Eclipse GT: How to do an AWD conversion! - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Driveline

Driveline Discussions about anything from the transmission to the axle nuts go here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Unofficial Mod-erator

Vehicle: 2006 Evolution IX
Live4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond reputeLive4Redline has a reputation beyond repute
Eclipse GT: How to do an AWD conversion!

Well if you didn't know they make an AWD Transmission for the 6G75 motor!

That rocks hu? Throw in the trany and some drive train parts and you have your self an AWD V6 Eclipse. Now how do you get this amazing tranmission i speak of... well its out of an Mitsubishi Endeavor. The downfall is... they only come in an Automatic Sportronic. So you can have AWD but your forced to drive an AUTO with a fixed 50/50 torque ratio. The Ralliart Concept car used some drivetrain parts from the Endeavor also... so you know its possible. Except this time its with the V6 and not a swaped out evo motor.

DAMN YOU MITSUBISHI.... you do nothing but tease us!

Trying to get pics of the Endeavor transmission and drive train system for visual reference!

^ Sold my 06 Eclipse GT-5, 07 Eclipse GT-6 and 02 Turbo Lancer OZ.
+++ Daily driving a 2006 Evolution IX GSR +++
--- Current project is a Kia Powered 2003 Evolution VIII GSR ---
< First 4G Eclipse to break 300+ all motor! (311 whp)
Live4Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Vehicle: 2005 Galant ES
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone checked if the AWD transmission off a 03-04 3G 6G74 Magna would fit a 6G75? 3.5L to 3.8L sounds most likely then digging through 6G72 options.

edit: ah crap nm. I checked and they're all sportronics too
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT/6, 09GT/6, 01GT-T/5M
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Nope... wouldn't work. At least I don't think. Don't the Magnas only come in A/T? I forget... it's been months since I last looked into it.

L4RL: Good luck. the BG6 gearbox was only engineered for FWD platforms. That, unless you want to look into spending cash for a custom F/R pumpkin setup. Whicn in that case you're looking at a lot of drivetrain power lossy.

Edit for psy-q: Oh great... you just answered that question
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Club9G.net Owner

Vehicle: 2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS
Tech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant future
Damn, and to think I've been saying that for a LONG time now - ever since I found out they have the 6G75 (just a different dumbed down version of it, NO MIVEC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
never thought a galant would beat a s2k
Tech_Greek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT 3.8
zikizira has a spectacular aura about
Does this Endeavour AWD transmission works for sure in our 4G? I have an auto and I would love to convert it to AWD. Do you know the part number?
2008 Eclipse GT AT: Injen CAI and Full Exhaust, Test-Pipe, Ripp Header, AEM FIC + Harness (untuned yet), Outlaw Thermoblok Kit, MR Coilovers, Energy susp. bushes, motor mounts, Ingalls Stiffy, Progress anti-sway bar, Tanabe Strut Bar and Low Tie Bar, StopTech ST-60 355x35 front brakes, Volk Racing CE28N 18x8.5 wheels, AMS Small Batt, Yokohama A048 Tires 225/40, BrianJ Shift Control Module, Milspec wiring.
zikizira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spyder lover

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse Spyder GT
hsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond reputehsalter3 has a reputation beyond repute
^ Necromancer!
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
tjf
Its MIVEC not MYVEC silly

tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute
anyone ever try a 3000GT drive train swap?
tjf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Da1NoNlY

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
da1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to behold
well heres the thing you can but your looking at a price quota of around 10 grand after everything. we can use the endevour bout since we dont have the rear differentials that all has to be custom made. the car car has to be stripped down to the chassis (sp?) and then re-put back together. At the factory the eclipse and the endevour are on the saem platform but when it comes down to the suspension and drivetrain the endenvour goes off on its own thang doing the awd set-up while we are just going fwd. ive talked to a mitsu rep that im cool with and who has helped me out before. he said in parts and labor easily looking at 10 grand.
2-Tone HOK Metalic Flake Paint-AIT Blackout V.1 Front Bumper-IT Carbon Side Skirts & Rear Lip-Evo 3 Front Canards-OEM Carbon Hood-Custom Halos W/Strobes-AEM CAI-Magnaflow Catback-Brat Box-Megan Springs-Tanabe Underbrace-Cusco Strut Bar-Progress Rear Sway Bar-Ripp Motor Mount-Custom Trunk Eclosure-Engine Dress-up Kit
da1nonly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
We don't drive Hondas. You want to swap? Swap your Eclipse for an Evo. It'll save you a down payment on a house.
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Da1NoNlY

da1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to beholdda1nonly is a splendid one to behold
f that ide take my eclipse over the evo anyday
2-Tone HOK Metalic Flake Paint-AIT Blackout V.1 Front Bumper-IT Carbon Side Skirts & Rear Lip-Evo 3 Front Canards-OEM Carbon Hood-Custom Halos W/Strobes-AEM CAI-Magnaflow Catback-Brat Box-Megan Springs-Tanabe Underbrace-Cusco Strut Bar-Progress Rear Sway Bar-Ripp Motor Mount-Custom Trunk Eclosure-Engine Dress-up Kit
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy-q View Post
We don't drive Hondas. You want to swap? Swap your Eclipse for an Evo. It'll save you a down payment on a house.
Car modding, at least to me, is all about challenge. I am not saying that I am going to do such a drive swap right now, but for a car I love, that is a great news. In my country, 10k is 1/10 the price of the 4G. All I'd like to know is :

Is this swap really possible?

Best regards,
Ziki
2008 Eclipse GT AT: Injen CAI and Full Exhaust, Test-Pipe, Ripp Header, AEM FIC + Harness (untuned yet), Outlaw Thermoblok Kit, MR Coilovers, Energy susp. bushes, motor mounts, Ingalls Stiffy, Progress anti-sway bar, Tanabe Strut Bar and Low Tie Bar, StopTech ST-60 355x35 front brakes, Volk Racing CE28N 18x8.5 wheels, AMS Small Batt, Yokohama A048 Tires 225/40, BrianJ Shift Control Module, Milspec wiring.
Old September 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Da1NoNlY

yeah it is technically...............but your looking at having to customize the entire rear end since we dont have the rear differential its just not a simple take out the 4g fwd and pop in the endevor awd system
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

There is challenge and then there is just stupidity. 10k to make a car AWD and slower as opposed to buying a new car thats AWD and faster on a similar budget? hmmm....
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Da1NoNlY

but then again it sets you aside from all the others..............being a one of a kind vehical with a set-up that didnt orginally come with the vehical.
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy-q View Post
There is challenge and then there is just stupidity. 10k to make a car AWD and slower as opposed to buying a new car thats AWD and faster on a similar budget? hmmm....
I looks that for every "not-average" proposition, you find someone saying "buy another car". Maybe thats why the aftermarketing industry shows less interest in our car, although its obvious potential.

Someone has to take the frontline.. invest money, time, brain. We need mode RRE and RippMods.

Where some see stupidity, others see challenge.
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse GT V6 | 2008
Souza is an unknown quantity at this point
"Where some see stupidity, others see challenge."

He spoke little and said everything!

Abs,
Souza
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT-TT
horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
hahahahaha i have priced pretty much every option for an AWD system on this car. any way you go you are looking at least 10-15k... and an EVO drivetrain would fall apart if mated up to the v6... me and mike spent many a email and alot of phone time on this topic.

when it comes down to it, it would be easier, cheaper, make more sense to do 1 of 2 things...

1: sell it for something else
2: put an LS# motor and drive train into it...

challenge is one thing. but at this level, it would be like someone who has never thrown a punch challenging a world class boxer to a match... sure there is some slim scrap of a chance he might get a lucky punch, but, good luck.

anything is possible with enough money. rock out with your cock out my rich little friend. 100k for an eclipse in your country? bro i would be moving my ass off...

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
horse-eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
auto awd would be nice.....get a nice size after market high stall torque converter....especially if you got boost! let it build boost! and let go of the BRAKES lol ...but awd,converter,auto,nitrous....never could go wrong and a set of nice tires of course but thats just me
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse GT V6 | 2008
Souza is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in Brazil car with motor 1000cc costs U$22k !!!

Abs,
Souza
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Carl, anyone with actual experience with a 3si...

Does the input shaft of the W5MG1 / W6MG1 spin clockwise or counterclockwise, say, when staring straight at the clutch?

Better yet, if this were a 3si tranny, in what direction would the input shaft spin, relative to how you're looking at it?
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
so, this thread was raised from the dead, whos doing the conversion?!

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Yes. I try not to create new threads when there are existing ones that already cover the topic. Lesser evil.

And no one's "doing" anything yet.
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Aviator

EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
why not

Old January 10th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Too much Money!!!

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
Carl, anyone with actual experience with a 3si...

Does the input shaft of the W5MG1 / W6MG1 spin clockwise or counterclockwise, say, when staring straight at the clutch?

Better yet, if this were a 3si tranny, in what direction would the input shaft spin, relative to how you're looking at it?

if we used the 3si tranny in our car, we would have 6 reverses and 1st gear... at `least theorhetically. i honestly dont remember which way it spins... maybe itman3 can chime in if he is around. send him a PM...

but the actual input shaft for changing gears is on the back side of the vr4 tranny where ours is on the front. so i am really sure it would all be backward from ours. unless there was a way to redo the cabling to 'trick' it.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo

Last edited by horse-eater; January 13th, 2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
What Drives You?

I know. That's not what I'm concerned with.

Our bank 1 is against the firewall. If the 3SI's bank 1 is next to the radiator, that just means one thing...

THIS WILL WORK!

Now just figure out a way to modify the center member, and tranny/side mounts via blocks of aluminum and a mill, on to where they'd turn the engine around the right way. Better than your idea of mounting it longitudinally.
Old January 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Call me Sparky!

Vehicle: 07 GT
snoeclipse is just really nicesnoeclipse is just really nicesnoeclipse is just really nicesnoeclipse is just really nice
jeez, just buy a wrecked EVO, strip it down to the frame, driveline, and running gear and weld the Eclipse body down on top of it.
07 GT Sportronic, Deep Red Pearl. Daily-driver year around, good tires really make a difference in the snow! I like the 6G75 just like it is, the 5sp slushbox really does need a real mechanical LSD though......
snoeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeclipse View Post
jeez, just buy a wrecked EVO, strip it down to the frame, driveline, and running gear and weld the Eclipse body down on top of it.
wow, you got the money for that?

and it would be about 10 times more complicated.

Old January 14th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeclipse View Post
There is such car here in Brazil, taking part in competitions, beating Ferraris, Porsches and so on:

Old January 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
That is sexy!!!

Old January 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Aviator

wow that is sexy, more info on it?

Old January 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

Yes! I wan't to know everything about that car!! The closest thing we have to it over here is RRE's race car.

Old January 14th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #33 (permalink)

It is being called (in brazilia magazines and sites) a "Prototype Mitsubishi Eclipse". I am not sure, but some say it is based on an Evo. It has got second place in the last "Brazilian 1000 miles" beating Ferraris, Ford GTs, Porsches. I have heard such car will race next Jan, 24th. It that is confirmed, I will be there and try to talk to someone in the team.

Btw, do the RRE's racing 4G participate in track events?
Old January 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
OldNut

Name: Noel
Vehicle: 06 eclipse gs
toortool is a jewel in the roughtoortool is a jewel in the rough
badass! how do i mount the front wiper in the center like that? hehe
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

RRE's car competes alot. it actually does very well in its class. and is competetive with cars out of its class.

that red car is gorgeous.

there is still hope for an easy RWD build. i need to check out the Genesis coupe for detail.

Old January 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores

Carl won

Old January 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by toortool View Post
badass! how do i mount the front wiper in the center like that? hehe

dont be gay.

Old January 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
OldNut

Name: Noel
Vehicle: 06 eclipse gs
toortool is a jewel in the roughtoortool is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse-eater View Post
dont be gay.
ouch! never saw that coming
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikizira View Post
It is being called (in brazilia magazines and sites) a "Prototype Mitsubishi Eclipse". I am not sure, but some say it is based on an Evo. It has got second place in the last "Brazilian 1000 miles" beating Ferraris, Ford GTs, Porsches. I have heard such car will race next Jan, 24th. It that is confirmed, I will be there and try to talk to someone in the team.

Btw, do the RRE's racing 4G participate in track events?
I hate that they would say something like that an eclipse based on a evo considering the first run evo with AWD and 4g63 was 1992 and the first run AWD 4g63 eclipse was in 1990 following the demise of the Starion/Conquest

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Truth is, if one were smart and knowledgeable enough, such a thing really isn't THAT expensive to achieve!

Geez, you people just make me really wonder sometimes.

AWD swaps are so commonly done these days, how much harder would it be getting an AWD frame and chassis, and dumping a shell on top of it?

People fab custom frames for kit cars that do the trick, and are tons lighter and stiffer than standard street frames. All you need is the sub.

But we digress from my question --- GETRAG TRANNY. Someone needs to figure out how the timing belt spins in the 3000GT engine.

Tags
6g75, amazing, automatic, car, concept, conversion, drive, eclipse, eclipse gt, evo, how to, mitsubishi, motor, parts, pics, ralliart, sportronic, system, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.