How To Guide Order Pistons - What you need to know - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Do It Yourself Guides (Howto)

Do It Yourself Guides (Howto) HowTos, Technical Data and Documentation for the 4G Eclipse

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6; AP1 s2000
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Order Pistons - What you need to know

For anyone else ordering pistons, here's the data I provided Ross Pistons on my order. I also put an order in for a head gasket set from Cometic.

Cometic Head Gasket Specs
Phone # (800)752-9850
Their Engine Code on file: 4G6G75
Part# H34551040S (can adjust for any overbore size)
Head Gasket Bore: 96mm (OEM stock)
Thickness: .040" (Can do any thickness upon request)
Cost: $98.24 each

Ross Pistons
Phone# 310-536-0100
Job Card #: 127619
Cylinder bore: 95mm (OEM stock)
Piston Stroke: 90mm
Oil Ring Support (ORS):ORS-378
Combustion Volume: Pentroof
Head CC's: 65cc
Piston Pin Diameter: 22mm
Block Height: 228mm
Cylinder Head Height:120mm
Rod Lengths: 6.040"

Cost Break Down
Pistons 83-20: $112.96 each
Pins 866-02-250: $11.95 each
ORS: $7.68 each
Rings Custom-CS-06: $179.60 Set
Slipper Skirt forgings and forged side reliefs at no additional cost (upon request only)

Total Price w/o Shipping $975.12

FSM Info for 6G75

Valve Info
Intake:
Over all length -4.304"
Head diameter -1.437"
6mm valve stem

Exhaust:
Over all length -4.470"
Head diameter -1.260"
6mm valve stem

Who's selling their 4G next
Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.

Last edited by trevroar; May 23rd, 2014 at 02:22 PM.
trevroar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Offensive

1 Highscore

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Phantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant future
Awesome idea. repped!

Follow the official Club4G Instagram at @club4g
Phantom_4G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

Name: -
Vehicle: 1999 Galant
fox_brand is a jewel in the roughfox_brand is a jewel in the rough
stock head CC is 65 cc's

from the valve face surface to the deck surface, the angle is 25 degrees for both the intake and exhaust, the angle from the valve stem to the deck surface is 65 degrees, in other words, from the valve stem to the cylinder head's centerline (veiwing from the top of the cylinder head) is 25 degrees, just specify that your heads use pent house roof combustion chambers
fox_brand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 28th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated. I'll make sure I put something comprehensive up in the first post once all is said and done.

Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
Old February 28th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Just got off the phone with Mike again... we filled in a few more blanks on ordering the pistons. I still need to provide him with head gasket information. Does anyone know the specs off hand for an OEM gasket from the dealer. Need to know the thickness, and diameter for cylinders.

Old February 28th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

the stock head gasket bore diameter is ~96.32 mm (measurements are done with digital calipers, not a bore gauge), thickness is roughly 0.38 mm (also done by digital calipers)
Old February 28th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

pin diameter is 0.866 inches/22 mm, go by the dimension given by whoever makes your connecting rods, you also don't need to use oil ring support rail if you are going naturally aspirated/low levels of nitrous (thinner crown), my CP's are like this

anybody know the exact diameters of the intake and exhaust valves?

also worth noting, you can get these pistons with slipper skirt forgings and forged side reliefs at no additional cost
Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Thanks for the info Fox! I'll be boosting between 8-12lbs... so do you feel that the ORS are necessary?

Old March 3rd, 2014, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_brand View Post
the stock head gasket bore diameter is ~96.32 mm (measurements are done with digital calipers, not a bore gauge), thickness is roughly 0.38 mm (also done by digital calipers)
Fox, when I told Mike the thickness of the headgasket, he was concerned that it was very thin.... Not to doubt you, but only to double check.... are we sure about the .38mm thickness?

This pic is promising... but still want to make sure

Old March 3rd, 2014, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Nevermind... just went with Cometic Headgasket

Old March 4th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevroar View Post
Thanks for the info Fox! I'll be boosting between 8-12lbs... so do you feel that the ORS are necessary?
you should talk to Ross about this, it might be over kill, then again, over kill implies that it is working, the general theory of forced induction (and nitrous oxide) versus naturally aspirated, through my reading, N/A, you want to top ring land as close to the crown without compromising strength as possible to increase sealing, efficiency, and cutting down on dead space between the crown and the top ring land. With forced induction (and nitrous oxide), it is more of increasing strength of the crown
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
resident crossplatformer

yeah, that picture is more or less what I'm going off of
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Mike at Ross Pistons says use them for FI, so they're included in the order... they aren't overly expensive anyways.

Tags
back, custom, gasket, i need help, life, lowering, need help, oil, phone, pistons, ross, stock, stock bore, support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.