I have a question Car won't start after transmission work - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Shea
towhitch is on a distinguished road
Car won't start after transmission work

My girlfriend has a 2006 gt and her clutch petal was going to the floor with no resistance. Determined the concentric slave cylinder and master cylinder needed replaced. Replaced them myself and now have pressure back in the clutch pedal. Now is my new problem of the car not starting.

When I turn the key nothing happens. I get power to the dash and my battery seems fine even though it did measure only 10.5v. Even still I tried to jump start it and was still getting the same problem. The starter was getting about 9.5v but it didn't seem like it was transfering the power when the ignition switch was turned on. Using a screwdriver I got the starter to spin by jumping the solenoid. Is the starter bad? If so how did it get bad between the time I took it out and put it back in? (It was out for a few weeks).

Another thing I found that may or may not be having an issue is the wire I found that bypassed some burnt up switch that I think controls the radiator fans.

In the image you can see the burnt up spot is where the black fuse box thing went. It had been replaced before I bought the car with that wire and a 25 amp fuse. I can't remember which prongs these plugged into or if they are even cause a problem. I know I need to get that hooked up to but not sure if I can find an appropriate wiring diagram or someone on here knows a thing or two about that. Thanks for your help and let me know if I have left something out.
towhitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 08 GT SE and 91 3kgt VR4
wingo171 is a jewel in the roughwingo171 is a jewel in the rough
Check the clutch pedal switches in the floor. If the pintle is not moving when you push the clutch pedal it will not crank the motor over as it thinks you didn't push in the clutch. (If the top one is messed up, you can unplug it and it should let you crank (if that is what the issue is down there in the floor).

The burnt wire thing is a WTF did the previous owner do, kind of thing.

Tearstone has the full service manual to download.
Link to FSM

Last edited by wingo171; January 10th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
wingo171 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2017, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingo171 View Post
Check the clutch pedal switches in the floor. If the pintle is not moving when you push the clutch pedal it will not crank the motor over as it thinks you didn't push in the clutch. (If the top one is messed up, you can unplug it and it should let you crank (if that is what the issue is down there in the floor).

The burnt wire thing is a WTF did the previous owner do, kind of thing.
It very much is a WTF moment. That switch was also tested and seems to be working properly. Plugged up or not it won't start.

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Got the car started. Didnt have a plug plugged up all the way. Now I am not getting any throttle response.

Tags
06 gt, 2006, art, back, bad, battery, black, box, car, clutch, dash, fuse, ignition, issue, pedal, power, problem, radiator, starter, starting, switch, transmission, wire, wiring, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.