The only 5G Eclipse and Concept-RA Thread - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Automotive News

Automotive News Latest in news in the automotive industry.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Club4G Admin

Tournaments Won: 4

Name: Russ Sanderlin
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
The only 5G Eclipse and Concept-RA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone Performance
At this year's 2008 Detroit Auto Show, Mitsubishi premiers it's "Concept-RA". Essentially this sporty coupe concept touts being environmentally friendly with a new high output, clean diesel engine. Mitsubishi also hopes to appeal to enthusiast buyers as well with the S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) and Twin Clutch SST automated transmission found in the new Evolution X which was released in Japan on October 1st.
Read More: Mitsubishi Concept-RA
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Club4G Admin

Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
I should have titled this thread "4G Eclipze Killa" and I'm sure everyone would be pouring in here to see what it's all about
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sully's Detailing

Vehicle: 2008 Raider
sullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to behold
if the 5G GT has AWD omg V6 AWD Turbo OMG lol
sullysdetailing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Head ball buster!!

Vehicle: 06 stg2 S/C GT, EVO VIII
hacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant futurehacman has a brilliant future
You mean the redesigned eclipse lol. You take a good look at the car yet. It honeslty looks exactly like a 4g only stretched out. From the very front end to the back end oem spoiler. It really is remarkably close.

It looks nice though, and if they offer it here and maybe something other then the 202 hp its putting down now(not to say I couldnt have some fun with that diesel). I might have to consider a trade

peace
hacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sully's Detailing

Vehicle: 2008 Raider
sullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to beholdsullysdetailing is a splendid one to behold
lol i might trade ...mihgt not ...by then ill prob be close to finishing my car and be pretty quick lol
sullysdetailing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Club4G Admin

Looks like my MR2 in the sketch
Old November 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm :hmm:
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute

Damnit... I can't ever catch a break

Jarred? You see this?
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..

jb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond repute
it looks like a 4g mated with a new evo...its sexy as hell and id be all over it
jb4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
99 problems...

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
XFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond reputeXFactor has a reputation beyond repute
I'm excited to see how it turns out.

2.2L turbodiesel AWD is the rumor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse-eater View Post
welcome to the Dark Side. now go and feast my son... feast on smoked honda until you cannot feast anymore.
Cardomain Rate my ride and i'll rate yours! C4G needs to represent!
Ride Thread
XFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
PlatinumGT is a splendid one to beholdPlatinumGT is a splendid one to beholdPlatinumGT is a splendid one to beholdPlatinumGT is a splendid one to beholdPlatinumGT is a splendid one to beholdPlatinumGT is a splendid one to beholdPlatinumGT is a splendid one to behold
all i have to say is
PlatinumGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 103

Name: Jay to the F'N Rod
Vehicle: 69 Cadi (07 Spyder GT)
j-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post

Damnit... I can't ever catch a break

Jarred? You see this?
yeah i do... man i Flipping this concept... but to bad it won't look anything like it...

man i love the entire front... when i scrolled down to the large shots my ... im sorry guys if this actually came out... really close to this... i would be a RA owner
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Have u hugg'd a cone 2day

2 Highscores

Name: KeVsTeR
Vehicle: '01 GT PP / '13 Evo MR PP
Special_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond reputeSpecial_K has a reputation beyond repute
I think Ill hold onto my 3g for a little while longer until this potentially comes out.
Sponsored by Tearstone, Tuned by LogicGate
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: A-10
dduckw0rth will become famous soon enough
Mitsubishi shocked me, I didn't think anything they made could look better than the 4G. As I posted on the other forum, if this thing is less than 3300lbs, aluminum V6, 320hp and RWD, I'd buy it quick.

SOLD: 2006 Eclipse SE 6-spd Titanium: 3500lb sports car
MODS: Debadged | Works springs | Works sway bar
Prev Car: 2003 Mitsu Eclipse GT Titanium. I miss it
dduckw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 3

Name: Isamu
Vehicle: 300zx(TT) nismo 370z(T)
Isamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant future
2.2 turbo diesel! woot!

and it totally looks like the lo ve child of a 4g and evo x..
if it comes out with 300+ awd on a Turbo I4 Diesel! im in

even if they would go regular gas
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: A-10
dduckw0rth will become famous soon enough
Even if it's a 400hp turbo-diesel fueled by used vegetable oil, I'll still buy it

SOLD: 2006 Eclipse SE 6-spd Titanium: 3500lb sports car
MODS: Debadged | Works springs | Works sway bar
Prev Car: 2003 Mitsu Eclipse GT Titanium. I miss it
dduckw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod View Post
yeah i do... man i Flipping this concept... but to bad it won't look anything like it...

man i love the entire front... when i scrolled down to the large shots my ... im sorry guys if this actually came out... really close to this... i would be a RA owner
I don't think you got my subtler hints. Didn't I send you the front test psd to go along with the rear?
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
What Drives You?

zOmg man... Looking at it again I'm coming up with so many revised ideas! This is gonna be nuts!
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

Isamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant futureIsamu has a brilliant future
mitsu is starting to use american desingers more and more lol
Old December 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores

j-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
I don't think you got my subtler hints. Didn't I send you the front test psd to go along with the rear?
no i got yeah but i was trying to stay cool... i should of put more periods after the "Yeah i do" like this many...

".................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ."
Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
What Drives You?

There are some folks who are going to NAIAS Detroit... hope they take a HELLuvva lotta pics of the actual car. Coz that shit's HAWTT!

Actually, the rear lights also gave me another idea. That would totally look hot too I wonder how crazy this idea could be... hmmmm....
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

I really want mitsu to go back to the roots, the eVO, the turbo/awd I4, and the v6 'super car'
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
What Drives You?

10,000%
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
5g eclipse concept!!

2008 detroit auto show: good chance it's going to be a 5g eclipse

KickingTires: 2008 Detroit Auto Show: Mitsubishi Concept-RA

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Queen Goon

Name: Lisa
Vehicle: 06/Eclipse GT
Asian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Cracker has a reputation beyond repute
It looks ok but I am not a fan of the body style.
Asian Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

Robgee is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the outside look looks ugly. Way too futuristic for my taste. But the interior isnt that bad.
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
tjh

tjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nice
it looks like a cross between the new evo and a 4G
Current mods: RRE Headers, F5 custom SRI/CAI, tint, Ruffracing R281 19x8.5 RRE centric rotors, ss brake lines, outlaw spacers, 3in HBE, Ingalls stiffy, gauge pod pillar, SPEC Clutch 2+, Megan lowering springs, oil sandwich plate
tjh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
What Drives You?

56k go home to momma.

Sexxay

Love the roofline

Finally... tail lights done right.

Mmmm... nice matchbox!

Not happening.

Beam me up, Scottyballs...

SST? Dude... The SST was like a decade-ago concept! Howzabout "VR-4", eh?

Yessir. Finally they understand the meaning of "wide stance"

Last edited by Slippercream; January 14th, 2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Not that this is going to really be anything spectacular as suicide doors and that truck interior with an integrated Mr. Sulu blowup doll in the passenger seat... but I say they bring back the VR-4.

Fuck... bring the Legnum to the States. I don't care. Just bring AWD, 4-wheel steering back!
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Ohhh Jarreddd...!

Bling! 6-pot rears, eh? Nice... show.

Fucking 4-cylinder fascinations. People need to realize the era of the B16 is OVER! Make it a straight 6 for all I care... no one cares for 4-bangers anymore but ricer kids!

Welcome back, FTO... welcome back Uhm...Mr. State Farm adjuster... how much for the rear bumber? Oh? I don't have a bumber?

Last edited by Slippercream; January 14th, 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Droganto

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
MannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really nice
I love it, I dont think is gona happen, and I promised myself I'm done with car payments after this eclipse, I wont get any other car payment unless someone crash on me.

Follow us Facebook
'06 4G_GT (Old Ride) '09 370Z (New Ride)
MannyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT-TT
horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
very sexy, one can only dream.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
horse-eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:54 AM   #33 (permalink)
Fight Club

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/Gs
Zero is a name known to allZero is a name known to allZero is a name known to allZero is a name known to allZero is a name known to all
those rims are dope and the guage consle is killer with this much on paper i wonder what makes it to show room floor the doors are dope as hell as well but i cant see it happening to many ppl are to lazy to park far away for that to be done.
Old January 15th, 2008, 02:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GS-T
bmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond reputebmshue51 has a reputation beyond repute
they make badass cars like these every year but they never go into production...
Old January 15th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

they should leave the door when they make this..
ok.. my here is my take..
It looks like a combination of the 4g, the new evo.. with a hint of FTO..
it could totally be a production car..
they could do 2 trims. the AWD world engine(turbo) GSX a base model 4.
if they are insistant on doing a 6(which imho they shouldn't) do a base 6, and a awd 6 VR-4.. in which case they should badge it as a 3000GT
Old January 15th, 2008, 04:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

Quote:
Fucking 4-cylinder fascinations. People need to realize the era of the B16 is OVER! Make it a straight 6 for all I care... no one cares for 4-bangers anymore but ricer kids!
speak for yourself. I am very much a fan of I4, and i am far from a ricer kid. and they won't do a I6.. even the mighty GTR has moved on to a V6
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #37 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

oh. yea.. did anyone notice.. the engine looks to be a 2.2L I4(who makes a 2.2l v6, well, atleast in this day an age)

look closely on the hood

also looks to be a AWD platform as well..
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
BlackGuard Motorsports

3 Highscores

one more thing.. the EVO X stayed very similar to the concept. hopefully this will aswell..

those doors HAVE to stay! :bowdown:
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..

jb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond repute
not bad, thats the 2.2 l diesel right, something like 200 whp but 310 lbft torque.

I think many of the design ques will make it to the 5g, now lets just hope they have come to their senses and include AWD
jb4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores

well... ok it won't look like that when it comes out... think back to the 4G and it's concept... hummm they don't even look that much alike

Tags
2007, 2008, application, auto, clutch, concept, eclipse, engine, mitsubishi, performance, shop, show, super, transmission, wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.