The ultimate guide to Projectors/Halos/HIDs/and how to align it all together - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 103

Name: Jay to the F'N Rod
Vehicle: 69 Cadi (07 Spyder GT)
j-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond repute
The ultimate guide to Projectors/Halos/HIDs/and how to align it all together

to do this right i need break all of the sections up then fill in the blanks afterwards.

Projector and HID How-To writeup exists in Garage.

Projectors.
they come in two finishes Black and Chrome

• when looking at the drivers lamp the bulb to the outside is the blinker (which when installed simply uses ur factory bulb)
  • then continuing in the next light is referred to as a Projector (this has a deflector built in to keep from blinding other drivers)
  • the last light is the High Beam (when u purchase a set of Projectors know that they use H1 style bulbs not H13 like your stock lamps use)
projectors are a great addition to any car but be warned they are not as high of quality as your stock lamps but there is a company named CincityDesigns.com that can replace or improve anything on your stock or projector lamps.

Cons;
  1. the leds above the lights are very cheap and dull
  2. the light clips that hold the lights in the housing break very easly
  3. the halos (the ring around the lights) are dull and seem to burn out fast
  4. they are known to come to the customer with poor seals (this is the seal that is between the clear lamp and the housing) and need to be sealed before installiation
Pros;
  1. a whole new look to the exterior of the car
  2. separates the high and low beams
  3. are inexpensive and allow the owner to buy cheaper light bulbs
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Angel Eyes
are some times referred to as Halos. they represent a ring of light simular to 2000 model bmws.

these can be preformed on the stock 4G lamps.
they sell the kits available online but they are risky and envolved (but if u are a DIYer go ahead a try it out)

but like stated above there is an alternative a company called CinCityDesigns.com can produce this as well as paint and modify the lamps to your wildest dreams.

pros;
  1. you get a new look for a small amount of money
  2. when others get projectors (for the halos) you'll know yours will at least be seen
  3. is custom
cons;
  1. have to take your existing lights out and carefully seperate the lamp (might not be able to drive the car until lights are finished)
  2. could break while installing, the halo could fall off, etc
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

HIDs
are a must have for any vehicle
but in the 4G's case it has a drawback
the HIDs require you to disable the DRLs (Daytime Runing Lights)
  • Stock Lamps only have one bulb so to have Low and High beams you'd need to buy Bi-Xeon H13s (have yet to be told of a PLUG and PLAY set).
  • Projectors allow you to buy two sets of much cheaper H1s (which are plug and play)
to lean how to disable the DRLs. refer to this link. (i would advise you to simply bend the post. Do not remove it completely)
HOW TO: Disable Day Time Running Lights (DRL)

aligning Stock Lamps with HIDs
follow this link
http://club4g.org/board/electronics-...eadlights.html

Last edited by j-rod; January 20th, 2009 at 08:39 AM.
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
<3's bewbz

Name: Renato
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GS
LPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud of
is there any specific voltage for the H1 bulb? lol I don't even know if that's a legitimate question all I kno is my passenger headlight went out yesterday nd now I need a new bulb lol...sorry I can't search either I'm on my fone
LPfenix182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
<3's bewbz

Name: Renato
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GS
LPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud ofLPfenix182 has much to be proud of
nvm..got it cause im awesome

Old January 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

ppimpbyblood11 is on a distinguished road
very good write up
ppimpbyblood11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
a=dv/dt

Name: Matthew
Vehicle: 2008 ECLIPSE GS
Matt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I love you

Selling E4E rear and sides, will need to be refinished and repainted. Pm me
Matt-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores

j-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond repute
will also do a how to install HIDs as well when i get time
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GS
Mitsuwhat is on a distinguished road
Has there been a How to HID intall on stock lamps been made? I thought I remember seeing it but cant seem to find it now. Even through search.

NVM I GOT IT!

Did I really miss the HUGE lettering on the top of this thread....

Last edited by Mitsuwhat; February 2nd, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
Mitsuwhat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
"Panty Dropper"

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
REDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond repute
yeh but theres nothing showing how to install hids to regular headlights.unless im missing something
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
"Panty Dropper"

REDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond repute
nvm haha
Old February 20th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
just me.

Name: Mark
Vehicle: 07/GS/MT
XEN_owner is on a distinguished road
how do u seal the projectors? both head and tail lights? and how do you install HID's?
Fujita CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Tein S-Tech Springs, Tenzo type R weight Shift Knob, Nokya E- Brake Handle, Ralco Short Shifter, Black Projector Head lights, Black LED Tail lights, Halo Fog Lights, 12k HID, pioneer single din DVD player and 18 inch black and silver lining Dolce rims, and Carbon Creation Carbon Fiber Trunk Latch.
XEN_owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sharpie Guy

Vehicle: 2008 SE
jared15421 is a jewel in the roughjared15421 is a jewel in the rough
Do you have to remove the bumper in order to take the headlights out?
jared15421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
a=dv/dt

Name: Matthew
Vehicle: 2008 ECLIPSE GS
Matt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond repute
yes, see the write up in the garage

Selling E4E rear and sides, will need to be refinished and repainted. Pm me
Matt-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores

Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
can somebody please tell me how to adjust the HID bulbs?? i just installed them and the right one is sorta weak and the left one is hella bright with a big circular beam of lighta.. almsot as its focusing in on a circular spot??

plz help?!?!

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
I'm Rich Bitch!

Name: Anthony
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
Ghost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud ofGhost has much to be proud of
I got the same problem cept my shit points at the ground and it doesn't shine far out its just like 5 feet
18" HPD Cool Down Rims Projector Headlights Black LED Tail-Lights Import Trens Carbon Fiber Hood Import Trens Carbon Fiber Fenders Cucso StrutTower Bar Fujita CAI Magnaflow Catback Exhaust RRE Headers Tanabe Underbrace Bar 2 12' JL W6V2 with a JL 1000.1/2 amp with a Jensen flip out head unit Eclipse SE 6.9's Eclipse SE 6.5's with JL tweeters Planet audio 400.4. 10k hids Compustar alarm Drilled/slotted rotors ss break lines.Prokit.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
ghost have u tried adjusting the headlights??? like the projectors them selves!?

Just
It

In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
behind your projector housing, you're gonna see/feel two 8mm socket screws. One will be on the left hand side of the low beam, and the other one will be on the right hand side. The one that's closest to the fender will be the one that adjusts the up/down beam, and the one that's close to the radiator will adjust left/right.
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
^ what have you not screwed with yet alex
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
the chick that sits next to me
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

ya what he said^

but how do u adjust the bulb.... so this doesnt happen??

My left on is fine but my right.. like wtf?
Do i have them in crooked or what?? upside down maybe?

Here both of them together

heres the left by itself

And the right...

Just
It

Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

both of my bulbs only went in one way because of the following stick thingy

so I don't think there are multiple ways to get those HID's in there. Please correct me if I'm wrong. you may just need to adjust them.

mine were kinda like that too. One of them was perfect lighting up the trees and the ditch, and the other one was like literally not there pointing at the fog lights

I'll check that for you whenever I get home.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

that would be awsome! but the thing is i alrdy have them adjusted the headlights!! c/ i had to adjsut them when i installed them.... so idk! i think i might have put it in differently... it was sorta hard to put in.. it wsa RLLLLLYY snug i wsa almost forcing it! but both were like that so idk

but id appreciate it alot!!

Just
It

Old May 24th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

any one??

Just
It

Old May 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

I couldn't find anything else to move/adjust

deffective housing?
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

lol naw i figured it out.. ididnt have to bulb sitting right! there was a wire int eh way and i thought it was in all the way but i readjusted the bulbs an theyre fine now...

But thanks again alboe for checking... i really appreciate it!

Just
It

Old May 24th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS / SunsetP
OhioGS is on a distinguished road
awesome thread.. glad I found this
OhioGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 GT Spyder
redlenses has a spectacular aura about
So a few questions:

2006-2008 stock headlights have one main light that is used for DRL, low beam, and high beam, correct? The low beam is used for both the DRLs and low beam depending on the voltage being sent (hence the problem with using an HID in DRL mode)? The high beam uses an independent power line right?

2009 stock are HIDs right? Are the bi-xenon? How does DRL work on 2009 stock headlights - i.e. do they have different wiring so that the HID is lit with full voltage when in DRL mode? Are the 2009 headlights plug and play with 2006-2008 models i.e. can you swap the full headlight housing?

Are HID upgrades to 2006-2008 stock headlights legal in California? Does any of this void the electrical warranty?

When people put Halos in their cars, do they use them for DRL? Is that legal? Or are halos usually on their own custom switch?

For the projector lights in the first pictures, what triggers the top LEDs coming on? What triggers the Halos coming on? What about the two little lights next to the LEDs? Does this light housing work as a direct replacement, i.e. do DRLs work?

Are all "projector" lights (for the eclipse) HIDs? i.e. there aren't halogen projectors on any eclipses are there?

Last edited by redlenses; January 2nd, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
redlenses is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

From what I've heard, Stock Projectors include a second halogen bulb to do DRL.

For the Aftermarket projectors, do they include a halogen bulb for DRL? Are the Halos & LEDs run off the DRL or parking lights or what?

Last edited by redlenses; February 26th, 2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old January 31st, 2010, 01:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
"Panty Dropper"

so when i order the projectors im going to have to go with the H1 HID kit instead of the h13 kit i have now?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Name: Modi
Vehicle: 2010 GT
Emoq8 is on a distinguished road
sounds cool ;p
Emoq8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM   #32 (permalink)

Bump - hoping someone will answer
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlenses View Post
So a few questions:

2006-2008 stock headlights have one main light that is used for DRL, low beam, and high beam, correct? The low beam is used for both the DRLs and low beam depending on the voltage being sent (hence the problem with using an HID in DRL mode)? The high beam uses an independent power line right?
Correct. Independent? I couldn't tell you. Maybe there is a resister or something in the plug... Who knows. Its a mystery. ;]
2009 stock are HIDs right?
Wrong. My 09 came with halogens.
Are the bi-xenon?
Read above answer.
How does DRL work on 2009 stock headlights - i.e. do they have different wiring so that the HID is lit with full voltage when in DRL mode?
Not sure, because Its an option to get HID, not standard. I'm pretty sure that its bi-xenon, so the shutter is simply shifted, while the power outtage is the same. Don't qoute me. This is hypothetical.
Are the 2009 headlights plug and play with 2006-2008 models i.e. can you swap the full headlight housing?
Uhmm, I don't believe so. There were members who have done this before, with extreme hassle I believeee...
Are HID upgrades to 2006-2008 stock headlights legal in California? Does any of this void the electrical warranty?
If its an Halogen based headlight, then yes. Thats illegal.
When people put Halos in their cars, do they use them for DRL? Is that legal? Or are halos usually on their own custom switch?
Halo's? I believe those are ALL legal except Blinking red/blue colors. They can be ran with a switch, or run parallel with your parking lights.
For the projector lights in the first pictures, what triggers the top LEDs coming on?
What ever you want. If you hooked them to a switch, than the switch. If you put them in with the parking lights, then those.
What triggers the Halos coming on? What about the two little lights next to the LEDs?
Read above.
Does this light housing work as a direct replacement, i.e. do DRLs work?
Yes it should. The DRL's will cause flicker. Leading you, to disable them by bending the correct pin. (Search button, Disable DRL)
Are all "projector" lights (for the eclipse) HIDs? i.e. there aren't halogen projectors on any eclipses are there?
The reason for "Projectors" is to Angle that Massive amount of light beam to the road effectively, without passing glare to the oncoming driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlenses View Post
From what I've heard, Stock Projectors include a second halogen bulb to do DRL.
I'll pass on this question.
For the Aftermarket projectors, do they include a halogen bulb for DRL? Are the Halos & LEDs run off the DRL or parking lights or what?
The halogen in A,M. headlights are your "High beams" Your H.I.D.'s are "Low beams" There fore, your Drl's... That will cause Flicker though, so you need to disable it. And yes, The Extra Lights run off the parking light.

I ANSWERED THESE TO HELP PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR QUESTIONS, I WAS FEELING PRODUCTIVE.

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Long live the queen.

Name: Christina
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/SE
MissChriss will become famous soon enough
Would you happen to know what bulb size the halo/angel eyes are? My friend has the dual halo lights for his mazdaspeed and he was able to change the inner ring to blue, but doesn't know what size it was because he got it professionally done.

Let me know, and if I'm asking the wrong question in the wrong thread, I apologize. I figured it was better than starting a new thread.

2007 Eclipse SE----CLICK ME!
MissChriss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
KJR

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
KJR is on a distinguished road
I clicked on the link on "How to disable DRL" but my question is where is the red ecu that I need to bend? I couldnt view the pictures posted on that thread. Currently my lights flicker during the day obviously due to the DRLs.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Long live the queen.

Name: Christina
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/SE
MissChriss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
I clicked on the link on "How to disable DRL" but my question is where is the red ecu that I need to bend? I couldnt view the pictures posted on that thread. Currently my lights flicker during the day obviously due to the DRLs.
When you open the box there's another smaller box to the right if you're on the driver side of the car. The ECU that you need is in there. It helps with the pictures though.
Don't be discouraged if you can't find it. It took me an hour to figure out where it was until I realized there was another small box to open.

2007 Eclipse SE----CLICK ME!
MissChriss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
KJR

So theres a smaller box inside the ECU I need to open?
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
KJR

Nvm I got it. I was able to viewthe pictures on a different computer. That was a easy fix . Good guide.
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 gs
ironic.irony1 is on a distinguished road
Hey all. I lost to a parked car the other day. Yeah, it was parked, yeah, I hit it. Anyway, it broke my RH headlight assembly. I upgraded my '08 OEM bulbs with HIDs and LOVE them. They run all the time, even during the day due to the daylight running lights - but that's fine, I don't mind. My problem is this - a new OEM headlight assemble is a few hundred new, and about $120-160 on ebay including shipping. Like I said, I love the OEM lenses with my HID upgrade, but if I'm going to spend the money, should I consider looking at the more prolific dual projector assemblies. I'm not too keen on the LEDs - the halos might be kinda cool, but I'm more concerned with putting light on the road. I'm not advertising for these guys, but they seem to have a popular looking model of the projector/halo assemblies available on ebay. Any direction / advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate driving my car with a 'patched' lens so I want to do this as soon as possible. But I don't what to buy some crap assembly that is gonna leak or crack or whatever. I have the joy of -30 - +30 weather throughout the year, plus sand and gravel in the winter so I don't want some cheap lens that's gonna scratch either. So - stock or after market? And if after market - anyone have a good experience they'd like to share? I do A LOT of night driving.

While I'm on the subject of lights, I have a GS with no OEM fog lights. My car seems to have all the wiring harness parts already installed, just no lights, and no switch. Any suggestions on fogs too? Like to keep the same color temp as my HIDs - which are pure white - no blue tint.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=140678703426

Last edited by ironic.irony1; March 9th, 2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: added link for pic
ironic.irony1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 Mitsu Eclipse GS
dsm2mivec is a jewel in the roughdsm2mivec is a jewel in the rough
is there a hi/lo kit for h1 aftermarket projectors? i have read almost every thread on here and search the interwebz and i can't find a thing:/

plus this is kinda urgent both my headlights are out and i need to get this done tonight

Tags
2006, angel, audio, black, bulb, buy, car, day, eclipse, electronics, eyes, h13, headlights, hid, housing, how to, install, kits, lighting, paint, projector, projectors, sell, show, stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.