just look too ricy IMO. this is my GS with the stock GT bumper and duals.
Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I rarely see any GT's around here and never noticed they have a dual rear exhaust. You are right about the after market ones, they don't look near as good as the stock version. Where did you get yours, and how much did it cost?
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
This is just my opinion but i've always hated the sound of 4 cylinder with dual exhaust. I mean there are some out there that may have a pleasant "tone" but maybe I'm jsut used to hearing a v8. But they do add a more symmetrical look to the car.
My dad has a 2010 Altima, with a 2.5L and duals, and it doesn't sound much different from my stock GS, when you get on it. Of course the type of muffler and exhaust piping can make a lot of difference in how duals sound with any given 4 cylinder. And of course everyone has their own idea of what sounds good or bad when it comes to exhausts. However, you are right, It would be a good idea for me to hear one before I take the plunge.
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
iLay Pipe

Name: Sporty's Biological Father
Vehicle: 1918 Packard
ryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond repute
It all depends on your setup/mods. You can throw a y-pipe with a glasspack and itll sound pretty good.

If you have the stock fender gap DONT TALK TO ME.
ryanastyG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Baker.

Vehicle: 2011 Maxima 3.5
07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AED55 View Post
Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I rarely see any GT's around here and never noticed they have a dual rear exhaust. You are right about the after market ones, they don't look near as good as the stock version. Where did you get yours, and how much did it cost?
had my local paint shop order one from Mitsubishi cost about 200 bux.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
my suggestion is to get an 09 GT rear bumper. all the aftermarket bumpers for our car with duals just look too ricy IMO. this is my GS with the stock GT bumper and duals.
Was wondering how the piping is setup. I am assuming I could have a muffler shop hook the whole thing up for me. You wouldn't happen to have a sound clip of your mod. It would be very helpful in making a decision.
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
<( -.-<) (>-.- )>

Name: Juan
Vehicle: 2009 GS 5speed
ThE JaIMsTa is a jewel in the roughThE JaIMsTa is a jewel in the rough
I was also debating the duals and one way to achieve this would be to purchase a hi flow muffler at a local parts store and attach it right after the cat followed by a y-pipe and then run the pipes through the factory route just on opposite sides, keep in mind that I'm no expert and I have no conclusive results on the gains or sound outcome, just presenting ideas to those who are on the same path as mine with well a definite budget.

We are the GS, Vroom Vroom Bitches
ThE JaIMsTa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the best option for this would be to buy a muffler like the sti's that mounts sideways and has the two tips that come out of it

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: James Alphadawg Jones
Vehicle: 2007 eclipse spyder gs
229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light
i would love to see the dual exhaust set up from underneath the car
229boss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
RRE dual axle back for $420.

Road Race Engineering's 4G Eclipse Parts and Performance
Old October 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6; AP1 s2000
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 229boss View Post
i would love to see the dual exhaust set up from underneath the car
+1

Who's selling their 4G next
Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
trevroar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: James Alphadawg Jones
Vehicle: 2007 eclipse spyder gs
229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

what 2 mufflers do u have for the dual exhaust set up?
229boss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bumper, cars, dual, exhaust, how to, muffler, performance, setup, shop, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.