Performance 3.8L MIVEC Heads - Page 3 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #81 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 UV Blue GT m/t
Rodz is just really niceRodz is just really niceRodz is just really nice
Rodz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #82 (permalink)
Consumer Whore

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Fallschirmjaager is just really niceFallschirmjaager is just really niceFallschirmjaager is just really nice
I called Hobbs a while ago and asked them some questions about this kind of work, the dollar amount was actually very reasonable but they were giving me more of an approximation because I wasn't very specific on what I want done. Also if anyone can find a core, let them know. They were interested when I talked to them about a month ago.
Pearl Blue 07 GT: MR Coilovers, Progress Sway Bar, Tanabe Strut Bar and Tie Bar, Ingalls EDT, Outlaw Thermobloc, Magnaflow Cat/Catback, RRE Headers, AEM F/IC, BrianJ Harness, Energy Bushings all around, RicoSuave Custom Shifter Knob, TWM GS Short Shifter, Steel Braided Brake Cables, Powerslot Rotors, PF TB, Fujita F5 CAI, SSR Type C RS 17x8's, Pirelli P Zeros. Next up: MORE TRACK TIME!
Fallschirmjaager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #83 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Damnit... DAMNIT!!!

To want... is bad... must... not... give in.

I do want to do this so badly...
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #84 (permalink)
Club9G.net Owner

Vehicle: 2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS
Tech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant future
Updates, grow some bigger balls, I work outside in this weather every Friday and Saturday night on the lake...99c pocket warmers for the win, just buy like 20 of them and put them everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
never thought a galant would beat a s2k
Tech_Greek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #85 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
You're also in LA, Tech. IIRC he's further up North. I can attest, being used to the *milder Southern winters, that working outside in 30* temps down there with just thermal undergarments and coveralls isn't quite the same as 30* weather here!

Heck, I remember doing my WHOLE suspension install last Dec in the hi 20s/low30s, though the night. Just walking outside over here in the dry winter air all decked out is like the ninth circle of hell!

I can only imagine what it's like in MN, New England, or the GLR!
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Old November 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #86 (permalink)
Club9G.net Owner

Tech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant future
When it's 26* outside here on the Lake, it feels like it's 20* or so, and on top of that you've got the wind blowing which makes it even worse, THEN add in the fact of the humidity.

I've been told by people walking outside that are from NYC, etc who say there's no way in hell they would stand outside in this weather. LOL

And I did my spring install in 26* weather here on my RX7, man up.

Quote:
Old November 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #87 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Haha Tech. Guess what --- money talks. Fact of the matter is that he's got the built engine, not neither one of us. So regardless of who's got the thicker winter scales, he's had the balls to fork out the cash to have the goods delivered. And that's the crux of it.

Bottom line, he can choose to install it at the time of his choosing, lest anyone can tell me they've paid for his lunch

And before I get off this mini-rant... 'tis the same reason I choose not to post my shit up here, as openly as others might (though it's not really as plentiful nor as admirable as others have done). Too many people think they have the right to get up in yo biznatch. Examples: bmshue, drowzy, that guy from Canada with the RIPP'ed show 4G.

You wanna see something, ask politely! Or at least show some respect for people who actually deliver! Didn't yo mommas teach you all any better?

Last edited by Slippercream; November 27th, 2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old November 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #88 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ amen Lawrence!!

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #89 (permalink)
Sleeper

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT Plus
pdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond repute
I just got off the phone with Dennis and all i can say is WOW!!! it sounds like these guys have really done their homework and are very knowledgable on our engines and port work in general. Not to mention it VERY reasonable especially considering the expected power gains from this type of work.

I will note that Dennis believes that if you want to see the real performance gains which are attainable from this type of modding, the stage3 is the way to go. Not saying that the stage 1 or 2 porting jobs that they do will not yield noticeable gains (anywhere from 10 to 15whp +/- 3 plsu increased throttle response), but a stage 3 on stock head internals is still good for 25 to 30 whp. Thats STOCK HEAD INTERNALS on a STOCK ENGINE!

It looks like i'm gonna be sending off my heads when i get my tax money

BTW: for those of you who are curious about pricing, i was told a stage 1 job is around $450 and a stage 3 still using stock head internals would run less than $1430 (not including shipping of course), and when you factor in the time spent on the flow bench and the porting which is done by hand, that's a really good price (trust me, i've been shopping around for porting and polishing for a while and these guys seem to be the best priced by far).

Last edited by pdiddy1995; November 28th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.
pdiddy1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #90 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! That makes me giddy!!!

Add some stage 2 cams into the equation and we're looking at numbers from 35-45whp. Just an estimate of course but I would say that is some good gains. Pdiddy, is that a quote with bigger valves or without?

Old November 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #91 (permalink)
Sleeper

pdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond repute
without! so just imagine bigger valves and cams! OMG i have to go change my pants
Old November 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #92 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

I have to go change my paints.... again

Old November 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #93 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Holy crap! That's totally not unreasonable! At all! Joe... massive eRep for that!

Man... I have to totally pace myself. On one hand I'm really missing the 4G, and wish it were Spring already so I could bring it over here. And on the other hand I'm thinking, "Hey, I'm getting a beater in the next month anyway," ... which will give me the luxury of taking my time with any body work and whatever other things I want to do with the 4G past the springtime ETA! ... save for, of course, not having a nice car to drive around for yet a longer while...

Evil. EVILLLLL. I have to totally stop this urge right at its tracks! Fuck y'all and your stupid musings!!!! I'm still trying to get current with my finances!!!

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #94 (permalink)
JerkyNazi

Vehicle: 06 GT
Dyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
Holy crap! That's totally not unreasonable! At all! Joe... massive eRep for that!

Man... I have to totally pace myself. On one hand I'm really missing the 4G, and wish it were Spring already so I could bring it over here. And on the other hand I'm thinking, "Hey, I'm getting a beater in the next month anyway," ... which will give me the luxury of taking my time with any body work and whatever other things I want to do with the 4G past the springtime ETA! ... save for, of course, not having a nice car to drive around for yet a longer while...

Evil. EVILLLLL. I have to totally stop this urge right at its tracks! Fuck y'all and your stupid musings!!!! I'm still trying to get current with my finances!!!

slipper it sounds like a great deal even stage 3 isnt pricey at all and think of all the potential fun u could have with an increase like thats wow...finances can wait man haha that i would help try to urge u like smoking meth outside of a rehab clinic so much fun
Old November 28th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #95 (permalink)
What Drives You?

I think there were three periods in that run-on sentence somewhere...

Yeah, nice to dream but I won't make that mistake of going out on a limb in this economy. The original plan wasn't ever to take the engine out of my car anyway. Once I'm ready... and I mean *when* I've paid my outstanding balances and am sitting on some + cashflow, then I'll look into an engine to send off.

As nice as a built motor is, it's not the end-all and be-all for me either. I wouldn't recommend any other way to anyone, much like I wouldn't recommend buying a "turbo kit" for $4k and calling it a beast. There's much more to be done --- major transmission overhaul, piping, cooling, hardware, electronics, tuning.

Rushing it just because it sounds all nice is just foolish.
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #96 (permalink)
Club9G.net Owner

Quote:
Haha Tech. Guess what --- money talks. Fact of the matter is that he's got the built engine, not neither one of us. So regardless of who's got the thicker winter scales, he's had the balls to fork out the cash to have the goods delivered. And that's the crux of it.

Bottom line, he can choose to install it at the time of his choosing, lest anyone can tell me they've paid for his lunch

And before I get off this mini-rant... 'tis the same reason I choose not to post my shit up here, as openly as others might (though it's not really as plentiful nor as admirable as others have done). Too many people think they have the right to get up in yo biznatch. Examples: bmshue, drowzy, that guy from Canada with the RIPP'ed show 4G.

You wanna see something, ask politely! Or at least show some respect for people who actually deliver! Didn't yo mommas teach you all any better?
Does your vagina hurt? Do you need a tampon? Seriously what the fuck is your problem, I've given him nothing but kudos and I just wanted to see some more pictures, he's doing things that I don't have access to (flow bench, etc) locally so I'm basing my build off what he's doing.

AND BY THE FUCKING WAY, I work seven days a week, two jobs, and I own my own buisness...money is not ALWAYS the reason why people don't do anything...maybe more important factors in life are present fuck tard...now go eat some fucking shit and die.

I don't have to ask nicely, it was all a joke, but apparently you get butt hurt for some one else, how does his nutts taste? You sure like jocking them.

Quote:
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #97 (permalink)
Sleeper

That's right! fuck yo couch!!!

Wait...huh?
Old November 30th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #98 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Oh reeeeheeheeally?

If you're so high and mighty, and money isn't everything... then why haven't you done this? Why, after all this time swinging the big stick, "Ohhh I'm a Galant owner who owns his own forum, own business, and makes money with two jobs and a slew of past fast cars that no one's ever seen...

Why haven't you done shit to your grocery getter, huh? Beyond... uhm... let's see... taking the filter off intake and taking night vids that hardly anyone can make out? Since you so eagerly think people need to get all busy with what you deem should be a priority?

Perhaps YOU need to chill... or eat your own shit. Before you talk smack at others for things they haven't done, why not look to your own yard first and show us what all you've done that's oh-so great.

And until you're feeding me and everyone on this board lunch, don't make like you know what our priorities are. It's lurking trolls like you who make people just not care so much about posting progress.
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:23 AM   #99 (permalink)
OldNut

Name: Noel
Vehicle: 06 eclipse gs
toortool is a jewel in the roughtoortool is a jewel in the rough
so, if those prices are for the GT then GS headwork should cost less.

im seriously saving up for this
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #100 (permalink)
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toortool View Post
so, if those prices are for the GT then GS headwork should cost less.

im seriously saving up for this
I didnt even think to ask about the GS, but it does seem like it would be cheaper do to it not being as much work.
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #101 (permalink)

hobbs performance will become famous soon enough
Hello everyone, my web guy finally got off his butt and added the pictures of the heads we did for itman to my web site.If you want to take a look. HobbsPerformance
Thanks,
Dennis
hobbs performance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #102 (permalink)
What Drives You?

OMG absolutely, outrageously, infinitely more gorgeous than Jenni Lee's ass!

Dennis... I want
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #103 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Dennis - mind sharing some flowbench numbers?

I FOOKIN WANT!!!
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #104 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
So like what kind of gains we get from those?

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #105 (permalink)
What Drives You?

2 hp.
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #106 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

I heard it was 2.5hp..

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #107 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

God I can't wait to give you guys my heads to work on!!! I get all excited in the paints!

I just need Cams!!!

Oh and a clutch

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #108 (permalink)
What Drives You?

I need you in my paints, Kennan

Troof: I do wish we had more tickle-my-greasy-Elmo threads and topics like this
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #109 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

That's what she said.

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #110 (permalink)
What Drives You?

... only because "she" is actually a "he"...
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #111 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

Only in your mind Lawrence...

Old January 8th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #112 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Yeah, you know I've got two good heads, fat bottom, and two massive blowjobs in mind
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #113 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore

Wait..... two heads? Your a freak :nod:

Old January 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
so how much is this stuff ?what you gotta do? send in your head and they send it back you put it back on and go no codes or anything.

Last edited by HAHA NO; January 20th, 2009 at 10:24 PM.
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #115 (permalink)
What Drives You?

uhm... :
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #116 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHA NO View Post
so how much is this stuff ?what you gotta do? send in your head and they send it back you put it back on and go no codes or anything.
read the thread better and all your questions will be answered....
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #117 (permalink)
Version 2.0

HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeker View Post
read the thread better and all your questions will be answered....

unfortunatly there is no price listed and what to do...so you find it for me

HAHA NO V2.0
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #118 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Please quit marring this thread with useless banter.

You want questions about pricing that can't be found by READING UP the pages, go straight to the source.

I think this thread needs to be closed.
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #119 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Please quit marring this thread with useless banter.

You want questions about pricing that can't be found by READING UP the pages, go straight to the source.

I think this thread needs to be closed.
nah i don't feel like calling for a price when its gonna cost me money to call...so ill just wait

HAHA NO V2.0
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:36 AM   #120 (permalink)

itman3s is a jewel in the roughitman3s is a jewel in the rough
Short block...

OK guys, I was able to get some wrench time in last weekend and this is where i'm at so far...Enjoy...

Damn, i can't upload any pics....

I tried to upload new .jpg's and i get an error message???? Maybe i am at the limit of allowable storage, i'm at 827K right now???

Had to make them zip's...oh well
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4.zip (76.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: zip 5.zip (76.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: zip 6.zip (91.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: zip 7.zip (46.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: zip 8.zip (90.3 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by itman3s; February 21st, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
itman3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3.8l, crazy, custom, exhaust, head, intake, lower, mivec, performance, pics, qui, springs, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.