underdrive pulley replacement belt - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
how long is it mike?

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #42 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang
choppertwo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
how long is it mike?
Haven't measured it, it was a direct replacement for the gates belt, number K060722, they had 2 belts, this one costs more,but you can tell it's heavy duty, if you need me to measure it, I will, but i'll have to get a buddy over here to hold onto it so I can give you a correct measuement --- CHOP
choppertwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
No Worries

tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
nah ur fine man i was jw...ko60722 is 72.74" so juss makin sure u were within a decimal place or 2

Old February 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
nah ur fine man i was jw...ko60722 is 72.74" so juss makin sure u were within a decimal place or 2
good luck, hope you have warmer weather than I do--CHOP
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #45 (permalink)

Name: Paul
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse SE
lf2074 will become famous soon enough
So I had my mechanic changed out the belt to Gates belt K060721 that was suppose to be direct fit, so after putting it on it seems good and doesn't have that chirping noise that the one came with RRE but only after less than 1 mile of drive the belt snapped and one side of thread is sliced off by the UDP.

Someone said these was direct fit but on a more tighter side, but belts should stretch out afterwards but why did it do that?
Mods : Fujita F5 CAI, Dual Magnaflow Race Series Axle-backs, RRE UDP, BC Racing Coilovers, Carbing tower struts, RRE Headers w/ Jet Hot coating, Evo9 Brembos, Girodisc 2-piece floating rotors, Stoptech SS brake lines, Volk Racing Progressiv ME 19s, Nitto Motivo 235/35/19 fronts 255/35/19 rears, Blue dome light, Blue LED footwell lighting, Vis eye lids.
My Member's Ride Thread

Last edited by lf2074; May 27th, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
lf2074 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Name: Eric
Vehicle: 09 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Cubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really nice
I also have the RRE light weight underdrive pulley and have had it installed for a year now, I used the belt they sent with it and have had no issues with it whatsoever, so idk why ur experiencing so much trouble. I literally installed it, and never worried about anything else or have had any issues. Sorry man
Cubansoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubansoldier20 View Post
I also have the RRE light weight underdrive pulley and have had it installed for a year now, I used the belt they sent with it and have had no issues with it whatsoever, so idk why ur experiencing so much trouble. I literally installed it, and never worried about anything else or have had any issues. Sorry man
The belt's model fit the car's specifics, and was recommended by many forum members here that Gates belt is the best for replacement.
Not sure why but my mechanic mention that the Pulley's finish was too sharp for these belts. I'm having issues with the original belt that came with the Under drive pulley, (noises under acceleration at around 1000~2000 RPM, Idles chirping, wheel turning chirping.) The UDP was correctly installed by the instruction provided by RoadRaceEngineering.com and torque spec are correct by using torque wrench by the mechanic.
Mods : Fujita F5 CAI, Dual Magnaflow Race Series Axle-backs, RRE UDP, BC Racing Coilovers, Carbing tower struts, RRE Headers w/ Jet Hot coating, Evo9 Brembos, Girodisc 2-piece floating rotors, Stoptech SS brake lines, Volk Racing Progressiv ME 19s, Nitto Motivo 235/35/19 fronts 255/35/19 rears, Blue dome light, Blue LED footwell lighting, Vis eye lids.
My Member's Ride Thread
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #48 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Name: Eric
Vehicle: 09 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Cubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lf2074 View Post
The belt's model fit the car's specifics, and was recommended by many forum members here that Gates belt is the best for replacement.
Not sure why but my mechanic mention that the Pulley's finish was too sharp for these belts. I'm having issues with the original belt that came with the Under drive pulley, (noises under acceleration at around 1000~2000 RPM, Idles chirping, wheel turning chirping.) The UDP was correctly installed by the instruction provided by RoadRaceEngineering.com and torque spec are correct by using torque wrench by the mechanic.
I'm lost for words dude. Once I installed mine, I have revd the shit out of it, no sounds, turning, no sounds, idling, no sounds. So idk why I would be completely fine so far for a whole year, and ur going through this just like tsoccer, idk man, I'm wondering as well. That's weird.
Cubansoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppertwo View Post
This is the one I just bought Dayco 5060720, although its been to cold to put it on, Advace auto parts--- CHOP
and squeak free also
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #50 (permalink)

Name: Andrew
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
ashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to all
A couple of weeks on the RRE shipped belt, 6K721 here. No issues at all. It seems to me that with the tensioner pulley, a little longer belt or a little shorter belt wouldn't matter, as long as the tensioner can fully engage.

If you go to RockAuto.com and look up the belt for a 2009 3.0L BMW Z4, that's the 6K721. There are 5 options there, Goodyear, Dayco, AC Delco, etc...

I'd go for a higher quality belt of the same size.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #51 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse GS 5 Speed
nokiauser is a jewel in the roughnokiauser is a jewel in the rough
I don't want to sound like a broken record but the 60721 belt is very tight. Not that it should result in instant self destruction but here's my post yesterday regarding the UDP belt:

Install RRE underdrive pulley

Hint: 722
RRE/RRM Underdrive, Fujita F5 Wrinkle Black CAI, Throttle Bypass, GT Throttle body, Outlaw TB Spacer, Ripp Mods LT Headers, Magnaflow Performance Cat, Fully Custom 2.5" Exhaust Piping, RRE Magnaflow Muffler, Eibach ProKit Springs, Progress 24mm Rear Anti-Sway, GT End Links, Tanabe TSB, GT Tower Brace, Brembo Brake Kit w/ Stoptech Pads
nokiauser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #52 (permalink)
No Worries

Been running Gates ko60722 for almost 4 months now. Zero squeaks. Strongly recommend.

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #53 (permalink)

But will it stretch out and later be losen?
My Member's Ride Thread
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
No Worries

Don't think that will be a problem. Gates is one of the highest qualities you can buy belt-wise. If problems do arise I'll be sure to post here though.

Old November 28th, 2015, 12:42 PM   #55 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 06 eclipse
Flaboy806 will become famous soon enough
Bump

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Flaboy806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:26 AM   #56 (permalink)

Name: Mason
Vehicle: 2007 eclipse gs
Mason122596 is on a distinguished road
So... I want to get the UDP but all this talk about the belts has got me worried... help?
Mason122596 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2017, 08:15 AM   #57 (permalink)
Ricer

6 Highscores

Name: James
Vehicle: 2009 GS
Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2
I've had no issues with my Gates k060721 serpentine belt on the underdrive. No squealing, and I've used it for 35,000km so far. How long did each of yours last, Tim?

PS: I got the belt that's on there now USED from the seller of the UDP. Unknown miles before that (I planned to see what life I can still get from it instead of just throwing it out)

My Build Thread
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
belt, good, hood, rre

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.