US 6G75 SOHC 3.8L MIVEC specs - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT/6, 09GT/6, 01GT-T/5M
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
US 6G75 SOHC 3.8L MIVEC specs

Mods please sticky. This is a WIP, as I'm currently beat and will continue to improve on format- and content-wise.

BASE ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
  • Engine Type : V type, single overhead camshaft
  • Number of cylinders : 6
  • Bore : 95.0 mm (3.74")
  • Stroke : 90.0 mm (3.54")
  • Total displacement : 3,828 cc (233.6 cu.in)
  • Combustion chamber : pentroof type
  • Compression ratio : 10.5:1
  • Firing order : sequential 1-2-3-4-5-6
  • Max output (crank) : 263 HP (194 kW) @ 5,750 rpm
  • Max torque (crank) : 260 lb-ft (353 N-m) @ 4,500 rpm
  • Lubrication system : Pressure feed, full-flow filtration
  • Lash adjuster : Exhaust side only
  • Fuel delivery system : Electronically controlled MFI
  • Ignition system : Electronically controlled 6-coil (non-distributor)
  • Lubrication system : Pressure feed, full-flow filtration
  • Oil pump type : Trochoid type

VALVE TIMING AND PROFILE
  • Intake Valve :
    Open (BTDC) :
    - 2° (Low speed cam A - lowlift)
    0° (Low speed cam B - midlift)
    +15° (High speed cam - MIVEC)
    Close (ABDC) :
    +50° (Low speed cam A - lowlift)
    +52° (Low speed cam B - midlift)
    +69° (High speed cam - MIVEC)
  • Exhaust valve :
    Open (BBDC) : +57°
    Close (ATDC) : +19°

Engine Mechanical specifications (at least those of interest to us gearheads)

Cylinder Head
  • Cam height :
    Intake :
    low A (low lift) : 33.55 mm (1.321")
    low B (mid lift) : 37.35 mm (1.4705")
    high (MIVEC) : 37.21 mm (1.465")
    Exhaust : 37.87 mm (1.491")
  • Camshaft journal OD : 45 mm (1.8")
  • Cylinder head total height (not incl gasket) : 120 mm (4.7")
  • Valve overall height :
    Intake : 109.33 mm (4.304")
    Exhaust : 113.50 (4.468")
  • Valve stem projection :
    Intake : 48.30 mm (1.902")
    Exhaust : 51.71 mm (2.036")
  • Valve seat / valve oversize tolerances (head porting) :
    Intake :
    0.3 osz diameter : 37.80−37.83 mm (1.4881"−1.4894")
    0.6 osz diameter : 38.10−38.13 mm (1.5000"−1.5012")
    Exhaust :
    0.3 osz diameter : 34.80−34.83 mm (1.3701"−1.3713")
    0.6 osz diameter : 35.10−35.13 mm (1.3819"−1.3831")

Engine Block
  • Piston OD : 95.0 mm (3.74")
  • Cylinder bore inside diameter : 95.0mm (3.74")
  • Cylindricity : 0.01 mm (0.0003")
  • Piston to cylinder clearance : 0.03−0.05 mm (0.0012"− 0.0019")
  • Cylinder block overall height (top of engine block to crankshaft centerline) : 227.9−228.1 mm (8.972"−8.980")

• Connecting rod length : currently unknown (damn)
  • Crankshaft lobe heights : currently unknown (double damn !!!)

Anyone with any further information to add to this list PLEASE let me know and I'll append this list. This kind of information is essential to expanding our KB, and to folks such as ourselves who are looking to extract as much power from this already amazing engine. Thanks!
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Slippercream; November 11th, 2007 at 05:12 AM.
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Good info! I was looking into the cam grinds but didn't find anything... where did you look?

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhh... just the good ol' Foxtrot-Sierra-Mike

And thanks for the sticky, o' Invisible Hand!
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Slippercream; November 9th, 2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old November 10th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Talon_66 will become famous soon enough
Do you have any of the cars Torque specs?
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
What Drives You?

tq specs as in? bolts and nuts?
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Talon_66 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
tq specs as in? bolts and nuts?

hahah yeah...

preferably for the Headers and Underbrace...
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
What Drives You?

The M10s on the head flanges should be 33 3 ft-lb. Same with the manifold brackets.
The M10s on the downpipe bolts should be 37 6 ft-lb.
The M12s (?) on the centermember to chassis should be 61 9 ft-lb
The M10s on the front roll mount should be 43 5 ft-lb.
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Updated. And FAWK!!! I can't seem to find any pertinent information on rod length and crankshaft lobe height.
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
I know that shit is hard to find. I look every place I could think of and couldn't find anything.

Old November 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Weeeell... I guess we just have to get an engine and take it apart then
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

I've actually been looking for one so i could build it then drop it into the car but I haven't found one at a good price yet.

Old November 11th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Yep. With ya on that one. Currently still goes for more than $1,400.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

itman3s is a jewel in the roughitman3s is a jewel in the rough
6G75 Rod info

Hello All, i am new to this site and thought this info might be of interest to you guys. The 6G74 and 6G75 share the same Rods. The crank main journal and rod journal diameters are also the same in both. The main difference from the 74 and 75 is the bore and stroke. Mitsu increased the 75 dipslacement by moving the piston pin up ~ 2mm, +2mm bore and around +4mm stroke. Mitsu used the 74 rod in the 75. The specs are as follows:

6G74/6G75 shared specs
152mm rod length
Main journals = 64mm
Rod journals = 55mm
itman3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Nooo kidding!

Thanks a bunch man! That post deserves massive eRep Info is VERY much appreciated Good to know that we still have forged rods.

So really, in essence it's just a matter of piston dimensions then. How typically Mitsu. That does make me wonder now if the only difference between the '74 and '75 cranks are the stroke / journal lengths from centerline.

Last edited by Slippercream; February 20th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Nooo kidding!

Thanks a bunch man! That post deserves massive eRep Info is VERY much appreciated Good to know that we still have forged rods.

So really, in essence it's just a matter of piston dimensions then. How typically Mitsu. That does make me wonder now if the only difference between the '74 and '75 cranks are the stroke / journal lengths from centerline.
The only difference between the 74 and 75 cranks are only stroke. The 74 has 85.8mm and the 75 has 90mm stroke..
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Dude... again you ROCK!

That makes "stroking" the '74 so much easier and cheaper then! Can we still assume that the 75 crank is also forged?
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

info

Quote:
Dude... again you ROCK!

That makes "stroking" the '74 so much easier and cheaper then! Can we still assume that the 75 crank is also forged?
That is what i am doing...74 block-75 crank..Don't know for sure if all the 74's or 75 are forged, but the 75 i ended up using is forged out of an endvor..
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Ahhh... excellent Hey, you drive a 3000GT or Stealth?
Old February 21st, 2008, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hahaha..a stealth...Hey, i need some info on the MIVEC heads and how they are operated. are they turned on by oil pressure, rpm, and/or a switch? Does anyone know how to control Mivec with an AEM? any help would be much appreciated.

thanks guys..
Quote:
Ahhh... excellent Hey, you drive a 3000GT or Stealth?
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Oh... dude, I am SOO sorry I totally didn't see that last post. Yes, MIVEC is hydraulically engaged, and automatically. I suspect messing with variable timing... uhm "variables" on a piggyback like the F/IC or equivalent VTEC controller would give you instant access to tweaking that function. Of course if someone could actually pioneer getting the EMS installed the car that'd be perfect! Pinouts are posted all over the place - RRE has em on their website, too.
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
What Drives You?

FYI, from the TIM:

Quote:
MIVEC has an additional switching system on the two intake valves in the conventional SOHC 4 valve engine. This switching system has two cams for the low mode having a difference between the valve-lifts and for the high mode keeping both valve lifts high. In the range of the low engine speed, the flow within the valves is enhanced by the difference between the valve-lifts. Also, the stabilization of the combustion is designed for low fuel economy, low exhaust gas and high torque. At high engine speeds, the high output due to the increment in the intake air amount is reached by increasing the open valve period and the lift.

A T-lever moves following the high lift cams and is arranged between the high lift cam and two rocker arms, in addition to the low & middle lift cams and two rocker arms that drive the two intake valves respectively. In the range of the low engine speed, the low and the middle lift cams drive each valve respectively because the wing of the T-lever moves freely. At high engine speeds, the oil pressure moves the switch-over piston within the rocker arm. The T-lever reaches the rocker arm and pushes it, and then the high lift cam lifts the both valves.

The cam switching is carried out when the torque produced in the low speed mode and the one produced in the high-speed mode crosses each other at an engine speed. An accumulator ensures oil pressure at the instant of switching and prevents switching mistakes.

The oil passage is divided into two, one for the intake rocker shaft and the other for the exhaust rocker shaft, just in front of the oil control valve (OCV). Oil is always supplied to the exhaust rocker shaft.

Oil supply to the intake rocker shaft is controlled by ON/OFF of the oil control valve (OCV) and carries out the switching for the low, middle and high lift cams.
It's the same old, same old Mitsu MIVEC design. All hydraulic RPM-controlled.
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 eclipse gtp
stealth is on a distinguished road
How many litres of oil does the gt take? A friend of mine has a '08 Lancer and says his car takes more oil than the gt eclipse 6 litres?
stealth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Vehicle: 2005 Galant ES
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's 4L
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
tjf
Its MIVEC not MYVEC silly

tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute
maybe i missed it but does anyone have exact measurments of the factory GT exhaust? thanks for the input
tjf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

As in pipe diameter?

Old June 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
tjf

tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
As in pipe diameter?
yes sir
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

It is 2.33 inches.

Old June 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
tjf

awsome thanks
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

Your welcome!

Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ink

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT
Ink is just really niceInk is just really niceInk is just really nice
Quote:
Oh... dude, I am SOO sorry I totally didn't see that last post. Yes, MIVEC is hydraulically engaged, and automatically. I suspect messing with variable timing... uhm "variables" on a piggyback like the F/IC or equivalent VTEC controller would give you instant access to tweaking that function. Of course if someone could actually pioneer getting the EMS installed the car that'd be perfect! Pinouts are posted all over the place - RRE has em on their website, too.
see and I got laughed at on another forum for askin if a VTECH controller type system would work
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Unofficial Mod-erator

Vehicle: 2006 Evolution IX
Live4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond repute
Need to add the Injector CC Size to the list.

Someones gota figure it out first to add it to the list though. LOL

^ Sold my 06 Eclipse GT-5, 07 Eclipse GT-6 and 02 Turbo Lancer OZ.
+++ Daily driving a 2006 Evolution IX GSR +++
--- Current project is a Kia Powered 2003 Evolution VIII GSR ---
< First 4G Eclipse to break 300+ all motor! (311 whp)
Live4Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ink

Ink is just really niceInk is just really niceInk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth View Post
How many litres of oil does the gt take? A friend of mine has a '08 Lancer and says his car takes more oil than the gt eclipse 6 litres?
it's a little less than 5 bottles
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #33 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Dodge Stratus Coupe
UCSPerformance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Redline View Post
Need to add the Injector CC Size to the list.

Someones gota figure it out first to add it to the list though. LOL
Pull an injector out and get me the part number and I'll tell you it's size.
UCSPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Whys the injector size never available?
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:27 PM   #35 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 eclipse GT/SE
064gen is on a distinguished road
how exactly does the mivec work is the same as vtec or is it constantly variable
064gen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:55 AM   #36 (permalink)

stts elipse is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the

Last edited by stts elipse; January 7th, 2009 at 09:37 PM.
stts elipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #37 (permalink)

Name: Drew
Vehicle: 06' Lexus IS250
Drewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really nice
If anyone ever needs any specs, i have All-data at work and could pull up the info.
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #38 (permalink)
JBB

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
Citrus23 is on a distinguished road
Excuse my stupid question but does our car have forged pistons??

I ask this because i want to know if my car will handle 100 shot of nitrous! I'm already spraying 75 in first gear!
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Nope - cast pistons. I'd be careful if I were you...
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #40 (permalink)
JBB

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
Citrus23 is on a distinguished road
Anyone has sprayed 100 shot yet??

Tags
3.8l, 6g75, amazing, block, dent, ding, engine, exhaust, fuel, gasket, ignition, intake, list, mivec, mods, power, red, seat, single, speed, system, timing, top, total, valve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.