Bleeding the Clutch - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Driveline

Driveline Discussions about anything from the transmission to the axle nuts go here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
Bleeding the Clutch

I need to know is there a specific procedure to bleed our clutch or is it a typical hydraulic clutch bleed out. What is the proper steps in doing it? I just replaced my tranny and it starts but no clutch pressure, so i can't shift into gears. Can anyone shed light onto this.

Thanks

HAHA NO V2.0
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 4th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Did you bleed your clutch at all?

It's just like bleeding brakes, but you hit the clutch instead. It's not hard, just make sure you keep up on the fluid, and I put a hose over the nipple so that I don't get any brake fluid everywhere.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Version 2.0

HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
Did you bleed your clutch at all?

It's just like bleeding brakes, but you hit the clutch instead. It's not hard, just make sure you keep up on the fluid, and I put a hose over the nipple so that I don't get any brake fluid everywhere.
No....my pedal was non pressurized (very loose) but it started. My brakes are fine i didn't disconnect them.

HAHA NO V2.0
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
The clutch and the brakes run off the same reservoir.

Yea it will feel like it doesn't have any pressure on it, but you still have to pump it until it has pressure. The bleeding nipple is on the front of the trasmission, right in front of your radiator fans.

If you want to make it really really easy, do what I did. Go to Advanced Auto Parts and rent a Vacuum brake bleeder. It makes it 100 times less messy, and all you do is pump and it sucks all the air out, It is really easy to suck all your fulid out, so make sure you watch the level. And the good part is that it is free to use, you get all your money back when you take it back.

Old July 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
The clutch and the brakes run off the same reservoir.

Yea it will feel like it doesn't have any pressure on it, but you still have to pump it until it has pressure. The bleeding nipple is on the front of the trasmission, right in front of your radiator fans.

If you want to make it really really easy, do what I did. Go to Advanced Auto Parts and rent a Vacuum brake bleeder. It makes it 100 times less messy, and all you do is pump and it sucks all the air out, It is really easy to suck all your fulid out, so make sure you watch the level. And the good part is that it is free to use, you get all your money back when you take it back.
Thnaks i got it to go. The lid underneath the cap was preventing the fluid to go anywhere. Its all good now thanks.

HAHA NO V2.0
Old July 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

Glad to hear you got it working!!

Old July 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Good to see the 4g is back up

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHunter78 View Post
Good to see the 4g is back up
Yeah almost 3 months off the orad all that time and nice weather i gotta make up now

HAHA NO V2.0
Old July 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Drew
Vehicle: 06' Lexus IS250
Drewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really nice
i just replaced my trans too what happend to urs?
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewfus32 View Post
i just replaced my trans too what happend to urs?
Diff pin went...cracked my rear housing and leaked

HAHA NO V2.0
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Drew
Vehicle: 06' Lexus IS250
Drewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really nice
damn that sucks, my asshole co worker put my trans back in when i did the clutch while i was away as a favor so id have my car back when i returned....he didnt fill it up with gear oil and by the time i figured it out it was too late i burned up my bearings and didnt have 4th and 5th gear
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewfus32 View Post
damn that sucks, my asshole co worker put my trans back in when i did the clutch while i was away as a favor so id have my car back when i returned....he didnt fill it up with gear oil and by the time i figured it out it was too late i burned up my bearings and didnt have 4th and 5th gear
dam that does suck...how could he not remember to fill it up

HAHA NO V2.0

Tags
clutch, light, tranny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.