2.4 to 3.8 swap - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Name: Rob
Vehicle: 2010 chevy camaro
eclipse628 is a glorious beacon of lighteclipse628 is a glorious beacon of lighteclipse628 is a glorious beacon of lighteclipse628 is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation 2.4 to 3.8 swap

not sure if any of you saw my thread about trading my eclipse is because im not happy with the fact that its a GS. well i dont wanna trade it in because its not fully paid off yet and i dont wanna go turbo or s/c. what i do wanna do is swap a 3.8 into it.. my cousin owns a shop and i work for him, so i have access to the lifts/tools/engine lift and a great mechanic who would help me. the thing is.. i can not find a used 3.8 engine anywere.. does anyone have a idea?

this isnt just another "engine swap" thread, im very serious about this if i can find a engine for the right price i would like to learn what i would need to do the swap. i have people who are good with this stuff and are willing to help me, but i would like to help also..

also can i use the GS automatic 4 speed tranny on the V6? (im not that good with mechanincs, i can only do basics. (body work is my talent)

Last edited by eclipse628; June 8th, 2010 at 01:29 AM.
eclipse628 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

eclipse628 is a glorious beacon of lighteclipse628 is a glorious beacon of lighteclipse628 is a glorious beacon of lighteclipse628 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by haladafs View Post
to much work, trade would be the way, you would need new everything not just engine
to much work isnt a problem, i got time, tools, lifts, people to help and a place to keep the car.

i also have another car to use in the meantime.

Last edited by eclipse628; June 8th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Klutch Killer

acer is a jewel in the roughacer is a jewel in the rough
if your willing to do an engine swap.. why wouldnt you swap for a 2jz, etc?? 3.8 wont be a direct swap anyway..

.....one day....
acer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Baker.

Vehicle: 2011 Maxima 3.5
07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of07satinGS has much to be proud of
your gonna need engine, tranny, ecu, wire harness, axels, mounts, and those are just the main things. no telling what other things/problems you'll run into.
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Jesse Sepulveda
Vehicle: 06 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
allstarflash is just really niceallstarflash is just really niceallstarflash is just really nice
here is the link!! its a bunch of 3.8

3.8 engine items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, Engines Components items on eBay.com!
|AEM modified CAI|K&N Filter|HKS 2.5 headerback exahust|Ingalls stiffy|Eibach sportline springs| Modified Bronze clutch|Outlaw Engineering spacers|TB Bypass|sRalliart eyelids|Ralliart spoiler|Rota P45R front17X9 +25 and 18X9.5 +30 rear|
allstarflash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
cnofzz will become famous soon enough
come on guys stop flaming him. This guys already dropped quite a bit of money into his car and is clearly pretty serious about this. As for your questions.. If I was going to swap I would do this.
Find an eclipse gt 5sp auto that was rammed from behind and totalled. Part out its engine bay and use its electronic + engine + tranny to do the swap.

Here is why. I have a sneaky suspicion that the gs tranny and the gt engine wont hook up. and dropping one with a tranny hooked up to it allready would not only be easier but would provide you with another gear. Also we know that the gs cpu can run the Gt tb but that is as far as our swapping ability goes.

Now, I like the other guys wouldnt recommend doing this. I havent been on here much for awhile but Im pretty sure there are some great turbo kits for sale that will cost just a tad more than this swap.
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ok I'm getting serious guys. I don't want to see anymore flaming in this thread or I'll start laying down infractions... and I really don't want to do that.

He is serious about doing an engine swap, so lets help him the best we can.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofzz View Post
come on guys stop flaming him. This guys already dropped quite a bit of money into his car and is clearly pretty serious about this. As for your questions.. If I was going to swap I would do this.
Find an eclipse gt 5sp auto that was rammed from behind and totalled. Part out its engine bay and use its electronic + engine + tranny to do the swap.

Here is why. I have a sneaky suspicion that the gs tranny and the gt engine wont hook up. and dropping one with a tranny hooked up to it allready would not only be easier but would provide you with another gear. Also we know that the gs cpu can run the Gt tb but that is as far as our swapping ability goes.

Now, I like the other guys wouldnt recommend doing this. I havent been on here much for awhile but Im pretty sure there are some great turbo kits for sale that will cost just a tad more than this swap.

Now this guy took the words right out of my mouth. If your looking to do a engine swap this is what you need to do. So you have everything right at your finger tips.

Old June 8th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
if your willing to do an engine swap.. why wouldnt you swap for a 2jz, etc?? 3.8 wont be a direct swap anyway..
This right here is actually a good question also. If your going to swap in a different engine have you thought about maybe a 2jz and make the car RWD?

Old June 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Name: Dane
Vehicle: '07 GT, Ultra Red
Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
i bought a 3.8 mivec from a junkyard....cost me a bathroom remodel, or about 500 bucks....junkyard is the place to be looking, and you'll need pretty much everything in the front clip, more than just drive train and electronics, you'll need the suspension and radiator and coolers, it's all different....just cut the car off at the dashboard and take it home....
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

i guess the flaming post were deleted because i dont see them.. haha.. its all good though, i knew i was gonna get flamed because so many people prob talked about doing this and didnt do it.. i wanna do it but if its not gonna be worth it then i can understand and i wont do it.. but if it is worth it and the cost would be fair then im all with it.. i just need to find a totaled GT with rear damage or a good price on a engine and all the other goodies i would need.

hmm.. so in a nut shell im gonna need..

tranny
comp
mounts
wire harness

why would i need to swap the axles? are they different? not strong enough?
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
This right here is actually a good question also. If your going to swap in a different engine have you thought about maybe a 2jz and make the car RWD?
that would be cool.. but wont that be more work and money then putting the 3.8 into it and keeping it front wheel drive?
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
that would be a shit ton of money wat about a 2nd gen turboed motor? wat is it a 4g63
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
Look bottem line you can spend a lot of money swapping the 6G75 and only be a stock GT. Imo, honestly build the 4cyl with internals and 10-12psi and kill GTs every day. Now that being said best to find a full front clip and buy that and swap part by part. Without comparing the two cars I would say:

Engine (obviously)
Tranny
Computer
Tranny Computer
Subframe
Mounts
Harness
Custom Exhaust to match GT manifolds
Radiator (maybe?)
GT or AM suspension.
GT sway bars and knuckles( might be different)
Axles for sure hubs should be the same cause brakes are.
All paperwork becuase depending where you live the car might not pass inspection with a swapped motor that dosnt match the vin code.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
Also just thought of this I have no fucking clue exactly how the immobilizer function works mechanically but I'm sure that will become an issue for you I would imagine with the GT ecu you'd need the GTs keys
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Go Slow or Go Home

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 10

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 1980 Camaro Z28
rbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Also just thought of this I have no fucking clue exactly how the immobilizer function works mechanically but I'm sure that will become an issue for you I would imagine with the GT ecu you'd need the GTs keys
Yeah, thats why I say just buy a totalled GT that has a intact and running front end that way you have everything.
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk001 View Post
Yeah, thats why I say just buy a totalled GT that has a intact and running front end that way you have everything.
Agreed which is why I also suggested to just purchase a whole front clip but that still is a huge undertaking
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Klutch Killer

i think i asked a fair question..

if your willing to do an engine swap that isnt going to be a direct swap anyway, why are you going with the 6g75?

.....one day....
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

Quote:

if your willing to do an engine swap that isnt going to be a direct swap anyway, why are you going with the 6g75?
I agreed with you.

I think in the end the 6g75 will be easier to swap in the any other motor. But, like was said before, you now just a stock GT with a shit ton of money dropped in. If it was me I would spend that money to build the stock motor and turbo it. Or, do what myself, and Ian, are doing. Pay the car off and get a sick toy on the side and use the 4G for a DD.

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Klutch Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
I agreed with you.

I think in the end the 6g75 will be easier to swap in the any other motor. But, like was said before, you now just a stock GT with a shit ton of money dropped in. If it was me I would spend that money to build the stock motor and turbo it. Or, do what myself, and Ian, are doing. Pay the car off and get a sick toy on the side and use the 4G for a DD.
yeah not a wise choice for him to do it in my opinion for the reasons you said, but hey, to each his own. if your set on doing it 628, best of luck.

.....one day....
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

i would like to do a custom turbo my 2.4 but i have a automatic, can the tranny handle it? also i heard getting it tuned perfect will take time and i will have to keep up on it all the time..again this is what i heard.. turbo would work also because i know people who have skills with this.. unlike me.. haha

so my best bet would be to find a totaled GT that was hit in the rear and do the swap that way and whatever i dont use sell, along with my motor and tranny which only has 10k miles on it.

so using the GS 4 speed automatic tranny wont work?
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:

to be honest man, i dont know.. i guess in my head it would be the best choice.. haha
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Klutch Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse628 View Post
i would like to do a custom turbo my 2.4 but i have a automatic, can the tranny handle it? also i heard getting it tuned perfect will take time and i will have to keep up on it all the time..again this is what i heard.. turbo would work also because i know people who have skills with this.. unlike me.. haha

so my best bet would be to find a totaled GT that was hit in the rear and do the swap that way and whatever i dont use sell, along with my motor and tranny which only has 10k miles on it.

so using the GS 4 speed automatic tranny wont work?

bmshue would be the person to ask about automatic turbo. im turbo, but manual. but just from my understanding he doesnt have any issues.
as far as the tune, thats a little more iffy. there will never be a perfect tune imo for the 4g without stand alone or PROVEN reflash. BUT i went span of months without touching the tune with the fic; to be more specific, taking it to rre.
you have options my friend. theres a lot you can do. make a budget (time and money) to see what works for you. engine swap, turbo, sc, 4g69 motor build, spray, head work, etc!

.....one day....
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:
bmshue would be the person to ask about automatic turbo. im turbo, but manual. but just from my understanding he doesnt have any issues.
as far as the tune, thats a little more iffy. there will never be a perfect tune imo for the 4g without stand alone or PROVEN reflash. BUT i went span of months without touching the tune with the fic; to be more specific, taking it to rre.
you have options my friend. theres a lot you can do. make a budget (time and money) to see what works for you. engine swap, turbo, sc, 4g69 motor build, spray, head work, etc!
a friend of a friend who i did body work for said that he has a evo head and manifold that would work on the 2.4.. is this true?
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
yea dude... in the end... i think doing something unique instead would be a lot better... RWD it... do something that hasn't been done... it wont be easy and itll take awhile but shit man... do something different

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeker View Post
yea dude... in the end... i think doing something unique instead would be a lot better... RWD it... do something that hasn't been done... it wont be easy and itll take awhile but shit man... do something different
seems like alot of work and money to make it rwd..
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

Name: speedy gonzalez
Vehicle: 07 eclipse gs
El_Rey24 is a jewel in the roughEl_Rey24 is a jewel in the rough
just throw throw a turbo in it cuz its kinda true it dont make sense 2 make your car a 3.8 cuz it sounds like alot of work 2 make your car a regular gt
El_Rey24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: speedy gonzalez
Vehicle: 07 eclipse gs
El_Rey24 is a jewel in the roughEl_Rey24 is a jewel in the rough
shit if i could afford a turbo i would do it
El_Rey24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse628 View Post
seems like alot of work and money to make it rwd..
what youre saying is a lot of work and money to get a plain ol GT...

I got Mods.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:
what youre saying is a lot of work and money to get a plain ol GT...
haha to you its a plain ol GT.. but to me its a huge step up from a GS..
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
The thread killer...

^ lol good point

I got Mods.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

It does have 100 more horses, but is still limited just like the GS.

Old June 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
The thread killer...

only by money jeep... limited only by money

I got Mods.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Tournaments Won: 2

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
Cedric is a glorious beacon of lightCedric is a glorious beacon of lightCedric is a glorious beacon of lightCedric is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ That and we are still FWD
Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #35 (permalink)

Name: George
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
pilotgeorge747 will become famous soon enough
I think if the Auto tranny isnt able to handle the HP a turbo is gonna add (I really doubt it will handle very much) then it is probally easier to add the turbo and swap out the auto for a manual tranny. Because if you do the 3.8 swap you will need a new tranny anyway. I know this because a logn time ago I looked into swapping out my 4SP Auto for the GT 5SP Auto and told they wouldnt fit. Its easier to swap one thing then multiple. Just my thoughts.
2007 GS Auto - 35/20% Tint - RRE Underdrive Pulley - Throttle Body Bypass - Aftermarket Stereo - LED interior and reverse lights - Energy Suspension Bushings - Progress Rear Sway Bar - RTP Steel Brake Lines - Projectors w/ Eyelids w/ 6000K HIDs - RRE Header - RRE Axleback - Tenzo R Springs - GT TB Swap - Tanabe Underbrace - General Exclaim 17s - Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads with Slotted Rotors - GT Rear Brake Swap - Sporty's Custom SRI -
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #36 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
cnofzz will become famous soon enough
I think there is a question you should ask your self. How much money am I willing to put into this? This swap could go anywhere from 1500 to 5000 thats a very inprecise number but your not going to get it any more precise because no one has ever tried this swap before before.

Now that question has two basic answers.

1. I am ok with putting 4000+ into my car.

Well then. Imo Go Supercharged. I know ripp seems shady to alot of people on this forum because of their tuning issues, but you could by the tuning package and a pnp aem fic for the same cost as the full kit and if your buddy has the skills to do an engine swap he can sure as hell install a blower. Lastly this route would undoubtably have the uniqueness factor you are looking for I know of only one other person who has the sc for a gs.

2. I am not ok with putting 4000+ in my car.

That is tottally ok alot of us on here arent. My advice then would be to start going all motor. This route is totally unique no one has ever built a full all motor gs. It would cost alot in the long run but it could provide you with the horse power you need. Doing things this way would mean putting a little money in at a time over a long period of time which might make it more doable for you. Your shopping list could include: The rre header, gt tb, Out laws gs spacer kit, and upgrade from your short ram to a full cai, higher comp pistons, reflash/aem fic whichever floats your boat, ported and polished manafold <- your buddy may be able to get you a deal on that (its just labor), oversized valves +1 mm, etc. All of that could could give you the same hp as a gt, maybe more.

Last edited by cnofzz; June 9th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
cnofzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

Quote:
only by money jeep... limited only by money
As Cedric said, It's not the money we are limited on. It's being FWD. Yes you could dump even more money and make it AWD or RWD, but is it really worth it when they're so many other cars out there that fit the bill much better?

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofzz View Post
I think there is a question you should ask your self. How much money am I willing to put into this? This swap could go anywhere from 1500 to 5000 thats a very inprecise number but your not going to get it any more precise because no one has ever tried this swap before before.

Now that question has two basic answers.

1. I am ok with putting 4000+ into my car.

Well then. Imo Go Supercharged. I know ripp seems shady to alot of people on this forum because of their tuning issues, but you could by the tuning package and a pnp aem fic for the same cost as the full kit and if your buddy has the skills to do an engine swap he can sure as hell install a blower. Lastly this route would undoubtably have the uniqueness factor you are looking for I know of only one other person who has the sc for a gs.

2. I am not ok with putting 4000+ in my car.

That is tottally ok alot of us on here arent. My advice then would be to start going all motor. This route is totally unique no one has ever built a full all motor gs. It would cost alot in the long run but it could provide you with the horse power you need. Doing things this way would mean putting a little money in at a time over a long period of time which might make it more doable for you. Your shopping list could include: The rre header, gt tb, Out laws gs spacer kit, and upgrade from your short ram to a full cai, higher comp pistons, reflash/aem fic whichever floats your boat, ported and polished manafold <- your buddy may be able to get you a deal on that (its just labor), oversized valves +1 mm, etc. All of that could could give you the same hp as a gt, maybe more.
rre header $400 plus

used GT TB $150 maybe more

as for a CAI.. ill hold off on that. i can use my SRI.

as for the rest of the goodies, what am i looking at price wise? and where would i look for the stuff? and is this all worth it with a automatic? like i said labor isnt gonna happen, all this stuff that i cant put in my buddys will help me on..

and if i do all the listed above, am i really gonna be even HP wise with a GT? and can my motor handle it without future issues?

sorry for all the questions.. im still learning.. haha

Last edited by eclipse628; June 9th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Name: Dane
Vehicle: '07 GT, Ultra Red
Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
heres the engine alone....short block only 4,499.00 http://www.everdrive.com/partdetails...px?sku=5004605

tranny MT 3299.99 http://www.everdrive.com/skus/BA/404...ansmission.htm

tranny AT 2999.99 http://www.everdrive.com/skus/BA/404...ansmission.htm

anyone wanna take a shot at costs to dress those?....I'm gonna guess fully dressed is gonna put it at another extra 3000.00 after harness ecu alternator, mounts, axles.......

Last edited by Danester; June 9th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Danester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Autobody and Paint dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danester View Post
heres the engine alone....short block only 4,499.00 EverDrive Guaranteed Used Auto Parts

tranny MT 3299.99 2006 USED MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE - TRANSMISSION ? EVERDRIVE GUARANTEED USED AUTO PARTS

tranny AT 2999.99 2006 USED MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE - TRANSMISSION ? EVERDRIVE GUARANTEED USED AUTO PARTS

anyone wanna take a shot at costs to dress those?....I'm gonna guess fully dressed is gonna put it at another extra 3000.00 after harness ecu alternator, mounts, axles.......
damn those prices are high..

Tags
2.4, automatic, body, body work, eclipse, engine, good, s/c, shop, speed, stuff, swap, tranny, turbo, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.