Mito Integration Confusion for 2011 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2011 Eclipse GS
Lee76 is on a distinguished road
Mito Integration Confusion for 2011

Hi there 4'gers.

I posted in a old thread about a week ago but got no answers so maybe a new one will help. It's my first thread so I'm sorry if I'm breaking a rule.

I got a 2011 Eclipse and I love it but I want to replace the head unit and keep the rockford system. On club4G I wasn't able to find info on this subject past a 2008 eclipse.

After lots and lots of searching all around the web I have come to understand I only have 2 options. 1) Get the only amp integration system there is for the eclipse being the Mito 0"?". 2) Ditch the RF amp, gut and rewire the car so that I can still keep the RF speakers. From what I learned the RF amp does not have rca inputs.

Harness is cheaper and easier so I want the Mito amp harness but im not sure what one is the right one. I searched around online as well as club4g and I'm only getting more confused. There are 3 that I have found.

Sorry i can't put links yet but to see pics check out these guys posts/threads:

1) This square black box one. Search for "Sticky: RF amp integration kit now available - Pictures(started by psy-q)"

2) A more round black one. Search for "scosche dash kit and mito-01" (posted by shady032k3)

3) And there's a grey version of the one above.

All of them claim to be the mito 01. Even the Axxess website says it's the square black one but metra says it's the grey rounded one. ebay and google omg just gives bigger headache.

On top of that I don't even know if this will work for my 2011. How many pins are on each connector? The amount of pins on the connectors for my car that go to the rf hu are a 14pin that uses 13 wires. The other is a 22pin that uses 20 wires. On ebay people say the Mito-01 will work for 2006-2010.

Please Please help. I got lots of pictures of the connectors and the amp and the head unit wiring if it's going to help people.
Lee76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
The mito-01 black square box is the one you need. I haven't looked into it but I believe the 2011 They kept the same as all previous years with the rf system.
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't want to confuse others with my error. It's a rectangular black box not square.

Old March 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

MitEclipse07 thank you so much for the reply. Been searching forever to get some decent answers before I go buy this thing for $100+. My carpc is that much closer to being completed. I don't know how they integrated the blue tooth but without the head unit hooked up there seems to be no problems using it still. My last concern is how they added the AUX input that’s in the car. This one I can’t test since you need the head unit to turn the AUX on. It’s the stupidest thing ever that you can’t use the steering wheel controls.

I’ll see if any1 else can shine some light on the issue but within a month I’ll buy the thing and hope nothing blows.
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee76 View Post
MitEclipse07 thank you so much for the reply. Been searching forever to get some decent answers before I go buy this thing for $100+. My carpc is that much closer to being completed. I don't know how they integrated the blue tooth but without the head unit hooked up there seems to be no problems using it still. My last concern is how they added the AUX input thatís in the car. This one I canít test since you need the head unit to turn the AUX on. Itís the stupidest thing ever that you canít use the steering wheel controls.

Iíll see if any1 else can shine some light on the issue but within a month Iíll buy the thing and hope nothing blows.
No problem at all. It's worth it. Awesome product. If you get the mito-01 unit you can also use another product that is called the Pioneer PAC-SWI. Not sure which one it is off the top of my head. Im still at work so really can't look it up for you. But that pioneer unit makes it were you can still use your steering wheel controls for your audio if you would like.
Also if you really use your built in blue tooth, if your afraid of losing it you can purchase a Pioneer double din deck that has a bluetooth with it so you can use the blue tooth off of the deck. The F700BT and newer models should still have them.
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Do the RCA cables plug anywhere, I didn't use the second harness it came with.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilsonD7 View Post
Do the RCA cables plug anywhere, I didn't use the second harness it came with.
Tom are you talking about the rca cables that plug into the mito-01 unit?
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Yes, that whole harness. I don't hook it up or see where it get hooked up too
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

TwilsonD7 from my understanding the rca connectors go into the rca outputs on a head unit.

http://www.installer.com/pdf/mito-01.pdf

WIRING CONNECTIONS TO BE MADE ON THE 14
PIN HARNESS WITH RCA’S:
* NOTE: The RED wire, Blue/Pink, Green and Green/Purple on this harness will
not be used. Tape up wire to prevent any accidental short circuits.
1. Connect the Blue/White wire to the radios amplifier turn on wire.
2. Connect the Brown wire to the radios mute wire. If the radio does not have a
Mute wire just tape up the wire.
3. Connect the White RCA to the radios left front rca output.
4. Connect the Gray RCA to the radios right front rca output.
5. Connect the Green RCA to the radios left rear rca output.
6. Connect the Purple RCA to the radios right rear rca output.
If the radio does not have rca outputs or only 1 pair we recommend the use of
the Axxess ALOC648 or ALOC608 line level convertor (sold separately)
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Most head units don't have 4 RCA outputs...if the mit01 already has the speaker inputs why do they need the RCA? Everything works fine but the sub. Why does the sub need 4 inputs.
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

furrydad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee76 View Post
MitEclipse07 thank you so much for the reply. Been searching forever to get some decent answers before I go buy this thing for $100+. My carpc is that much closer to being completed. I don't know how they integrated the blue tooth but without the head unit hooked up there seems to be no problems using it still. My last concern is how they added the AUX input thatís in the car. This one I canít test since you need the head unit to turn the AUX on. Itís the stupidest thing ever that you canít use the steering wheel controls.

Iíll see if any1 else can shine some light on the issue but within a month Iíll buy the thing and hope nothing blows.
Well you mentioned "carpc", which to me means that you will need to translate your steering wheel controls into something you carpc can read (a Human interface device). There is a product designed to do this. I have no idea if or how it would work with the Mito (I think they can be used as two separate systems - the steering wheel controls would be sent directly to the carpc through a USB port).

Anyway, here's the link

(Because I haven't posted enuf, I can't embed a link .... so instead copy and past this ....)

hxxp://store.mp3car.com/Joycon_EX_Steering_Wheel_Control_PC_Interface_p/com-111.htm]Joycon EX Steering Wheel Control PC Interface

(of course, that should be http to start, but then they think I want to embed a link, which of course it won't let me do)

If this is not what you're doing, then sorry to mislead you.
furrydad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

furrydad: Your 100% right and I have it already thank you. The computer is built + fitted and i have a new double din bezel already. At first I just thought toss in a normal wireing harness and I would be golden. Then half way being done the pc found out the RF don't have RCA inputs + it works with a digital turn on so I had hit a wall. Now things seem to be back on track with this meto-1 info and so I hope to hell nothing has changed on a 2011 and the thing works once I get it.

I'll be posting a parts n build later on once I know it works. Only part I think I may need still is the DTA45 Internal Amplifier to power the tweeters n the 2(or4) rear speakers. They say it can do 4x45watts.

I still need to figure out what wires are the steering wheel ctrls though.

Last edited by Lee76; March 26th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

TwilsonD7: I think it has to do with the fact that on the RF system the OEM head unit gives power to 4 of the speakers. Them being 2 tweeters and the 2(4) rear speakers. I have a system diagram i can send you. Maybe you can figure it out for us cus I really dont know.

I can't seem to find a place where I got the diagram but I can email it to you or something.
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

I will take pictures of mine. Everything wired up and plugged in. Its very easy I promise. And when you go to tune your sounds off the mito-01 unit be careful, don't crank them all the way up. Gonna get alot of feedback and distortion. Alittle goes along way on that unit. So giving you a heads up.
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

I got it working...shit load of wires...are all the speakers not on the amp? I guess all the tweeters go to the stereo and all the woofers go to the amp?
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

I found it. go to this site and you can see the system diagram Rockford Fosgate® - Mitsubishi Eclipse Coupe
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

You def need to turn the front speaker down...
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Kat (Karolyn)
Vehicle: 2011 Spyder GT-P
Ratskat has a spectacular aura about
did you ever get this finished? I would love to see it
Ratskat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
08 eclipse, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2011 eclipse, amp integration, axxess, black, box, car, club, eclipse, head, kit, links, mito, mito-01, rockford, scosche dash kit, speakers, system, top, uni, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.