How to remove door panels/and install new speakers. - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Do It Yourself Guides (Howto) > Audio

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Kenne
Vehicle: 2007 WRX, 2000 Dakota
DC13 will become famous soon enough
How to remove door panels/and install new speakers.

Ok so I have been seeing alot of how do you install new speakers or remove the door panel so here is what I did a while ago.

ok well here is the tut im starting to work on.

First this was a close to 2hour thing for just the doors mainly cause well I was scared to hurt the car since I wanted this job to be perfect. and at this time its not even close so ya.

First are what you need.
a screw drive both - and +
10mm deep socket with an extender and a ratchet
something strong to undo the clips on the door panel

somethings you might want
wire cutter
electrical tape

or

something (i dont know what its called) but it makes the adapter fit into another adapter to go into a coax.

First I took out all the screws and where I thought would be screws. like in the normal areas.
2 on the out side of the panel.
1 on the cup where the air goes through.
1 where the door handle is.
next was the 10mm bolts on the door handle
so I poped off the cover and on both ends were 2 bolts.

Now undo all of the clips that are holding the door they are very hard to get off and looked strong so just get it off. By sliding something the a flat ended screw driver thats been taped so you dont scratch the car.

Now Just pull up you will have to swing the bottom of the panel away from the door just a tad and pull up. It will seem like you are stuck but after spending 15min loking for other bolts I found out that there isnt any so just pull UP.
Then disconnect the window/lock control wire from the door panel.

Next I took off the speakers it has foam around the side to keep the vib. down and is sticky so just take the flat ended screw driver and just pop it off.
Next I myself thought that it came as a coax so I didnt get the adapter so I ended up splicing the cables into coax. Both wires give a 12V + according to 3 multi meters so I to the Black and Blue wire with the White and Black and the Blue and White with the all White for both sides.

Now I took off the plastic adapter that mounts the 6x9 to the door and put the wire between the two mainly to keep things attached.

Then I hooked up the speakers.

Then once that was all done I turned the car on and listened to the music and because these were 3ways I had to turn the TREB way down to -6

Then I put the trim on.
First put where the window goes the weather inner strip on first and then things will fall/swing into place.
Now tighten the bolts not to tight but firm so you dont strip the plastic thats holding the screws.

and now you are done.
CAI, VF52 at 22PSI. OS Tuned.
DC13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Name: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT
Animefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really nice
Thanks for this. Going to be switching to new speakers this weekend and will greatly help.
Animefreak1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

lol no prob didnt know this was still up cool glad it helped.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Animefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really nice
Should be moved to the how to section or at least sticky'ed .
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Don't happen to have one of these for the rear speakers do you?
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 GT
bk3939 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow I bet if you do more of these you could make some money. Looking at this makes me feel comfortable in doing this setup. Very Detailed Good Job
bk3939 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dont have the car any more since i went to a 350z and a super charged dodge dakota. Not in it for the money. But thanks. I know u need to remove the seats, and the side panel is clipped in.
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Woody

Name: Nick
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NWood92 is on a distinguished road
How do you like the sound from Pioneer?

One of my speakers is going out. Was thinking of doing the whole sound system with 1 company of speakers. was thinking of Pioneer for the whole sound.

Do you like your Pioneers? or would you rather get something else?

PM me back ASAP
NWood92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
air, black, blue, bolts, clips, cover, door, door panel, drive, fit, flat, handle, how to, install, lock, mounts, music, remove, rim, rip, speakers, starting, white, window, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.