"LaFerarri" - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Automotive News

Automotive News Latest in news in the automotive industry.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Betty Lowla v2

3 Highscores

Name: Fetty
Vehicle: 09 Civic SI
Semi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to behold
"LaFerarri"

"After months of anticipation, Ferrari’s replacement to the legendary Enzo supercar was unveiled today at the Geneva International Motor Show. It’s called LaFerrari; it’s Ferrari's first hybrid, and the fastest road car ever built under the Prancing Stallion logo.

The name of Ferrari’s new flagship has been under question for sometime. Many expected it to be called the F70, and then it was rumored to be the F150 (highly amusing for us in America). The name LaFerrari however, is even worse — hearkening back to the Dodge La Femme of 1956 — but this is Ferrari. It can, and will, do whatever it likes.

When the sheets were removed, the Ferrari stand at Geneva erupted into cheers, clapping, and rather a lot of pushing and shoving. And for good reason, too. LaFerrari is simply beautiful. In fact, it looks better than expected, as it presents sleek, swooping lines, and limits the aggressive edge of the Enzo. That ferociousness is still present at the front with its massive hood vents and sharp chin, but it blends elegance and speed in a wondrous fashion. The interior looks as breathtaking and futuristic as you would expect as well, with its digital display cluster and Alcantara wrapped surfaces.

Beneath the skin, LaFerrari does not disappoint. A V-12 motor punches out 800 hp, but when you add the 163 additional hp provided by the coupled electric motor, a grand total of 963 raging ponies are unleashed, comfortably outdoing the 903 hp produced by LaFerrari’s arch nemesis, the McLaren P1. Both the P1 and LaFerrari boast 663 lb-ft of torque, and with the electric motor allowing Ferrari to tune the engine performance for higher revs, leaving the electric portion to deliver the low rev punch, LaFerrari should explode throughout the entire range, just like the P1.

The hybrid system is composed of two electric motors developed with Magneti Marelli. One motor powers the driven wheels while the other the ancillaries. The battery is located on the floor of the all-carbon chassis, and consists of cells assembled in the same department as their Formula One team’s KERS system.

Battery regeneration switches on under braking as well as when the V-12 produces more torque than needed, like when cornering. Rather than sending that excess torque to the wheels, the torque is converted into energy and stored in the batteries.

Unsurprisingly, the motor is coupled to a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox and carbon ceramic Brembo brakes. Combining all of this ensures LaFerrari will burst to 60 mph in well under three seconds, and surpass 124 mph in less than seven. It will also eclipse the 1 minute, 20 second barrier for lapping Ferrari’s Fiorano test track, which is five seconds faster than the Enzo and three seconds faster than the F12berlinetta. Prices for the beast were not revealed, but expect the sticker to read an equally impressive $1.3 million.

Only 499 LaFerraris will be produced, and Ferrari already has 700 written requests from eligible buyers. With the big guns in the hypercar world now unveiled, only time will tell whether LaFerrari has what it takes to become the champion of the world's asphalt. Regardless of how that plays out, this is, without question, a fantastic era for the enthusiast.

I just wish Ferrari used a better name."

LaFerrari: The fastest Ferrari road car ever comes with just one name | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

Last edited by Semi; March 5th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Be afraid...very afraid!!

Name: chuck
Vehicle: 06 GT M/T
chuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to allchuck is a name known to all
ssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt ttttttttt
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
translation Ferrari "the Ferrari"
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
they named it LaFerrari . . . if im not mistaken that simply means The Ferrari

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

Name: -
Vehicle: 1999 Galant
fox_brand is a jewel in the roughfox_brand is a jewel in the rough
laName laNeeds LaImprovement
fox_brand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Aaron
Vehicle: 2009/Galant/Ralliart
Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
why did they make it fugly?
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
tUNED.

FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
i hate to say it but a lot of "supercars" are fugly for some reason

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
i just want to know what it transforms into..
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
tUNED.

. . . El Ferrari

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

so what youre saying is.. enzo.. is actually in this car? and it transforms into a humanoid life support system?
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Andrew
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
ashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to all
Meh. "LaFerrari"? You kiddin' me? It's like they saw the new Corvette and said "We can put out a dorked-up supercar TOO!"

Inside of it is fugly.

I'd still drive it. I'd enjoy the bejoobles out of it, for varying values of "bejooble".
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Carlos
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
wazatataza has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeaRlezZ View Post
i hate to say it but a lot of "supercars" are fugly for some reason
Aero dynamics arnt suppose to be very sexy... But I find them sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
My wife is always within slapping distance.

Last edited by wazatataza; March 5th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
wazatataza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

i understand it works in a wind tunnel and creates downforce. but.. eh
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Betty Lowla v2

3 Highscores

Name: Fetty
Vehicle: 09 Civic SI
Semi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to behold
I think the line up in sex between the 3 new supercars are..

Lambo, McLaren, Ferarri
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Name: Cless
Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX
Clessy has a spectacular aura about
It's LaFuckingAwesome and I want one now damnit!
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
angel4g

Tournaments Won: 4

oh my
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
car, clear, road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.