No sound from door speakers - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: A
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
06mivec is on a distinguished road
No sound from door speakers

Hello everyone, First post here!. I just acquired a UV Blue 2006 Eclipse gs 5 speed last week. I was doing some general maintenance including an oil change, air filter, cleaning up the interior etc. I also disconnected the battery terminals as they were extremely corroded so I cleaned them off. The car came installed with a Pioneer AVH-p2400BT touch screen head unit. Now, all speakers were working fine prior to the disconnection of the battery terminals. Ever since then, sound only comes out of the "sub" (correct me if i'm wrong) behind the drivers seat, no sound out of the doors. Does not matter whether I switch to radio, aux, cd etc. Same problem. Any ideas as to where I should start looking? I feel like the radio has gone into some sort of default mode, but I don't know how to get it back out. I've since tried to find a manual of a similar head unit to see if theres anything there but i'm a bit stumped, i've never had a touch screen deck before. Any ideas? Thanks a million!
06mivec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Wttc A - don't know much about audio so hopefully someone else chimes in!

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2017, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
If the sub works, but the door speakers don't, you likely have a loose connection somewhere. The sub and door speakers are both powered from the factory amp under the glovebox. If the sub works, and the speakers don't it's probably a connection issue, rather than a much larger issue. I'd just check the connections, starting behind the radio faceplate, and then in to the door.

Old March 14th, 2017, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. I just find it really odd that they were working before the battery disconnect, and then all of a sudden stopped working. Well, gotta start looking somewhere. I'll post the solution once i actually find time to start snoopin around to find the issue. Thanks!
Old March 14th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonalgeier View Post
If the sub works, but the door speakers don't, you likely have a loose connection somewhere. The sub and door speakers are both powered from the factory amp under the glovebox. If the sub works, and the speakers don't it's probably a connection issue, rather than a much larger issue. I'd just check the connections, starting behind the radio faceplate, and then in to the door.
Sorry my mistake, it turns out the only speakers actually working are the backseat speakers. Both sides work. So the front door speakers and subwoofer in the back trunk are not working. Does this change things a bit with regards to finding the problem?
Old March 14th, 2017, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Braeden
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
Bbilley91 is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same issue actually, from what I've read, the amplifier powers both the front door speakers and the subwoofer. I'm thinking it might be a grounding issue, but I'm not 100% on that one.
Bbilley91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2017, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
Ah-hah. Are you certain they worked before? Or did you just think they worked before? I find it hard to believe that you all of a sudden have a grounding issue. If it was grounded fine before, it'd be pretty hard to mess up the ground that has worked for 10 years. When I first bought my car, there was a shitty Walmart deck installed, and it sounded like everything worked. Then I zoned in and found out that, in fact, the sub and door speakers didn't work. There is a special adapter you need for the factory systems to work with an aftermarket radio. I'd wager you don't have that. So, there are a few options. You can buy the $100 adapter, or you can bypass the amp and run everything separately. It sound's difficult, but it's not really all that bad. It's really easy to pull out the radio face plate. Just pull out that whole center thing, and reach around and unplug your flashers button. Then you can see if you have the Mito-01 adapter. Get back to me when you find it out!
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well, i haven't had time to pull out the head unit yet, but as a mini update, my front speakers and subwoofer in the trunk randomly started working again. Weird. I'm still going to pull the hu soon and see whats up

Tags
06 eclipse, 2006, 5 speed, air filter, aux, car, cleaning, door, drivers, eclipse, eclipse gs, head, how to, interior, manual, oil, oil change, pioneer, problem, seat, sound, speakers, speed, uni, uv blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.