Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bobbertbig 
#1 ·
Well my cars at about 34,000 miles. It's an 06 GT.
Saturday night I drove my car to work, no problem. When I started it up after work, I noticed a sort of whistling noise, then when i pushed my clutch in I heard a slight grinding and felt it too. So I was immediately concerned and just drove home. On Sunday I brought some friends over to get their opinion and took it for a spin, just a quick circle. The whistling got worse and so did the grind, and my clutch started to stick. So I decided to bring it to the dealership today, but it wouldn't do into gear at all, the clutch is stuck completely and smoke was coming out. So I had it towed over.
My guess is that the throw out bearing is shot and that my clutch is just burning against the pressure plates. So I'm not excited to pay for all this...

#3 ·
Yea apparently my flywheel got warped and messed up everything around it, the clutch, slave cylinder, all of it. The flywheel itself is about $750 and in total the repairs gonna be like $2300. Ouch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.