My Review of the Rockford Fosgate Audio system - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
The "Touring" Eclipse

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse SE
HOMESLICE is a jewel in the roughHOMESLICE is a jewel in the rough
My Review of the Rockford Fosgate Audio system

Hey c4g. This is my (somewhat short) unbiased and non technical review for more of our newer members to the 4G community or those who were thinking of upgrading to this system or maybe a selling feature of the car.

So I have owned the Rockford system for almost 3 years that includes 6 CD/MP3/Ipod hookup, and steering wheel controls

I have to say I am impressed for this being "stock".

As a huge music and audio enthusiast (singing and listening to music as a kid and prob since birth lol) I love good sound, music,. and have worked in the car audio industry for around 6+ years, I have worked with 12's, 15's, quad 10's, seen 2 or 3 18's and installed several systems, and have owned 4 cars for several years with different systems and enjoyed the car audio scene.

I have to say this system is almost perfect for the car.
The setup with a 10" woofer does a good job of music reproduction and IMO is ideal. The features of the headunit has an easy to use eq and can be adjusted to personal preference (although I would love a personalized Mic'd EQ to my drivers chair lol)

I also happened to purchase a $21 cable that integrates easily into the headunit that allows for ipod/mp3 hookup and I have to say I thought I was a serious audio gear head with a fairly decent system that I will eventually be replacing once the headuint or spekers blow but this thing just kicks, and keeps sounding so good, I don't even think of needing to replace it for its comfort and ease of use and almost perfect sound quality that is comfortable and not too overwhelming but can still kick.

Also if you happen to own a (i believe) 2010+ GS Premium or GT you can get the rockford with a backup camera and bluetooth (I would love to have!) so if you are thinking of upgrading to these features or thinking of buying an eclipse and enjoy music like I do, I'd listen to this and tune it and get the experience I do and enjoy on my daily commutes.

Modifications: Injen 3" SES Exhaust, Injen CAI, Tanabe Upper/Lower Strut Bars, TWM STS & Shift Knob, Ingalls Torque Damper, Outlaw IM/TB Spacers/TB Bypass, Eibach springs and Sway Bars front and rear, Ichiba Wheel Spacers, Ralliart Eyelids, Tint
6 and above is true love, 5 and below they'll never know
HOMESLICE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Use it or loose it

Name: Martin
Vehicle: 08 gt p
Itsa mitsa 08 gt is a jewel in the roughItsa mitsa 08 gt is a jewel in the rough
Yah,I have to say that it was nice having a decent sound system when I first got the car. I also like to crank the tunes. Nice knowing I could concentrate on upgrading the looks and performance and not have to worry about having a below par sound system. Don't get me wrong,at some point the stereo will be upgraded,but it's a great starting point!

Last edited by Itsa mitsa 08 gt; November 30th, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
Itsa mitsa 08 gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
I cannot agree with you more Homeslice! All my friends are simply amazed at this factory setup don't believe that a single 10" sub can sound so potent. Unless I blow a speaker, I will never mess with the factory audio. Mitsu and Rockford did this one right

O and +erep to u for the write up!

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Paul
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse SE
lf2074 will become famous soon enough
Some how my sub rattles the plastic pieces and my exhaust is too loud to be listening to music unless it's volume is 20+
Mods : Fujita F5 CAI, Dual Magnaflow Race Series Axle-backs, RRE UDP, BC Racing Coilovers, Carbing tower struts, RRE Headers w/ Jet Hot coating, Evo9 Brembos, Girodisc 2-piece floating rotors, Stoptech SS brake lines, Volk Racing Progressiv ME 19s, Nitto Motivo 235/35/19 fronts 255/35/19 rears, Blue dome light, Blue LED footwell lighting, Vis eye lids.
My Member's Ride Thread
lf2074 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Use it or loose it

Name: Martin
Vehicle: 08 gt p
Itsa mitsa 08 gt is a jewel in the roughItsa mitsa 08 gt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lf2074 View Post
Some how my sub rattles the plastic pieces and my exhaust is too loud to be listening to music unless it's volume is 20+
What plastic pieces? If it's the sub enclosure, mine use to do that. I stuck some styrofoam underneath the sub and it got rid of my annoying rattle.
Itsa mitsa 08 gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
The "Touring" Eclipse

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse SE
HOMESLICE is a jewel in the roughHOMESLICE is a jewel in the rough
I unfortunately have an annoying rattle in my drivers side vanity mirror. Gonna kirk the fuk ooot soon gent's if I don't get time to do it.
Modifications: Injen 3" SES Exhaust, Injen CAI, Tanabe Upper/Lower Strut Bars, TWM STS & Shift Knob, Ingalls Torque Damper, Outlaw IM/TB Spacers/TB Bypass, Eibach springs and Sway Bars front and rear, Ichiba Wheel Spacers, Ralliart Eyelids, Tint
6 and above is true love, 5 and below they'll never know
HOMESLICE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
I concur. Its pretty good for what you get. Its really simple and straight forward to use. I actually haven't had the sub in for the last couple years because the speakers are enough for me and I always take it out for suspension stuff. I don't really care about bass anymore. If it sounds good and I'm not fidaling with it all the time I'm happy. I'm really impressed though with the acoustic location options, they're pretty spot on. It sounds great, it doesn't have unnecessary features and is easy to use. Gets a 10/10 from me for a factory. Although I do wish it got a bit louder, might be that my exhaust is just toooo loud
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2010, audio, blue, car, car audio, cars, drivers, eclipse, fosgate, gear, good, headunit, ipod, king, music, review, rockford, rockford fosgate, setup, short, sound, stock, system, tune, wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.