Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

How to Replace a Cabin Air Filter

21K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Dark_Eclipse 
#1 ·
How to Replace a Cabin Air Filter

• Locate the specific location of the cabin air filter through your manual.

• Loose the box and inspect for the debris. clean the dirt
  • Remove your old filter, clean the filter box and install a new filter. Secure the box.
  • Run the A/C systems with the doors closed to verify the repairs.

source(s) Dallas auto repair shops

#2 ·
This isn't very useful without telling us where the cabin filter box located in the 4G Eclipse. Is it the same location for all engine/transmission combinations and body styles (coupes or convertibles)?

Are there any hints or special tools needed in order to change the filter?

Any pictures?

#6 ·
Hmmm, two different people say it's in a different place. I am drinking my coffee now (cinco de mayo lol) , but when i'm done ill go check to see who is right.

#9 ·
I have a GT but mine is under the glovebox.. There's nothing in the trunk in my vehicle. (other than wires and electrical that is)

#14 · (Edited)
Here is a follow up link. My '08 Spyder did apparently not come equipped with one and there was no door to remove for the filter. This link says in that case, my model (GS) does not have one. I have a sealed door with no access screws. 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cabin Air Filter Location and Insta You will see this note by Rshoemaker in the comment section below the drawings and the experts reply.

Additionally, the glove compartment door did not just lift off the 3 hinges and needed a lot more work to remove! The inner cover also does not just come off with 4 screws, you had to remove screws and then pull/pop/force a much larger inner cover and partial outer cover to come off, thus exposing the inner part where a filter should be.

Much tougher than the video and totally fruitless for me.

Here is another thread that shows photos of what a "sealed" opening like mine looks like.
http://club4g.org/board/2006-2012-eclipse-general-4g/22744-2006-eclipse-cabin-air-filter.html

#15 ·
the same thing with the lower end Lancers...I had a 2003 lancer ES, which did not have a cabin air filter, and my 2006 Lancer ralliart had one. the air box is the same though, and the slot for the cabin air filter is there, but you have to cut out a plastic panel, which is too easy, caus ethe lines are already there...even the screw holes are there, you just need the screws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.