Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
103K views 976 replies 76 participants last post by  TwilsonD7 
#1 · (Edited)
Engine build done!

Brian Crowler forged H-beam connecting rods
CP fordged aluminum pistons 1mm over sized, 8:1 compression, faced and skits coated
RRE headers ceramic coated
Delta Cam regrind cams
Supertech double coil valve springs and Ti retainers/seats
Custom Cometic head gasket
Custom torque plate bore/honed
ARP 2000 main/head/rod bolts
Port & Polished heads and valve job
Koyorad custom fit aluminum radiator
Samco radiator hoses w/SS t clamps
Quainfe LSD
Clutchmaster custom twin disc 800 series clutch
880cc injectors
Fastwork reflash and tune by Michael
Autometer Colbt Wideband meter
RRE carbon fiber engine cover
K&N custom short ram intake
Optima battery
NGK iridium one step colder plug
Powdercoating: Everything!

--------------------------------------------------

From the beginning:
Well I had a Ripp stage 2 running 8-9psi with the methobal kit. Reflash to raise the rev, speed gov, and fuel scaler to work STI 566cc pink injectors controlled with AEM FIC. RIPP mods header jet coated to 3" back custom SS exhaust to a Greddy TiC muffler. Greddy type s bov, ngk iridium one step colder plugs, k&n filter, innovative lc1 wideband.

Well had some back timing or heat issued and busted the edged off a piston and ruin 2 plugs and sure my heads look like shit. Also messages up a lifter making the engine tick. I'm sure if I replace the lifter no one could ever tell it happened and just sell the car.

See less See more
#172 ·
No idea, torque plate should be here tomorrowish to finish the honing, reassemble the short block and head work. Hope to have the engine in early September. I need to
Find a shop to swap the motors. Preferably a shop with some turbos laying around that they can retrofit and see what will fit up there behind the motor. If they feel they can make one fit I'll have then boost it there on the spot.

#176 ·
Not a clue at this time. I'm just taking one thing at a time now. Once I get the engine in I'll start back into finding a boost kit. I want to find a shop to install the motor that has a few turbos laying around to see if something will fit in the rear bank behind the engine. If they can fit something I'll have them build it there and be done with it. If not most likely a rear mount or wait for psi to put their supercharger kit... I'm not having a single turbo under the hood with shit everywhere. The 2-3 kits out there lol like total shit. I'm not spending $20000 to have it look like shit

#184 ·
When you remove the stock manifold, the way it bends around and everything how it fits, there is a LOAD of room back there if you do a custom manifold. I'm sure you could do one behind the engine with no problems. Ask Travis, on my Spyder once the stock manifold came out it was cake putting the rear header in there.

#187 ·
So far just in parts/coatings I'm at $5200. Short block should be done over the weekend, then onto the heads...prob stainless steel one piece valves and comp cams beehive springs. After all the machine work and labor to install the motor plus parts I still need for the heads im prob looking at $10k. Just to show what you other guys are getting yourselves into. Prob another 10k in boost...

#188 ·
twilson, i wasnt a member on here way back in the day when you were boosted, so tell me about your past

tell me if i got this right, you owned a GS, boosted it, got sick, bought a GT, boosted it, got sick and sold your kit, now your back at it with the same GT?
why sell your kit in the first place?

#191 ·
Told ya man. There is a buttload of room back there.

#193 ·
True and I wonder how people are tapping into the pan. I know we have a lower and upper pan and I think the upper pan is where you need to tap and it's made of cast aluminum.

As long as you have some kind of gravity drain from the turbo, the pressure will push the oil through. Even if it's only a drop of a couple inches.

#197 ·
Damn dude. Do you have the balance sheet from the balancing?

If so, can you post it up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.