6G75 - Forged Ceramic Pistons (Pictures/Specs) - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Post 6G75 - Forged Ceramic Pistons (Pictures/Specs)

I finally got home and got to open up my box of pistons from Ross Racing.

They look incredible and to be of the highest quality you could ask for.

Again, I only have these b/c rangertimmmy was cool enough to order me a set and then let me pay him back. VERY VERY FUCKING COOL OF HIM. Thanks Timmy - I owe you big time, man. And dejected and twilson as well for motivating me and Timmy and leading the way.

Timmy already posted some sweet pictures of this same set, but here are some pictures of MINE.

flat top and 10:1 (or close) compression retained.

weight of each pistons

secret weapon...hiding away....

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost

Last edited by joeyb; October 16th, 2010 at 10:48 AM.
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
very nice...i want some now

HAHA NO V2.0
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^oh man, a built motor with a big fat shot of nitrous would be OH so sweet..........

Old October 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
so you bought all 6 correct....how much that run you???

HAHA NO V2.0
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

well, I got an extra special deal b/c timmy got an sweet discount b/c he was serving in iraq.....PM sent.

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
The redneck

Name: Jordan
Vehicle: 2006 Trailblazer SS
dentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud of
Boner guys...just...boner.
dentedz71guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Ur pistons are 400 grams??????????
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ummmm yeah I guess is that what that sheet says? all I know is I picked up the box at my moms and was like 'this is damn light for 6 pistons.' god damn this motor willl destroy when/if I can get it built....right now, unfortunately, at the pace I'm moving, it will likely be next summer before I have all parts, and a new/used motor to rebuild and drop in...

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedz71guy View Post
Boner guys...just...boner.
lol

Old October 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Avenger
skyy406 will become famous soon enough
THose look like jewelery!
skyy406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hehe you're right. bling!

Old October 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
Nice Joey
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks roy. wish I could take credit for anything but paying for them. i rode timmy and dejecteds' coat tails on this one. they are the ones who did most of the work on finding and getting these.

Old October 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Oo my pistons were 359 g and mine were still heavier then stock and yours are 400 but that's just because my piston is 8.5 compression... But if u get the crower rods you will still be lighter then stock
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Name: Alan
Vehicle: 2004 Evo 8 GSR
cficare68 is a jewel in the roughcficare68 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
^oh man, a built motor with a big fat shot of nitrous would be OH so sweet..........
Hmmm thanks for putting expensive thoughts in my head now. LOL. I probably shouldn't blow up my daily driver though
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Name: Jesse Sepulveda
Vehicle: 06 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
allstarflash is just really niceallstarflash is just really niceallstarflash is just really nice
they are beautifulll!
|AEM modified CAI|K&N Filter|HKS 2.5 headerback exahust|Ingalls stiffy|Eibach sportline springs| Modified Bronze clutch|Outlaw Engineering spacers|TB Bypass|sRalliart eyelids|Ralliart spoiler|Rota P45R front17X9 +25 and 18X9.5 +30 rear|
allstarflash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Joe......those look so sweet! I hope to be just like you when I grow up
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
But you are grown up...

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

That just a technicality. Age ain't nothing but a number lol
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 GT 6spd
jhinerman has a spectacular aura about
Are these forged? Hyperutectic? Usually forged pistons weight more than their cast brothers. But they do look nice. What do a set of those run?
jhinerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

yeah they do weigh more then stock. about $1050-1100 usually. forged and flat top.

Last edited by joeyb; November 2nd, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGlisson View Post
Wow Joe......those look so sweet! I hope to be just like you when I grow up
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarflash View Post
they are beautifulll!
well thank you kindly fellas - once again, rangertimmy and dejected are the only reason I have these. I don't think it would be appropriate to 'thank' dejected for blowing his motor but if he hadn't this would never have happened. and if timmy hadn't decided to be EXTREMELY fucking cool to me then I certainly wouldn't have been able to afford them. god I love those guys.

but I feel bad today reading rico's and executives' posts - they are having such shitty luck with their cars and they are a couple of the coolest members I hate to see them unhappy or their 4g giving them trouble.

as cool as these pistons are I am a VERY long ways away from the finish line. I ordered the bearings yesterday. I am hoping to order the rods tomorrow. will take me another pay period or so to get the valve package and probably another to get any remaining hardware (headstuds, etc.)
If I'm going to port and polish - and I probably should - that's another who knows how many pay periods....I don't see me building before next spring at the earliest. but I can bid my time with the best of them....that is one thing I can do.

Old October 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Hey anything worth having is worth waiting for. What might seem so far now away is definitely closer to you then some. Besides you taking your time and doing it right is going to save you so much headache in the long run. You'll definitely see that it was worth the wait in the end.
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

can anyone confirm that 6G74 rods will for sure work for the 6g75 for me?

Old November 1st, 2010, 08:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

I would assume so. I actually found these on ebay. Mitsubishi 6G74/6G75 Forged H-beam connecting rods: eBay Motors (item 300486420797 end time Nov-26-10 15:19:53 PST) he even mentions in the auction that they will work with Ross pistons. Worse case senerio I would send the seller a message to confirm it for sure.
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
B00ST3D

Vehicle: 2011 Lancer RA
xjetx has a spectacular aura about
Cant go wrong with a built motor, makes your SC bulletproof. What else is in the works?
xjetx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Hey Joe I was checking out ebay and happened to come across this. Though you might be interested in it. ENGINE Mitsubishi Eclipse Galant 3.8L 2006 06 2007 07: eBay Motors (item 120641307210 end time Nov-30-10 09:13:59 PST)
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^holy shit thanks so much alan! jeez....I am going to have to find a way to do this....that is a way better price then I thought I would see for one....maybe I can make it happen...

yes I am definitely going to look around and see if I can't find another vendor that can get me those rods....seems like someone should have a set

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjetx View Post
Cant go wrong with a built motor, makes your SC bulletproof. What else is in the works?
hell man my only "plans" right now are to buy engine parts until I am ready to build up a motor - and if I can get one for around 1500 or 2000 then I will probably go ahead and buy another motor, just so I can take my time on the build then drop it in. the only other thing I am working on is getting my car running right with a good tune - which it basically is but still throwing codes - nothing critical but I obviously would like to get to the bottom of it.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68 View Post
just ordered these - I called around a bunch of places and it seems that yes, BC only made 10 of those sets, and they are all gone. these seem like a great alternative, though, we'll see.

thanks again alan.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Glad I could help. Hope that they workout for you. Now hurry up and get everything installed LOL!!!!!
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
oh ya this build is gunna be good ru gunna p&p ur heads
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah man I'm thinking that would probably be best. I'll have it done by delta cams like that one thread suggests

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Rods have arrived - they look tough as nails........................

" These are a full set of custom made forged H-beam connecting rods for the 6G74/6G75 engine, designed to work in high horsepower applications.
They are strengthened around the crank and piston-pin journals.
The piston pin journal has an oil groove to provide additional oil circulation around the pin.
These will work with the stock crank and stock sized wrist pins, but require pistons designed with wrist pin retainers, as the pins are of "full floated" design.
Most aftermarket pistons (such as Ross) will work.
ARP-2000 rod bolts are installed, so you can be sure you are getting only the best.
Please note the wrist pin bushings will require honing to fit the individual wrist pins to provide proper clearance.
Rod weight is approximately 575 gms." - Ebay Seller Description.

yeah - that's not breaking...

Last edited by joeyb; November 5th, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:15 AM   #35 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
It won't be long my friend before you have the sickest 4G on the forum!

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^you think so? well shit THANKS man!!!!!! maybe performance-wise, but I'll never be able to 'out-style' some of these guys. Donny Nitro and Haha No just to mention two....I could name at least twenty that make my exterior look like amateur hour.

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #37 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
damn, this is a serious build, joe.

awsome job so far.

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks so much kyle - like I've said before in other posts - it may ruin me financially, get me divorced, and who knows what else, but I WILL get this build done some day

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #39 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
lol, and youll make 4g history.

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

anyone know if these would work for me or should I look elsewhere?

2007 MITSUBISHI GALANT RALLIART Cylinder Head Gasket

Tags
6g75, back, board, box, club, hiding, pictures, racing, top, weights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.