The only 5G Eclipse and Concept-RA Thread - Page 12 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Automotive News

Automotive News Latest in news in the automotive industry.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2013, 12:30 AM   #441 (permalink)

Name: Garrett
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GS
gblanton13 is on a distinguished road
You can never trust a concept vehicle. Only on the occasion they actually fulfill and manufacture concepts as prime car. The last article i read said the 4G is the last generation for eclipse, unless they do like chevy did with camero and take it off the market and bring it back so it will sell like twinkies when they were going away.
gblanton13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM   #442 (permalink)

2 Highscores

Vehicle: 2007 Mitsu Eclipse SE
EclipseMua507 will become famous soon enough
the new Mitsubishi Mirage release proves that Mitsubishi recycles old models into new production platforms. sadly the drive toward new eco friendly cars has pushed Mitsubishi into a phase where sports cars have sunken to a critically low point on the production scale. i do hope to see a 5G eclipse down the road, since the Eclipse did survive a very long period of time as an iconic car. lets keep our hopes up and show our 4G pride to the world and maybe, just maybe Mitsubishi will consider releasing the Eclipse again in the next 10 years or so.
EclipseMua507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2013, 12:18 AM   #443 (permalink)

Name: Garrett
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GS
gblanton13 is on a distinguished road
On the bright side if they dont make a 5g we have the last gen. Maybe that will raise our trade in values haha
gblanton13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #444 (permalink)

Name: Aaron
Vehicle: 2009/Galant/Ralliart
Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
theyve confirmed bringing back the galant for 2015, the eclipse wont be far behind, just dont know if they'll keep the name
Old November 5th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #445 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT SE
blkwings is on a distinguished road
Looks like that '2015 Galant' might be Renault based...

Mitsubishi Will Survive In The U.S. By Selling
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #446 (permalink)

Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
Eh. Who knows what to think of that. Everything else I've seen says it will be a slightly toned down zt concept. They don't have to team up with other brands. They need to get their head out of their ass and put more effort into the automotive division of the company
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #447 (permalink)

Well I agree w/ you 100%, but the CEO said last week their focus is on CUVs and EVs, so not sure if they'll have the money or capacity to create a new mid-size platform. That doesn't bode well for Galant that's not a rebadge or new Eclipse at all. I know they had a huge amount of debt to pay off, and they've been focusing R&D on more environmentally friendly tech, but it blows my mind they only have the new Outlander and the 3 more CUV concepts to show for in the last 5 years or so. I just pretend the iMiev never happened.
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #448 (permalink)

The original "here's the new shit" year was supposed to be 2015 so I guess we'll see what we see near the end of next year.. Or the middle of next year. Whenever they push them out
Old December 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #449 (permalink)

Name: Paul
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse SE
lf2074 will become famous soon enough
Hey, have you guys seen this Eclipse-R Concept?
https://www.behance.net/gallery/Mits...-2015/10962739
Mods : Fujita F5 CAI, Dual Magnaflow Race Series Axle-backs, RRE UDP, BC Racing Coilovers, Carbing tower struts, RRE Headers w/ Jet Hot coating, Evo9 Brembos, Girodisc 2-piece floating rotors, Stoptech SS brake lines, Volk Racing Progressiv ME 19s, Nitto Motivo 235/35/19 fronts 255/35/19 rears, Blue dome light, Blue LED footwell lighting, Vis eye lids.
My Member's Ride Thread
lf2074 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #450 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
One could only dream Nevertheless it looks too edgy imo. Sharp cut lines have never been the Eclipse's style. However I do like the aggressiveness.

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #451 (permalink)
Use it or loose it

Name: Martin
Vehicle: 08 gt p
Itsa mitsa 08 gt is a jewel in the roughItsa mitsa 08 gt is a jewel in the rough
I like that. Just looked at the pics. Anything in there about being at least rwd in that concept?
Itsa mitsa 08 gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #452 (permalink)

More details on the design concept here at Jalopnik:
Designer Makes New Mitsubishi Eclipse For Those Who Want It To Be 2001
Of course the 4G gets much hate in the comments, as usual, so go and defend our honor!

Even if Mitsubishi had any intentions of a 5G, I can't imagine it would be a 2015 model at their pace, and certainly not w/ current CEO. This concept looks ok to me, though front grill is pretty intense, so many lines compared to 4G!
Old December 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #453 (permalink)

IF that happens. they better not go with a front end like that. the back looks amazing. a lot pulled from the 2g. but the front looks terrible. there's a much better way to tie in the new style headlights. that isnt it.
Old December 20th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #454 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infliction View Post
IF that happens. they better not go with a front end like that. the back looks amazing. a lot pulled from the 2g. but the front looks terrible. there's a much better way to tie in the new style headlights. that isnt it.
When I saw the yellow one I couldn't help but think the front looked like Wario's face with that over aggressive mustache.
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #455 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

Name: -
Vehicle: 1999 Galant
fox_brand is a jewel in the roughfox_brand is a jewel in the rough
I genuinely like the way that concept looks, if it gets build, which I hope it does, it is likely that the biggest styling change would be that the front end would probably be a bit less angular, which would be a little bit of a shame, it looks production ready

and this picture, this more echoes hints of the FTO more than the first and second generation Eclipses in my eyes

but, am I the only one that thinks that back end looks a lot like a Jaguar or a Lotus?

I know that Mitsubishi has stated that the EVO XI will likely be built on a Renault/Nissan platform, but I honestly think they should keep using the Lancer platform, or at least update it, that seems to be what Mitsubishi has been using in all their none cross over, SUV and the i-MIEV vehicles over the last few years, and by the looks of it, it seems like a very adaptable platform and I am willing to bet they have spent a huge amount of money in making it that way as since the discontinuing of the 9g Galant and the 4g Eclipse (which they shared with that generation's Montero), they pretty much have 3 platforms to work with. They also will be using the Lancer platform with the Mirage anyway, so it would seem more economic to use this platform anyway rather than using somebody else's, that is, if the Renault/Nissan platform does offer better performance, if it is, I am not opposed to it. I y if would even be happthey called in a favor to Chrysler and/or Hyundai/Kia to use one of their existing platforms as they kind of owe them as a huge volume of their past passenger vehicles where off an Mitsubishi platform and they both continue to use technology that has origins with Mitsubishi.
sorry for the rant there, I tend to get a little hyper when I don't get much sleep

Last edited by fox_brand; December 20th, 2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer, my rare downfall, but never context
fox_brand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #456 (permalink)

youre right on tho. thats fine with me if they use something from hyundai or kia. i would never buy something under those names, but i know where it came from. good for them finally stepping out on their own and selling to the ignorant do what they're told car buyers. but they owe it all to mitsu. so does chrysler, but what do they really have to offer? mitsu cant do anything with the challenger platform.. i wouldnt think.

oh, and the fto thing. thats exactly what they need to do. combine the eclipse and the fto. the eclipse is too big and heavy to compete now. how about a smaller (lancer platform) coupe with options like a small displacement turbo or and the new 3.0 v6 out of the outlander. then the option of either front wheel drive or all wheel drive. done done and done. that'll save them. and its so easy to do. it can even be a turbo diesel for the greener way they want to go.

Last edited by Infliction; December 20th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
Infliction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #457 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

Name: -
Vehicle: 1999 Galant
fox_brand is a jewel in the roughfox_brand is a jewel in the rough
I honestly would be fine if they used the Challanger platform, while that would be a bit weird, as it is big and heavy (in relative, if it has at least a v8, less so, although if it is a v8, my very awesome machinist will buy one as long as the engine is from Mitsubishi), but if Mitsubishi uses the Genesis Coupe platform, I could see that as a far better platform to build off of (as far as building a sports car that isn't a huge engined muscle car, where extra weight could be useful)
fox_brand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:41 PM   #458 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 3

Name: Isamu
Vehicle: 300zx(TT) nismo 370z(T)
Isamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant future
that's not even an official concept... check the fb thread on that, I made the front look better
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:33 PM   #459 (permalink)

Yeah I know not an official concept. I checked mitsus site. But something is in the works. We just have to wait
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:32 PM   #460 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 3

Name: Isamu
Vehicle: 300zx(TT) nismo 370z(T)
Isamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infliction View Post
Yeah I know not an official concept. I checked mitsus site. But something is in the works. We just have to wait
like they wanna pull out of the us!? lol
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:49 AM   #461 (permalink)

Dealer confirmed new montero (or just imported current montero) and an all new sedan to be a little bigger than the lancer. Within the next 2 years
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #462 (permalink)
Mr. Offensive

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Phantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant future
Looks more like the KIA Forte concept

Follow the official Club4G Instagram at @club4g
Phantom_4G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #463 (permalink)

As long as they don't do whatever the hell Kia did to make the 18" wheels look small on the optima
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #464 (permalink)
daniyalr

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_brand View Post
I genuinely like the way that concept looks, if it gets build, which I hope it does, it is likely that the biggest styling change would be that the front end would probably be a bit less angular, which would be a little bit of a shame, it looks production ready

and this picture, this more echoes hints of the FTO more than the first and second generation Eclipses in my eyes

but, am I the only one that thinks that back end looks a lot like a Jaguar or a Lotus?

I know that Mitsubishi has stated that the EVO XI will likely be built on a Renault/Nissan platform, but I honestly think they should keep using the Lancer platform, or at least update it, that seems to be what Mitsubishi has been using in all their none cross over, SUV and the i-MIEV vehicles over the last few years, and by the looks of it, it seems like a very adaptable platform and I am willing to bet they have spent a huge amount of money in making it that way as since the discontinuing of the 9g Galant and the 4g Eclipse (which they shared with that generation's Montero), they pretty much have 3 platforms to work with. They also will be using the Lancer platform with the Mirage anyway, so it would seem more economic to use this platform anyway rather than using somebody else's, that is, if the Renault/Nissan platform does offer better performance, if it is, I am not opposed to it. I y if would even be happthey called in a favor to Chrysler and/or Hyundai/Kia to use one of their existing platforms as they kind of owe them as a huge volume of their past passenger vehicles where off an Mitsubishi platform and they both continue to use technology that has origins with Mitsubishi.
sorry for the rant there, I tend to get a little hyper when I don't get much sleep
The front is not bad...love the back...looks amazing!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2014, 01:48 PM   #465 (permalink)

Name: Steven
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse se
Grsupercity is on a distinguished road
I would buy that car right now. Make It turbo awd and maybe I would buy two!
Grsupercity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #466 (permalink)
CerealKeller

Name: Dave
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
cerealkeller is on a distinguished road
I found some more realistic stuff for a new 2015 Eclipse R, still a concept at this point, but it could come through

2015 Mitsubishi Eclipse R Concept

with some specs

2015 Mitsubishi Eclipse Price and Specs | 2015 Concept Cars
cerealkeller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #467 (permalink)

Name: Darin
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GST
kingdarin8484 will become famous soon enough
Yeah I like the side and back but the front end just doesn't fit for me. It looks too separated and just doesn't have that flow that all eclipses have. It kinda reminds me of an origami bird or something in the middle. Hopefully they do something with a turbo and or awd as an option. They need to come back with a bang if they want customers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old June 23rd, 2014, 06:20 AM   #468 (permalink)
CerealKeller

Name: Dave
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
cerealkeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdarin8484 View Post
Yeah I like the side and back but the front end just doesn't fit for me. It looks too separated and just doesn't have that flow that all eclipses have. It kinda reminds me of an origami bird or something in the middle. Hopefully they do something with a turbo and or awd as an option. They need to come back with a bang if they want customers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Totally agreed. I do like the look of the rear end though. You're right about the performance. There are a lot of manufacturers offering AWD now on cars you wouldn't have expected to see it. Like the new Ford Taurus, Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300... Any kind of forced induction would be a very welcome addition, making it a lot easier for those of us wanting to do mods. But the thing is, they could easily tune the V6 for 300 HP naturally aspirated. I don't know why they don't do it. It would definitely make it far more appealing. Especially for how heavy it is. I assume it would be similar in weight to the 4G. One good thing though, if they do release this car with a 3.8L Mivec, there's a chance that there could be some new after market parts that might fit the 4Gs. Or even stock parts possibly. I'd like to see a ported throttle body and a better intake from the factory, and definitely a better diff.
cerealkeller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #469 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Dark_Eclipse is on a distinguished road
Mitsubishi needs to make this car. Their lineup right now sucks. I drive by one of the last Mitsubishi dealerships I know of and all I see are those tiny little gas sippers in their lots. :SadFace:
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:06 PM   #470 (permalink)

Name: Trey
Vehicle: 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Chipmunk is on a distinguished road
Lol if this car gets made, and is to expectations, I will literally pick up pennies off the ground to safe some money to buy the car
Chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2015, 12:49 AM   #471 (permalink)

2 Highscores

Vehicle: 2007 Mitsu Eclipse SE
EclipseMua507 will become famous soon enough
i have wine jars stacking up change right now, it may be a lost cause but i have hope. rumor around the local dealership is that Mitsu may revive the Eclipse in 2018. i should have plenty of change saved by then :0
EclipseMua507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2016, 12:54 PM   #472 (permalink)

Name: Rich
Vehicle: 2011 eclipse GS Carbon
Bassclips is on a distinguished road
Front end WTF!
Rear end looks awesome...
Front looks to piecesed together to make a front end....
Bassclips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2007, 2008, application, auto, clutch, concept, eclipse, engine, mitsubishi, performance, shop, show, super, transmission, wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.