RRE Header Install - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
cnofzz will become famous soon enough
RRE Header Install

Just got my header. Any body got a write up for the install? Ive been told It will be within my noob skills but i still need to know what i have to to to install it?
Is it just the straight forward take off the old one and put on the new one? do i need any new bolts other than the stock ones?
I did do a search and didnt find the answers to any of these questions.
Help a nub out??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
jvu
Cocknozzle

Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GT-P
jvu is just really nicejvu is just really nicejvu is just really nice
yeah, straight forward. take out the old one and put in the new one. not hard at all, unless your weak as fuck and can't take the bolts off, then use a cheater bar for moree leverage.
jvu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Georgey1 has a spectacular aura about
The only hard part was removing the o2 sensors.
Georgey1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
simple ass hell, just rent o2 remover from a autozone, or whatever you have.
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

02 remover that a wrench? how long should it take?
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would never bump a quesiton thread so quickly but i want to install these things soon so i still have two quesitons. How did you guys remove the o2 sensors and how long did the over all install take?
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
you get the sockets from a autostore, removing the sensors are easy if you have a breaker bar (like everything else).
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah i hear you on about that. That breaker bar made installing the pulley so much easier. Will it fit in there though? and need a socked from autozone?
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
subtechnician(eat fresh!)

Name: Nima
Vehicle: 07/gs
redstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to all
thanx for the socket advice!

did any of you cowboys/girls replace gaskets?
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofzz View Post
yeah i hear you on about that. That breaker bar made installing the pulley so much easier. Will it fit in there though? and need a socked from autozone?
yea autozone will do the set should come with three different type of removers. Also I used my friends rx-8 MIDPIPE for a breaker bar, so believe me you should be fine. I did not replace any gaskets Red.
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

redstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to allredstar666 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballfade View Post
yea autozone will do the set should come with three different type of removers. Also I used my friends rx-8 MIDPIPE for a breaker bar, so believe me you should be fine. I did not replace any gaskets Red.
haha Ballfade, your words are those of motivation. i can't wait to take the plunge with this thing. gl to cnofzz with this install
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Also some advice if your using a cheap 10$ ratchet+socket kit like i was don't be surprise if your ratchet starts to phail lol. Also when working on the bottom found removing the lower splash guards gave more room, also have a long socket 17 ready.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Turbo GS

Name: David
Vehicle: 06-GST
meDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of light
Soak those 02 sensors with some PB Blaster they will come out alot easier.
Performance: Air Research T3/T4 Turbo w/STR cast iron manifold, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost EBC, 3.0" Turbo to Axle Exhaust w/ 2.0" Dual Outlets, Ported Intake Manifold with GT TB Swap, Ralco RZ Short Shifter, RPW Thermal Spacer Kit
Suspension: Evo Brembo Swap, Cusco Strut Tower Bar, BC BR Coilovers, Progress Rear Swaybar, 4G Rear Body Brace Bar, Wavetrac LSD

Last edited by meDave; March 27th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
meDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

^thanx Dave, ima let soak the night before i attempt
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
4G69er

Name: Daniel
Location: Where the only team in the NFL that had a perfect season resides...
Vehicle: CS7A
Lanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of light
Rx8 breaker bar lol that's a good sales gimick
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
ahaha keith sent me a picture of the breaker bar
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Post it alboe! Also read joo text!
Old March 28th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
Ultracorp is on a distinguished road
Anyone know the torque specs for the bolts?
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

install went well thanks guys
advice to people doing this have on hand,
A breaker bar for sure that made everything easier,
a can of wd 40 for the same reason,
a standard o2 sensor wrench, from autozone like 10 dollars well worth it to avoid breaking those things.
some electrical tape to cover all of the o2 plugs when you take them out just in case.
a 17mm rachet,
a 14 mm rachet i think cant remember that for sure
a car to take you to lowes when you realizes you need some new bolts to connect the header to the down pipe
and some gasket sealer so your car doesnt start bleading exhaust through the front
and about 2-4 hours if you a distracted car nub like me!
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

oh and as for the results, I havent had much time with it. Im on some heavy painkillers due to a surgery so i cant drive but i had someone else drive it and i liked what i heard. The car sounds mean with my set up, the header, F5 intake, and RRE magnaflow axelback. Doesnt sound ricetastic which i am really pleased with. If anything it sounds deaper and and nastier than before. I also ran my car open header just at idle half way through the install. That i wouldnt sudgest hahahaha. It sounded like a v8 to me but also so ricy and loud that i couldnt take it seriously. I may post a sound clip up in a couple weeks, and power results via dynolicious in a couple days.
Old March 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

O yes i forgot, will need extra bolts!
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracorp View Post
Anyone know the torque specs for the bolts?
http://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/2006...0004600-15.pdf
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

well idk how many of you are still readin this but i got to take my car out it was a bit rainy but i got some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls and I am extremely happy with the results. This was the first mod i installed that registers on my butt dyno. as promised dynolicious numbers to come for tommorow!
Old March 28th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Sweet!
Old March 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Old March 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

alright i did several pulls today on the way to and from school. For some reason hp isnt working to hot but if i take the average it seems to be telling me im running about 200 which seems right with my modlist. 0-60 was more consistant. The sprint now happens in about 7.2-7.4!! That i am ok with.
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

Name: INDIAN
Vehicle: 2006 ECLIPSE GS
4GPRINCE is on a distinguished road
O2 Sensors are a pain in the ass to remove
4GPRINCE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

not if you have the socket to remove them. good use of 10$ right there
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofzz View Post
not if you have the socket to remove them. good use of 10$ right there
, also lmao of the in car dyno.
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/GS/silver
Hessy18 will become famous soon enough
So im going to attempt to install mine tonight i have 4 spacers from the RRE sight and i going to go get the socket for the o2 sensors after school and i was told i will need a half inch long bolts that the stock bolts on the intake manifold that true? and what are the other bolts that i will need for the down pipe?
Hessy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

you only need 2 spacers though , also all the info you should need right here
Old April 18th, 2010, 05:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

Name: George
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
pilotgeorge747 will become famous soon enough
Could you post a sound clip of the car? I'm interested in hearing it with the axleback instead of all the videos of header/intake/catback on here.
2007 GS Auto - 35/20% Tint - RRE Underdrive Pulley - Throttle Body Bypass - Aftermarket Stereo - LED interior and reverse lights - Energy Suspension Bushings - Progress Rear Sway Bar - RTP Steel Brake Lines - Projectors w/ Eyelids w/ 6000K HIDs - RRE Header - RRE Axleback - Tenzo R Springs - GT TB Swap - Tanabe Underbrace - General Exclaim 17s - Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads with Slotted Rotors - GT Rear Brake Swap - Sporty's Custom SRI -
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #33 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008/eclipse/gs
ufc55 is on a distinguished road
it sounds real loud still
ufc55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #34 (permalink)

Name: George
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
pilotgeorge747 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufc55 View Post
it sounds real loud still

I know it's going to be loud but I'm just wondering how the headers sound with an axleback vs catback. He said it sounds deeper and not ricey. I've heard a few header/intake/catback clips and they just sound ricey at high rev.
2007 GS Auto - 35/20% Tint - RRE Underdrive Pulley - Throttle Body Bypass - Aftermarket Stereo - LED interior and reverse lights - Energy Suspension Bushings - Progress Rear Sway Bar - RTP Steel Brake Lines - Projectors w/ Eyelids w/ 6000K HIDs - RRE Header - RRE Axleback - Tenzo R Springs - GT TB Swap - Tanabe Underbrace - General Exclaim 17s - Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads with Slotted Rotors - GT Rear Brake Swap - Sporty's Custom SRI -
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #35 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotgeorge747 View Post
I know it's going to be loud but I'm just wondering how the headers sound with an axleback vs catback. He said it sounds deeper and not ricey. I've heard a few header/intake/catback clips and they just sound ricey at high rev.
for sure. that's why I'm about a full cat-back w/ at least 2.5" pipe if not 3" all the way back - deep, throaty growl. mean as fuck.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #36 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/GS/silver
Hessy18 will become famous soon enough
alright i got mine installed and no light came on but 2 days later my service engine light came on.. that have anything to do with my new header?
Hessy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
probably - did you put in the o2 spacers? can you check for codes? post if so

edit:
man the more I hear the more I think that those spacers aren't as good as doing the spark plug defouler thing - i think the defoulers have a smaller hole and that seems to make the difference - I am speculating though, but the RIPP spacers I was sent have a much larger hole for the o2 sensor to absorb exhaust or whatever

Last edited by joeyb; April 19th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

[QUOTE=the spark plug defouler thing [/QUOTE]
perhaps an elaboration could be provided? i will look into it also
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ok figured most you guys mostly knew about this - but here it is:

INSTEAD of using spacers from RRE or RIPP or anywhere - use 'spark plug defoulers' I had never even heard of them but they knew exactly what I was asking for at autozone.

Need: 1/2" Drill Bit
Drill
X4 18mm Spark plug defoulers
wrench for o2 sensors
*vice recommended to hold pieces for drilling

Make sure you have cleared your 'service engine soon' light. You can always disconnect the bat to do this if you don't have a code reader.

1) Drill out 2 of the defoulers w/ the 1/2 in drill bit. (probably want to use a vice to hold it - this enlarges the hole so the o2 sensor can fit through it)
2) Screw each of the drilled out ones into one of the remaining non-drilled out ones. so you have one screwed into the other - they will look kind of like the spacers...
3) Take out your o2 sensors from your pipe (remove from old spacers if you have them)
4) CLEAN them off w/ a dry rag - remove fuel residue from sensor face
5) Screw in o2 sensors into the new 'spacers' you have created w/ the defoulers
6) re-attache to your pipe.

The smaller hole on the defoulers (big enough for a spark plug tip) seems to let in just the right amount of air. but the post I saw this on (some 3g one) said it doesn't work for EVERYONE but 90%....

hope this helps, fellas. I haven't seen code one from my o2 sensors since - and my problem was BAD before I did this - the light just came on ALL the time, every 50 miles no matter how much I cleared it. I am probably running rich most of the time though

Last edited by joeyb; April 19th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #40 (permalink)

damn yo. e-rep for this

Tags
body, bolts, header, install, questions, rre, skills, stock, straight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.