Door Speakers - Replace - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 GS Blk
emagdnim is on a distinguished road
Door Speakers - Replace

Hey guys, this may seem a bit dumb but my drivers side door speaker blew out and I'm trying to replace it. I took the pannel off this morning to see that (yet again) the speaker is mounted directly into a plastic bracket that bolts onto another plastic bracket. Do I have to get a replacement directly from the factory, cuz I can't find anything on the internet about ordering another speaker cluster.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
emagdnim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 2007/GT/MT
sample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nice
i would assume you can unscrew just the speaker and replace it with one of similar size. Maybe someone who's done it can jump in on this. Crutchfield.com is good for picking speakers of the right size.
RRE Headers, Progress Springs, Injen CAI, Isotta Pedals, Poly Front Motor Mount, Tanabe Axle, back, TB Bypass, Rear Windshield Washer Delete, Rear Seat Delete, DRL Delete, Glowshift Gauge Pod, 6000K HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors Lowest timed run 13.984 @ 102.17mph My Garage Indycarz.com Admin
sample07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Shane
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/Gs
haladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to behold
bro its under warranty, dont even bother just take it in for free, ive gotten at least 4 changed out
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
crutchfield lies. you have 6x9s in the door. if yours blew out id suggest upgrading. well worth it. and yes. speakers just un screw and plug your wires into the harness. tape them and your good to go. trust me

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
4g waaat you on fire for

Name: Gary
Vehicle: 06/Eclipse/GT
McClipseGT is a glorious beacon of lightMcClipseGT is a glorious beacon of lightMcClipseGT is a glorious beacon of lightMcClipseGT is a glorious beacon of light
The rf is 6 1/2 and if you order it from crucified the will send you the 6x9 brackets for the 6 1/2 speakers to fit. If not under warranty and you don't order from crutchfield just take the old speaker and dremel it out and use that for a bracket.
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cheap beer & Fast cars

Name: Jon
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse Gt 6spd.
foxrider20 will become famous soon enough
Just put in aftermarket way better than factory for sure...
foxrider20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Speed Fanatic

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2003 350z Touring
09EclipseGT will become famous soon enough
I have the RF system, and today I replaced my stock door speakers with Kicker KS690 Speakers (6x9). It sounds unbelievably better. Go Aftermarket.
09EclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Black Irish

Name: Ross
Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gs
muscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to all
Ha after market generally is always better then oem
muscles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

tr1kst4nce is on a distinguished road
Rockford Fosgate is not what they use to be... at all. I'd go with Crutchfield and select some aftermarket speakers to run. They usually include all the accessories you need for free, like the bracket, wiring harness, etc. I recommend Boston Acoustics. Double the warranty and they are made with better materials.

Just make sure you get speakers that have an RMS comparable to the stock amp. Otherwise the speakers will sound like crap and you'll blow them eventually also by under powering them. You may even want to get a new head unit. But that's alot to just replace one speaker.

If you just wanna swap out the speakers and keep the stock radio... I'd go with these... Boston Acoustics S65RC 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

35w RMS so that should go nicely with the stock setup.
tr1kst4nce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Me
Vehicle: 07/Eclipse/GS
KissMyJs is on a distinguished road
Door Speakers

I'm going through the same thing.. I don't even know how to remove the door panel to even see the size of the door speaker so I can get it replaced.
KissMyJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
definately upgrade. even if u have rockford and upgrade is worth it

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Name: 370z's are pieces of lateral shit
Vehicle: 2012 nissan frontier v6
snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
the reason why the rockford door speakers sound like shit is because of the oem hu.put a nice aftermarket hu on them and they will sound 100% better.mine are running off of my alpine 9887 with a 3 band cross over,a 5 band parametric eq,or if i choose,the 7 band eq.the factory hu is hard on door speakers because you cant fine tune it.

this is the reason why people are blowing the door speakers.and unless you're going to amp the door speakers,then a top of the line hu will do.ive had just my door speakers bumpin before and i was vibratin shit in my garage lol.with my aa havoc 12,i dont need the door speakers for bass even though they do put out.and i have the plastic cone door speakers ftw.

edit:and im talking about the front door speakers.the rear ones suck no matter what.when you are running a sub in the rear,the rear doors speakers will cancel out some bass as long as you're not listening to a heavy bass track.the only time i fade in my rears is when the bass starts to overcome the fronts

Last edited by snakeeyes; April 24th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
snakeeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Upgrade to a 6x9... If you get another factory on its just going to blow in a year stick with like alpine or kicker you will be very happy

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Me
Vehicle: 07/Eclipse/GS
KissMyJs is on a distinguished road
I'm in the process of replacing the front door and rear speakers. Might as well do them all at once... Im use to 2 12" kickers in the trunk so Rockford Fosgate has to go.
KissMyJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
The "Touring" Eclipse

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse SE
HOMESLICE is a jewel in the roughHOMESLICE is a jewel in the rough
in my opinion I would buy component speakers that include a crossover and tweeters and replace the 4 front speakers instead of the 6x9's. sure you might get a little more bass out of them, but the clarity in the 6.5 components (if you have RF, or brackets) will be sex

it really comes down to personal preference.

I read a test that showed oval speakers (6x9) typically have a shorter lifespan than a 6.5. you also have more choices with 6.5

I would also dynamat (or similar product) your door panels while you are in there. that will help greatly improve the acoustics in the car and make those speakers sound 10-30% better
Modifications: Injen 3" SES Exhaust, Injen CAI, Tanabe Upper/Lower Strut Bars, TWM STS & Shift Knob, Ingalls Torque Damper, Outlaw IM/TB Spacers/TB Bypass, Eibach springs and Sway Bars front and rear, Ichiba Wheel Spacers, Ralliart Eyelids, Tint
6 and above is true love, 5 and below they'll never know
HOMESLICE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bolts, bracket, door, drivers, factory, speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.