07 gt auto to 6 speed swap - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Driveline

Driveline Discussions about anything from the transmission to the axle nuts go here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

slinky is on a distinguished road
Talking 07 gt auto to 6 speed swap

:hump :

Last edited by slinky; August 19th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 95 Eclipse GSX
Justin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond repute
All i have for you is lulz

My Hustle never stop like a car with bad brakes.
'95 GSX/6 Bolt Swapped/HX35/Custom SMIM/FP Intake/2.5" Short Route IC Piping/Greddy Type S BOV/Big FMIC/750cc FIC's/Chipped EPROM ECU/DsmLink V3/AEM UEGO/AEM TruBoost/B&M STS/Punishment Racing radiator w/2x slimfans/BBS RX 17" Powdercoated GunMetal
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
got a quote

Name: RJ
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
RJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to behold
dont buy the auto.... plain and simple

Nexus S 4G and Evo 4G for trade
RJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

but whats the hp capabilaties of the auto and 6 sped
Old August 18th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
How do you plan on making 600hp?
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
chaos easy now... lol

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

:wall bash:

Last edited by slinky; August 19th, 2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold

I got Mods.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
iLay Pipe

Name: Sporty's Biological Father
Vehicle: 1918 Packard
ryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond repute
First step would be to not purchase the auto.
Theres a TT GT here, a nutsack full of S/C GTs and some turbos. Look up some of their info. Highest FI numbers Ive seen are 450-ish.

If you have the stock fender gap DONT TALK TO ME.
ryanastyG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
forged aluminum stroker kit 9:1 compression twin turbo custom intake and exaust 16psi port and polish heads complete head job and a custom mapped tune if i can find any of those parts. im gonna talk to a guy i know he has one of the worlds fastest escalades if not the fastest he runs from 12 sec or less 1/4 at 128++ im gonna see who he knows but hes one of those guys who wont tell were he finds his stuff at
And if you can't find any of those parts?

And not to be an ass but just guessing 16psi isn't gonna make 600whp. Gonna run true twins, or sequential setup? Who's gonna do your head work cause that's gonna have to be %100 custom, not to mention flow benched to make sure its done right. The 9.0-1 compression can be achieved BC will make any specs you want. How are you ganna tune? I think TT basically defines custom intake and why bother with an exhaust? If your goal is 600whp on a FWD it will not make for a decent DD so its obviously being built as a track car in turn no exhaust needed. If you doing a total head build I assume you have looked into valve springs and retainers? Also I'd advise building from the crank up, forged everything with maybe even sleeves 16psi might make for a kaboom with anything less! Tuning can be addressed with the AEM FIC but let's not forget fuel management what's the plan there? And lastly what's your budget? $10,000, $20,000 or more?
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
The thread killer...

it would have to be 10k or more of a budget... anything less and itll blow or not be 600+hp

I got Mods.
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chicks Love The Car

Name: Batman
Vehicle: 07 GT
DJxDSM is a jewel in the roughDJxDSM is a jewel in the rough
Just curious...if you want 600hp why get an eclipse? Just the modifications themselves won't put you anywhere near it, at this rate you might as well put a lambo engine in it...which won't fit, but hey dreams are dreams. i'd suggest stop thinking the impossible OR don't buy an eclipse for the hp? Instead opt for a dodge viper, lambo, or a bugatti veyron.

Last edited by DJxDSM; August 18th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
DJxDSM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
DoMinIc is on a distinguished road
347hp shot of gas! Done. Lulz.

Let the man dream Chaos.
DoMinIc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
iLay Pipe

Name: Sporty's Biological Father
Vehicle: 1918 Packard
ryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond reputeryanastyG4 has a reputation beyond repute
10k would be a steal for what youre trying to accomplish.

If you have the stock fender gap DONT TALK TO ME.
ryanastyG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
The thread killer...

there are GS guys running a single turbo and dropped 6-8k in theirs... soo yea... twin turbo with fully built custom motor (because no one has stroker kits for us) pushing 600+hp would be a very pretty penny

I got Mods.
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Huge Member

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Steveo will become famous soon enough
i think we went off track....Why in the hell would you buy an automatic knowing that u want a 6 speed..unless u are getting the car for a steal and by that i mean $3-$4000 cheaper..but ur gunna spend half that just puttin the damn thing in

Full Bolt On + Zex 75 wet shot ~ 353WHP~~327lbs TQ
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ates-ride.html
- SOLD-4 2004 Cadillac CTSV
RIP Matt (bullet06)
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
just keep the dayum auto, it can take a beating, pretty sure not a 600+ horsepower beating (), but, yeaaaa........()
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Vehicle: 2005 Galant ES
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chicks Love The Car

Name: Batman
Vehicle: 07 GT
DJxDSM is a jewel in the roughDJxDSM is a jewel in the rough
Awwww looks like someone couldn't take the ugly truth? :sniffle: tissue for the issue?
DJxDSM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
:hump :
dude... wtf... we weren't even flaming... just being realistic... you should walk before you run... get some mods first them go all out...

we just don't want another member spending shit load of cash and then just end up parting it all out... big brother looking out for you thats all...

I got Mods.
Old August 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Huge Member

ya were just being honest..the time and money spent to swap a tranny on top of trying to make 600whp is just not realistic. Im all for it if u wanna do it but with that money you could be driving around in alot of other quicker cars. Get a GT 6 speed do the basics maybe throw on a supercharger or nitrous kit and start kickin some ass. and by the way i know freeker will agree with me when i say having 300hp to the wheels and having shitty traction i couldnt even imagine 600...ud be bouncin down the road all the way into 6 gear

RIP Matt (bullet06)
Old August 19th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
The thread killer...

^ lol

+rep for you

I got Mods.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
602customs has a spectacular aura about
i thought this thread is about the 6speed swap?! I need some infos on what parts i would need. And please donīt tell me not to buy an auto. ;-)
602customs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Huge Member

^ honestly cant help you there u would need to search on here or talk to a transmission shop. your gunna need alot. the whole tranny, a clutch, probably a master cylinder, clutch peddle, im not sure but maybe a gear box cuz your going from a 5 speed auto to a six speed, a new ecu or a flash because its not going to read the same..and i dont really kno what else. Really ur best bet is to search and see if its been done and talk to that person...How bout a shif kit for the auto? they can sometimes be quicker than a stick. And were just trying to help but wat u wanna do is gunna be difficult and time and money consuming. Were not telling you nt to do it but just giving you the facts good luck on the build tho and u should document it so others can see that have similar questions

RIP Matt (bullet06)

Tags
auto, speed, swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.