The only 5G Eclipse and Concept-RA Thread - Page 5 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Automotive News

Automotive News Latest in news in the automotive industry.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #161 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
why do I only see space for 2 people? I think I have to go to my podiatrist to check my vision
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #162 (permalink)
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 95 Eclipse GSX
Justin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBOE View Post
The problem with that is that if people don't like the neither the eclipse nor the evo, all that money invested on those 2 cars will go down the drain rather than just having to deal with one bad investment, so the bad investment will be double.

what about launching at 360awhp while having sex
Id blow my load as soon as i dropped the clutch.

My Hustle never stop like a car with bad brakes.
'95 GSX/6 Bolt Swapped/HX35/Custom SMIM/FP Intake/2.5" Short Route IC Piping/Greddy Type S BOV/Big FMIC/750cc FIC's/Chipped EPROM ECU/DsmLink V3/AEM UEGO/AEM TruBoost/B&M STS/Punishment Racing radiator w/2x slimfans/BBS RX 17" Powdercoated GunMetal
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #163 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
EclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to all
^^^ hahaha

Old June 7th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #164 (permalink)

Location: At a Redlight, between fat SUV drivers talking on cell phones about nothing, Alabama
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
EclipseReloaded is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up One RAd Muthaphucker!

I saw this video on Youtube on the RA-Concept (5G Eclipse) and wanted to post it up here for my fellow Eclipse brothers who may not have seen it yet...

> TRY to keep your eyes from popping out of your head and rolling across your keyboard:

YouTube - Roadfly.com - Mitsubishi Concept RA

I still think that the diesel engine is just for the concept model (much like the backup electric motor in the 4G's E-Concept)and that the actual 5G Eclipse (2012 model arriving in 2011) will probably be offered as a base 4cylinder 2.4L and GT or GS-T turbo 4 cyl. model...I'd imagine a detuned EVO X engine outputting around 260 horsepower with a leaner curbweight around 3100 pounds since the design dictate has been for the next generation Eclipse to be smaller and lighter like its 2G ('95-'99) predecessor...and the Paddle Shifters...

06 GTAero body kit/19" RPM wheels/Falken 452 tires/WW wing/AEM cai/Projector headlights

Last edited by EclipseReloaded; June 7th, 2009 at 12:31 AM.
EclipseReloaded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #165 (permalink)
This is MY time

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT-SE
ReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud of
Don't know if this video was posted before, but here goes nothing...

Fujita CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust,
18x9.75 Chromium Black XXR 530s w/ Potenzas,
Eibach Pro Kit Springs, 20% tint, Vision-style Eyelids,
Custom-Painted front bumper, 6000K HIDs...
ReggaeRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #166 (permalink)
This is MY time

ReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud of
BUMP, I figured no one saw my last post.

Old June 8th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #167 (permalink)

EclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to allEclipseChick08 is a name known to all
I want it.
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #168 (permalink)
"Panty Dropper"

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
REDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond repute
^twss
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #169 (permalink)
"Panty Dropper"

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
REDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond reputeREDLiNE has a reputation beyond repute
I want the 09 gt. Really bad
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #170 (permalink)
This is MY time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseChick08 View Post
Haha. My car, food, and bf are my hobbies. All 3 take my cash. XD
Wait, what?! Your bf takes your cash?
I call BS!
We all know it's probably the other way around...!

Old June 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #171 (permalink)
Driving Slow

bhudrei will become famous soon enough
^^lmao hahahaaha
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #172 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006/Mitsubishi/EclipseGT
freak_power is an unknown quantity at this point
Mitsubishi is missing it big time here. They need to keep current V6 3.8 Engine and add Turbo on it to get around 450 HP/Torque and make it all to be AWD or RWD. A bit of redesigned body with better suspension, exhaust system and bigger brakes. Going with Turbo Diesel engine and putting 200HP and 300 Torque is a waste of money and time.

As second option they could go with Evo X Engine, 2.0L Turbo putting 400 HP/Torque. That is new Evo only for Europe.

I would keep the current 3.8 engine and make stronger internal parts so it safely runs turbo putting 450HP/Torque on AWD system. That's they need. They already have engine, just get turbo for it and install everything in new body!!!!!
freak_power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:22 PM   #173 (permalink)

Name: Aaron
Vehicle: 2009/Galant/Ralliart
Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak_power View Post
Mitsubishi is missing it big time here. They need to keep current V6 3.8 Engine and add Turbo on it to get around 450 HP/Torque and make it all to be AWD or RWD. A bit of redesigned body with better suspension, exhaust system and bigger brakes. Going with Turbo Diesel engine and putting 200HP and 300 Torque is a waste of money and time.

As second option they could go with Evo X Engine, 2.0L Turbo putting 400 HP/Torque. That is new Evo only for Europe.

I would keep the current 3.8 engine and make stronger internal parts so it safely runs turbo putting 450HP/Torque on AWD system. That's they need. They already have engine, just get turbo for it and install everything in new body!!!!!
ummm.. yeah, that'd be nice, only tuners would stay away from them. for one. the tuning is done. second, they'd seriously raise the price if they put that much power in them. they'd jump into the high end sports car market. competing with vettes and other old man cars
i honestly think they would lose business if they did that. as others have already said, a lot of us like to build the car up ourselves, in our own ways.
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaeRampage View Post
Wait, what?! Your bf takes your cash?
I call BS!
We all know it's probably the other way around...!
Lol, he doesn't take it willingly, and not in the actual form of cash. I like to buy people things, I like to make them happy. So I show up with stuff for him. (Little stuff, but the way he gets pissed it funny, which makes me wanna do it more.) I rarely let him get me anything.
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infliction View Post
ummm.. yeah, that'd be nice, only tuners would stay away from them. for one. the tuning is done. second, they'd seriously raise the price if they put that much power in them. they'd jump into the high end sports car market. competing with vettes and other old man cars
i honestly think they would lose business if they did that. as others have already said, a lot of us like to build the car up ourselves, in our own ways.
True, but even if they offered it as an engine upgrade would be nice. You could either choose it, or choose to do your own thing. But for those of us that have pain in the butt warrantys, it would be nice to be able to actually do performance mods without worrying.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #176 (permalink)
This is MY time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseChick08 View Post
Lol, he doesn't take it willingly, and not in the actual form of cash. I like to buy people things, I like to make them happy. So I show up with stuff for him. (Little stuff, but the way he gets pissed it funny, which makes me wanna do it more.) I rarely let him get me anything.
So you're saying you sway his opinion with gifts? I understand now...lol
Evil, evil women...

Old June 9th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #177 (permalink)
This is MY time

Quote:

It seems like the current trend is to stay away from big engines and create friendlier, economy-wise cars. That being said, its already an upgrade with the things they mentioned compared to our model. Of course, that's just a concept...

Old June 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaeRampage View Post
So you're saying you sway his opinion with gifts? I understand now...lol
Evil, evil women...
Hahahaha, nooo. I just like to make him happy. Opinions have nothing to do with it.
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #179 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 3

Name: Isamu
Vehicle: 300zx(TT) nismo 370z(T)
Isamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant future
Quote:

i think your missing it big time...
as much as we bitch, the eclipse has never been the flagship sports car for mitsu, and it never will be..
however, they are doing something amazing with this new car, giving you performance(not just power, but handling(which is more important in my book)) economy and a really sharp looking ride.. and as said above, the target audience is younger people, not enthusiats.. and as for the Evo only for Europe.. the FQ line has always been better then ours.. Europe is balla!
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #180 (permalink)

Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
i think your missing it big time...
as much as we bitch, the eclipse has never been the flagship sports car for mitsu, and it never will be..
however, they are doing something amazing with this new car, giving you performance(not just power, but handling(which is more important in my book)) economy and a really sharp looking ride.. and as said above, the target audience is younger people, not enthusiats.. and as for the Evo only for Europe.. the FQ line has always been better then ours.. Europe is balla!
yups.
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #181 (permalink)

Too bad really. 3.8 engine with Turbo would actually have good gas mileage. Designing new engine doesn't seem to be really cost effective. Adding turbo on already existing engine would be cheaper for Mitsubishi. I bet they can tweak Evo Turbo to work on 3.8 engine.

I would like to have new Eclipse as follows:

First of all stop making 2.4L I4 engine.

Basic Eclipse - 2.0L 152HP ~$15,000 FWD, MT or AT
Regular Brakes

Mid Level Eclipse - 2.0L Turbo 237HP ~$23,000 RWD, MT or AT
Brembo Brakes Optional

High Performance Eclipse 3.8L Turbo 400HP ~$30,000 AWD, MT or AT
Brembo Brakes Included, Sports Suspension

So there you go, you have economy, performance and car for every pocket.

Also Diesel is more expensive then Regular Gas and i don't see how that fits into Economy.

Last edited by freak_power; June 9th, 2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #182 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

Isamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant future
Quote:
I would like to have new Eclipse as follows:

First of all stop making 2.4L I4 engine.

Basic Eclipse - 2.0L 152HP ~$15,000 FWD, MT or AT
Regular Brakes

Mid Level Eclipse - 2.0L Turbo 237HP ~$23,000 RWD, MT or AT
Brembo Brakes Optional

High Performance Eclipse 3.8L Turbo 400HP ~$30,000 AWD, MT or AT
Brembo Brakes Included, Sports Suspension

So there you go, you have economy, performance and car for every pocket.

Also Diesel is more expensive then Regular Gas and i don't see how that fits into Economy.
ok, putting that lil 16g on that 3.8 isn't that great of an idea.. it's gonna be spool up quick but top out far too soon. secondly Mitsu makes amazing four cylinders.. thats what they do. They should continue to stay with what they know. Why do you think when they did the Ralli Art 4g it was using an Evo 8 engine.

Last edited by Isamu; June 10th, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #183 (permalink)

he isnt getting it. i think its time to give up on him.
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #184 (permalink)

ok then put 2.0L Turbo tweaked to 330HP and call it good and make it AWD. I guess my next car is Nissan 370Z if nothing.

Mitsubishi could easily had 3.8L tweaked to 300HP and RWD but for whatever reason they did not.
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #185 (permalink)

its easy enough to get one to 300 "whp"
they could go ahead and call the current model 300 "hp"
and mitsu does awd and fwd. thats what they do.
if you can afford a 370z then by all means go ahead.
Old June 11th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #186 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

I love mitsu for what they make.. amazing AWD turbo 4's and some decent FWD rides..
but i have 2 twin turbo 300zx's for 'power' ... tho one is a DD... lol

I have a 3g eclipse with evo head/turbo.. blah blah blah.. was gonna do AWD, even had the trans.. but meh..
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #187 (permalink)

how many cars do you have??
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #188 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

Quote:
how many cars do you have??
3...or 4 if you count the parts i have to make another car lol
Old June 12th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
3...or 4 if you count the parts i have to make another car lol
ok, so a 3g, a 4g, and a 300.
not a bad collection.
why dont you just throw another eclipse together?
or better yet, you make a 5g prototype (getting back on topic)
Old June 12th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #190 (permalink)

ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
I guess it would be pretty easy to make the front of the car.
Old June 12th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #191 (permalink)

purchase two evo x headlights, and put bigO top and bottom eyelids on it molded to the bumper and hood of a 4g. the back would be a problem though
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #192 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

i don't own a 4g i wish i did.. a 3g, two 300zx, and evo/eclipse parts
Old June 13th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #193 (permalink)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh. alright then
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #194 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i don't own a 4g i wish i did.. a 3g, two 300zx, and evo/eclipse parts
can I has one 300zx as a track toy?

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #195 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseFL07 View Post
can I has one 300zx as a track toy?
you can buy one from me, pretty cheap too
the red on is set to be a track car... but it needs to turbos and new seats.. the black one could be a great track car, but its auto, and needs new injectors

Last edited by Isamu; June 16th, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
ok, putting that lil 16g on that 3.8 isn't that great of an idea.. it's gonna be spool up quick but top out far too soon. secondly Mitsu makes amazing four cylinders.. thats what they do. They should continue to stay with what they know. Why do you think when they did the Ralli Art 4g it was using an Evo 8 engine.
Then Mitsubishi doesn't need Eclipse line at all or perhaps Mitsubishi should look at Nissan and make something Nissan managed to make with Nissan 370Z.
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM   #197 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

Quote:
Then Mitsubishi doesn't need Eclipse line at all or perhaps Mitsubishi should look at Nissan and make something Nissan managed to make with Nissan 370Z.
what are you talking about.
They should stick to making super amazing 4cyl turbo AWD monsters..
fuck a v6
Old June 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM   #198 (permalink)
Aviator

EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Or keep the v6 and do what porsche did with it, keep evolving the engine until you have a high output, low emission beast

Old June 21st, 2009, 10:08 PM   #199 (permalink)

or do a rear mount twin turbo set up on the V6?
just throwing things out there now. but i dont think they should do away with the 3.8 mivec
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:14 PM   #200 (permalink)
Aviator

Quote:
or do a rear mount twin turbo set up on the V6?
just throwing things out there now. but i dont think they should do away with the 3.8 mivec
completely agree +1

Tags
2007, 2008, application, auto, clutch, concept, eclipse, engine, mitsubishi, performance, shop, show, super, transmission, wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.