TwilsonD7 GT Build - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #41 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
9:1
1mm over
13.3oz
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
congrats tom they look amazing and i bet your excited. looking forward to your updates.
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #43 (permalink)

TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Sooooo my local mitsu dealer was just bought by another dealer and having $5000 off any new mitsu including the Evo putting a mr around $28000. My car has low miles so possibly positive equity...so tempted. And you get a free iPad...

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #44 (permalink)

haha if you do the switch i will take your spare motor haha
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #45 (permalink)

Name: Preston
Vehicle: 2008 Subaru STi
ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilsonD7 View Post
Sooooo my local mitsu dealer was just bought by another dealer and having $5000 off any new mitsu including the Evo putting a mr around $28000. My car has low miles so possibly positive equity...so tempted. And you get a free iPad...
Damn a brand new MR for 28k? That is a deal..... and who can pass on a free iPad. My dealership is about to get bought out too, maybe they will have a similar deal going on
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #46 (permalink)

Name: Cesar
Vehicle: 2008 Generic Veyron
gspower is a jewel in the roughgspower is a jewel in the rough
dooo eett. evo ftw.
Old April 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #47 (permalink)

ARP main and head bolts
$359 after delivery

Old April 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #48 (permalink)

Who wants to buy a nasty built motor!???

MR are auto and GSR are only 5 speed...if either had a 6 speed manual I would have bought one the first time...
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #49 (permalink)

Name: Preston
Vehicle: 2008 Subaru STi
ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
So how much are the gsr's going for there? Like 23k?
Old April 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #50 (permalink)

those ARP main and head bolts look good. they mate up perfectly?
Old April 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2012 Lancer Ralliart
deprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
ARP main and head bolts
$359 after delivery

I love these things but they're such a pain in the shit to install on some cars...

Nice though...did you have to have ARP do a custom kit for you or does someone assemble one?
Current Car: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP| Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by ME! | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Can | Agency Power 3" DP | Avid1 18x9 +35 | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated TP | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2/ZR-2 AFR+Boost |
deprydation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #52 (permalink)

They are bolts they stock so just give them part numbers and they'll send then
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
x-street

Name: Matt McAlear
Vehicle: 06/GT/AT
bullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nice
The afm meet is in may but you should come out to the end of the year one in October or November.
bullet06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Who wants to buy a nasty built motor!???

MR are auto and GSR are only 5 speed...if either had a 6 speed manual I would have bought one the first time...
MRs are manual with an electronic dual-plate clutch engagement that's faster than you could ever shift. And the X GSR's 5-speed is still better than the 6/sp in the Eclipse GT in terms of gearing and engagement.

And what does a transmission have to do with a motor? The 4B11T is capable of handling a LOT of punishment for an aluminum block motor. Plus, for being matched with a puny 5-speed transmission, the gearset on that 5/MT has better teeth and guts than previous Evos. Not to mention the transfer case.

Again, I wouldn't throw blind assumptions out there just because you have more displacement and an extra gear. You may put out more power than an Evo at the crank with an engine build, but the X will hand you your ass for less power, off the line or on a road course, and build up for much lesser cost than you would spend, apples to apples.
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:08 AM   #55 (permalink)

I was saying who wants to buy my 4g motor so I can buy a evo. I don't consider a clutchless manual a manual. I know it's fast shifting. It's one of the fastest trans in the world. I just rather have a clutch. When driving a GSR you're in 5th before you know it and it feels like it's done, I know it's not buy still. It just didn't Live up to it's hype. I like the eclipse. I haven't drove a mr, but from what im told you can just buy the ralliart which has the trans and the only difference are the intercooler, brakes and suspension....all stuff that can be bought aftermarket for the 10G price diff.

Im not going to do it anyways. I'm in too deep with this car. Too Many evos out there. It's easy/common to see a build Evo, I want to show people something different for once.

Maybe this time I won't have any "mishaps"

Last edited by TwilsonD7; April 28th, 2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh - sorry about the misread. I thought you were referring to the 4B11 as the "crappy" motor

At least this time you're paying heed to the advice and actually building the motor up correctly. Kudos for sharing all the info about the anterior parts required for a proper build with the community. But just remember, just because you have a built motor, doesn't mean you're safe. You still have engine management and proper transmission / suspension buildup to think about. Nothing ends with just a stronger engine
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #57 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
I seen a Ralliart with exhaust, reflash, and Evo X fmic ran a low 13s average time was 13.30s 13.20s that's pretty damn good for the few mods

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #58 (permalink)

Clevite bearings:
CB1832P- rods
MS2238P - mains
TW617S - thrust washers

ACL bearings:
6B1180 - rods
4M1183 - mains
1T1183 a thrust bearing
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #59 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
How much does each piston weigh in grams? I'm curious

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #60 (permalink)

377 grams

What were yours vs stock?

Last edited by TwilsonD7; April 29th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
I'll have too look it up hold up

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #62 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

I'll have too look it up hold up

Here is stock lol my drug scale comes in handy

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #63 (permalink)

So mine are pretty much same as stock...werent the Rods heavier,
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Brians rods were like 2 ounces lighter then stock....

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Stock rods are like 622 grams I know brians were in the 500's

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
Old April 30th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #66 (permalink)

Bearings and gaskets shipped out yesterday and will be at jet hot Tuesday. Headers should be here Monday.

Any good spot to have a wideband on RRE headers? On the headers or the y pipe?
Old April 30th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #67 (permalink)

on the y pipe after they merge together, before the cat, and have the bung welded on top, not the bottom.
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:47 AM   #68 (permalink)

Travis, are you the one that had a tread with the custom y pipe?
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #69 (permalink)

Headers thanks to rangertimmy!

These will be shipped to jet hot in a few days!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Travis, are you the one that had a tread with the custom y pipe?
Ya y whats up tom
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #71 (permalink)
The Evil Wizard

Name: Jamie
Vehicle: 94 Galant GS
majin is a jewel in the roughmajin is a jewel in the rough
Appears he is aiming for a supercharger setup.
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #72 (permalink)

Brian Crower connecting rods with arp 2000 fasteners

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #73 (permalink)

They look good bro. Keep it up. Be done before you know it.
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #74 (permalink)

Got all my piece except valve spring and then put it all together. Should have the pistons back by Friday and well get boring!
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #75 (permalink)

Just dropped off valve covers at the powder coaters to be coated bright yellow!
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
oh man tom I can't fucking wait...............................I will hopefully be following suit in not too distant of a future.
and of course I'd love an Evo X, but I still don't think it's as cool as the eclipse - style-wise, sex-appeal if nothing else. I also don't like anything like paddle shifting or high-tech transmissions - guess I'm old school. I saw on pinks lately they talk about launching off the line and they say: "I released the button and took off..." and I'm like - "YOU RELEASED A BUTTON?!?!" wow that is lame to me. as far as an Evo, I just don't see a sedan as intimidating in any way. but hey, that's me. just some dumbass from Oklahoma, so who cares.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #77 (permalink)

Fuck an Evo, I'm going for import tuner cover, no ones seen a nasty eclipse in 10 years and I'm going to give it to them. I've done every fucking thing possible to make this motor/car over the top. Ever single part of this motor is friction coated, powered coated or painted. Silver block, silver heads, BOTH valve covers yellow, silver coated headers, polished intake for now, may powder the intake manifold silver, painted fuel rail and break calipers yellow and looking to have a silver carbon fiber engine cover made. Intake Spacers, NGK plugs, eiback sway bars. Stock y and mid pipe with a Greddy Evo2 muffler for now.

That's all stage one. Hopefully that will all take place by the end of the month and back together. After that i guess I'll be going PSI/RIPP SDS kit again at 20 psi and a front mount. Tial or synchronic BOV, larger STI injectors, walbro pump, K&N filter, and tactrix reflash.

Stage 3 is just 6 piston yellow brembos. I want my car to look stock as possible buy a monster under the hood
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #78 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Name: Trevin
Vehicle: 06 GS-Turbo
Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
You sir are awesome

idk really know what else to say, you have covered every single aspect of this build 110% props
Elemenohpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #79 (permalink)

Motor yes, trans and suspension no...clutch and LSD will be later and I have lowering springs. That's all I really plan on those. This isn't a race car...but I do want a beast that I can beat up on some higher end tuners and euros. I hope to be the biggest understatement on the streets and see jaws drop.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #80 (permalink)

And thank you guys who are following the build. For the help and encourgment. As most know I've had a few big builds while part of this community and have gotten a lot of shit because I never got either one fully done(eventough neather my fault). A lot of ass holes on here and ill be the first to admit to being one at times as well. But thanks to you guys on here for everythibg.

Tags
aem, aem fic, back, car, custom, engine, exhaust, fic, filter, fuel, header, heat, injectors, kit, lifter, mods, muffler, plugs, reflash, ripp, sell, speed, timing, wideband, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.