TwilsonD7 GT Build - Page 4 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #121 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Valve covered are done and I'll pick them up next week. Block is cleaned bored and should be honed today. Next week starting on the heads. I just emailed rpw about getting a set of blank cams. Comp cams have light wright hehive valve springs. Clutchmasters said they'd make me a twin clutch...I hope to be up and running with the new motor in a month here. Then I need to figure out boost.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #122 (permalink)

TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of

Yellow valve covers to match the future yellow brake calipers. Doing a carbon fiber engine cover but still not sure what i want to do with the intake manifold. Crinkle black or polished...I was planning on a silver block to match the heads and headers. Or maybe black block and oil pan, silver heads and headers, yellow valve with black manifold??? Any input?? Yellow valve covers and silver headers are set. Open to suggestions on the oil pan, block, heads(kind of want to keep silver), and intake manifold.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #123 (permalink)

Whatever I do the manifold in I'll match the valve cover lettering.

Old July 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #124 (permalink)

Spec flywheel, stock balancer and oil pan all coming in this week
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #125 (permalink)

Old July 26th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #126 (permalink)

For you other guys with BC rods, stock GREEN bearing fit perfect!
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #127 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Name: Trevin
Vehicle: 06 GS-Turbo
Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
Damn son, do work. Can't wait to see this further on
Elemenohpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #128 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
awesome job Tom. Wish I could do some damage with ya.
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #129 (permalink)

Thanks guess, the guys full steam ahead, block should be done balanced and installed by the end of the week then onto the heads and manifolds. I decided:

Silver (plain metal)oil pan
Black block
Silver (plain metal)heads
Yellow valve cover
Carbon fiber engine over

Still haunt devices on intake manifold, either powder coat silver or crinkle black. Kind of ruled out polished....any thoughts!?
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #130 (permalink)

did you port out the IM? I would do crinkle black, or a nice gloss black on the IM. I got tired of the silver look. just my 2 cents tho.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #131 (permalink)

The lower will be pnp and the upper will be pnp up to the bend.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #132 (permalink)

Nicely done than. Did you get my text about the updated pics? If not, I uploaded some updated pics of the brembo's, there in my FS thread.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #133 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
How much clearance did u get on the green color bearings?? I used red

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #134 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2012 Lancer Ralliart
deprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to behold
Looks great man. The spec flywheel is a dual mass also?! How heavy is it?
Current Car: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP| Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by ME! | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Can | Agency Power 3" DP | Avid1 18x9 +35 | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated TP | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2/ZR-2 AFR+Boost |
deprydation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
How much clearance did u get on the green color bearings?? I used red
Not sure but the machinist said they fit perfect and that's all I needed to hear...

Damn it, I knew I forgot to do something. I didn't weight it. You can email Dave at spec. Gave me a good deal too. $389 shipped considering it's listed at $459...I asked if it was dual mass and he said no. It does look thick though doesn't it?
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #136 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
O ok I know green and red were next to eachother on size I was worried too about clearance too but looks good so far let us know how the balancing goes I'm curious and excited I may get one next clutch/engine change

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #137 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

deprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilsonD7 View Post
Not sure but the machinist said they fit perfect and that's all I needed to hear...

Damn it, I knew I forgot to do something. I didn't weight it. You can email Dave at spec. Gave me a good deal too. $389 shipped considering it's listed at $459...I asked if it was dual mass and he said no. It does look thick though doesn't it?
It's probably that thick because it has to replace the place where a super thick dual mass wheel was. Gotta keep the clearances right with everything there. Great to know. I'll be calling Spec tomorrow. I want specs on that thing.
Current Car: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP| Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by ME! | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Can | Agency Power 3" DP | Avid1 18x9 +35 | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated TP | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2/ZR-2 AFR+Boost |
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #138 (permalink)

Sanding and painting time
Old July 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #139 (permalink)

Name: Cesar
Vehicle: 2008 Generic Veyron
gspower is a jewel in the roughgspower is a jewel in the rough
so twilson, when you comin down to our meets so when see this bad boy? only a 3 hour or so drive
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #140 (permalink)

When The engines in I'll come by then again when the boost is in...
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #141 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

Tom, have you considered doing a full 4.0L conversion?

The 3SI guys were talking about using a stroker crankshaft to make 4.0 instead of a crazy bore on the cylinders.
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #142 (permalink)

They are all using 72 or 74 blocks. They make strokers for 3000GT and throw our heads on. 1mm over pistons gives us a 3.9L. Don't think any of those cranks will fit our block. I'm good with where I am. All I need to figure out next is what I'm doing about boost and of the reflash will be ready so don't have to buy another management system.
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #143 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Lookin' good Thomas! Can't wait to see the outcome!
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #144 (permalink)

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #145 (permalink)
x-street

Name: Matt McAlear
Vehicle: 06/GT/AT
bullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nice
oh shit looks sexy! was not realy digging the all yelow. but it came out good!
bullet06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #146 (permalink)

Took an hour and half to masked about 3 layers, good 3 hours of sanding, 2 layers of clear coat on the bare metal. About 2 hours to clean around the letters where there was still dust and the clear got under.
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #147 (permalink)
x-street

bullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nice
well time well spent it look a 100 times better.
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #148 (permalink)

Name: Arioch
Location: Not quite the middle of Va, USA, Sol III,Orion-Cygnus Sagitarius A , Approximately CE 2xxx-2xxx(old)
Vehicle: 08-GTP-MT Rave Red Pearl
Arioch has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed,
TWilsonD7 Thanks,

Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #149 (permalink)
x-street

I think you should paint the I red. Just a thought.
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #150 (permalink)

Nah no red, green car, yellow valve cover abs yellow calipers
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #151 (permalink)

Arioch, are you doing a build?
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #152 (permalink)
x-street

What green you going with?
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #153 (permalink)

I'm stock green...
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #154 (permalink)

Location: Not quite the middle of Va, USA, Sol III,Orion-Cygnus Sagitarius A , Approximately CE 2xxx-2xxx(old)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilsonD7 View Post
Arioch, are you doing a build?
I'm going to try,

pull up the history of my posts and you'll see I'm trying to do much and will be trying this a build on an 07 GT-AT

I started with the rods and pistons Front/Rear Brembos etc. Will be keeping eye out for donor motor.

Currently trying to find spacers so that money for different wheels can go toward the suspension requirements namely things like -> Coilovers, Carbing Strut Tower Bar, Motor mounts etc etc

Now budgeting for electronics/ harnesses/ FMS components hopping for a paint shop in va, labor for machine shop work etc ad nauseum.

Arioch

Last edited by Arioch; July 29th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #155 (permalink)

Contact Duatin at BC for rods, they may have a set or two left. They won't make anymore.
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #156 (permalink)

I'm buying what Travis has in his for sale thread.

The Brembos /Rods Pistons

Arioch

Old July 29th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #157 (permalink)
x-street

That's you stock looking talk about a sleeper Damn!
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #158 (permalink)

Other than a Factory wing thats what I'm doing in SS Pearl

Old July 29th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #159 (permalink)
x-street

Man you guys are making me want to get a oem carbon hood paint everything a33 and oem head and tails. think of a stock looking all motor with 350 + fwhp rang. liking what your doing Thomas!
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #160 (permalink)

Sleeper is right! It looks like a $50000 car the way it is. I'm not going to rice it up...the only thing that's going to change on the outside of this car is 6 piston yellow brembos with 2 piece slotted rotor and ralliart eye lids.

Nice Arioch! Nice to see another guy out there taking this car to the next levEl. Show the world the eclipse can still a beast. I can't remember if Travis was going boost or all motor, might want to check what his compression ratio is t make sure it's in line with your goals. You ever need help or advise hit me up.

Tags
aem, aem fic, back, car, custom, engine, exhaust, fic, filter, fuel, header, heat, injectors, kit, lifter, mods, muffler, plugs, reflash, ripp, sell, speed, timing, wideband, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.