REMOTE amp wire connection/location and question on speakers. - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2009 eclipse gs
leviathann666 is on a distinguished road
Red face REMOTE amp wire connection/location and question on speakers.

I searched and saw a few posts on possible locations to connect the blue remote amp wire. Don't want to be repetitive but after all your experience where is the best location to connect the wire? headunit? Fuse? I really want to finish this tonight so please help! I have the non RF headunit.

If connected to headunit, which wire do I splice into? Color?
If using the fuse method, which fuse will power the amp ONLY when I turn on the car? (to prevent constant power so battery is not drained)

Second. Im planning on keeping the headunit (already have had cars broken into because of aftermarket HU.

IF I get new speakers, Knowing our non RF headunits have a low rms output, will adding a four channel amp bring the new speakers rms potential?

Thanks
leviathann666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 GT Eclipse
fst-fwd is a jewel in the roughfst-fwd is a jewel in the rough
Buy an ADD A FUSE and a DMM to test which fuse works when the key is turned on.
you can always add an amp, not sure what your asking on the RMS, RMS is root mean square or the power a speaker can take for a long period of time. if you add an amp, i would add new speakers as well, this will give you more power to the new speakers vs. factory.
Black 07 GT, WORKS header back exhaust cat delete,Injen SRI,Outlaw spacers, Stiffy, rear sway bar,underbrace,Strut bar,Tanabe springs,MOMO pedals, Optima battery,BIG3 upgrade, 20" IICrave wheels sitting on 35s', carbon fiber hood, polyurethane front lip, Ipad integrated audio system...
fst-fwd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Selling 4G & Parts.

6 Highscores

Name: Cameron
Vehicle: '07 Eclipse SE
cmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to allcmattox23 is a name known to all
If you upgrade your speakers and add a 4 channel amp it will provide power to those speakers you wired it to..its a lot of time to run the wires though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

follow me @usversusthem
cmattox23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2009 eclipse gs
leviathann666 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys.
What I meant by rms was, with my stock non RF HU, When I put new speakers and add an amp for the new speakers and connect it to the HU. Will the stock HU be able to "deliver" enough juice thru the amp for the new speakers to sound lowder than the stock ones?

The other part was another issue, Im installing a mono amp and sub, the only thing left is to connect the remote wire. From your experience, what cable do I use from the stock headunit to power the amp when the ignition is on? or should I just wrap the remote to a fuse and put the fuse back in?
leviathann666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 GT Eclipse
fst-fwd is a jewel in the roughfst-fwd is a jewel in the rough
If you use the stock headunit you will need a hi/low converter, the amp will get the signal it needs, and the amp will provide the power for the speakers.
Too be honest with you i dont remember which wire it is, but i did use an add a fuse which will have a wire coming out that you can add a remote wire too. I can look tom. And let you know.
Black 07 GT, WORKS header back exhaust cat delete,Injen SRI,Outlaw spacers, Stiffy, rear sway bar,underbrace,Strut bar,Tanabe springs,MOMO pedals, Optima battery,BIG3 upgrade, 20" IICrave wheels sitting on 35s', carbon fiber hood, polyurethane front lip, Ipad integrated audio system...
fst-fwd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aftermarket, battery, blue, broken, car, cars, connection, fuse, headunit, posts, power, question, remote, speakers, wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.