Custom rim - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Eclipse Graveyard

Eclipse Graveyard Crashed, wrecked, totaled we want to hear and see about it. Come with pictures to share.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2017, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: James
Sabertooth^2 has a spectacular aura about
Custom rim

What do you guys think of my custom rim?

1 of a kind, probably gonna mount it on my wall.

It gave the car some sick stance though. Not gonna lie, probably my favourite picture I've ever taken.

Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2017, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Smokey
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
Smokeynbandit is on a distinguished road
I think your lucky it didnt come up to the window, but its worth keeping for a memory shoot Id have it in the room cleaned up mounted
Smokeynbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2017, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Oh hell yeah. I mean, it tried to kill me, but failed. And look, I even ended in the middle of the lane, facing straight ahead. I clearly won that battle.

In a sick way, I find this hilarious. But it coulda killed me xD. After I came to a stop, I threw on my 4 ways, threw open my door, and started chasing my wheel.

Happened right in front of a truck stop, and I got a free coffee from 2 of the employees. They were leaving, saw me, hung out, got me coffee, hung out until I got on the road again on my spare

EDIT: Coffee at midnight is a bad idea when you don't have to be up.

Last edited by Sabertooth^2; February 19th, 2017 at 12:50 AM.

Old February 19th, 2017, 03:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Dang thats pretty crazy looking was it something in the road or just failed out if nowhere. Sounds like it woyld be a wild experience my rims always cracked on the lips
Old February 19th, 2017, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Wyatt
Vehicle: 2009/GT
TheMonkeyHouse is on a distinguished road
All I am gonna say is goddam! hope you get a replacement, and I hope nothing major happened to your ride!
TheMonkeyHouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeynbandit View Post
Dang thats pretty crazy looking was it something in the road or just failed out if nowhere. Sounds like it woyld be a wild experience my rims always cracked on the lips
Random fail. I'm smashing the other 3 rims and scrapping the aluminum. Today I'll check the damage. If there is any.

EDIT: My eBay lip spoiler held up pretty well.

Last edited by Sabertooth^2; February 19th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old February 19th, 2017, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Update: I've got my summers on, but definitely need an alignment. There doesn't seem to be any structural damage

However, when it came down it may have damaged the bearing. I get a vibration around 60km/h, and it gets no worse, but more rapid at higher speed. It's possible that it's just the tire rebounding. It's off by enough that I'm not planning to drive until I can get it aligned again (steering wheel is shifted about 10 degrees to drive straight)

Other damage: I got a new exhaust put in on Monday. When it came down it sliced open the flex pipe's mesh. Front bumper has some rash on the bottom, driver's side. You can't see it unless you look for it from under, but I'll sand that and re-paint it. There are some paint chips in the fender, either from exploding spokes or when the wheel came out. My mud flap has some rash, but who cares because it saved the paint work behind it, as well as the metal. The brake rotor did hit, but it took the impact like a champ. No warping, only scratches on the edge

The cause: When examining the metal, there is aluminum oxide in some of the breaks. That means that the metal has been exposed to air for some time. I bought the rims used, and painted. The previous owner of them seems to have painted over them, while damaged.
Old February 20th, 2017, 09:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Alright James I applaud you for buying different parts than other members to test them out. But ffs would you please buy some reputable parts so your car can quit suffering?

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Hahaha, these rims were actually sold to me as having been good!

I've emailed the store, hopefully there is some "our product kills you or your money back" deal there. Downside, they're a 45 min drive away from me, and I'd really rather not give up my souvenir
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Tristen
ROAD RENEGADE is on a distinguished road
Man James i'm so sorry to see this happen. Glad to hear your alright but sorry to see your baby stubbed her toe. Home to see you back and running normal again soon
ROAD RENEGADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Damn dude... hope you're okay. Thats a serious structural flaw. This has always been a horrible fear of mine. Glad the ride's not too jacked up
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The goal is to be on the road again tomorrow. It's drivable right now, but I have less than 1000km on a new set of tires, and I'd hate the toe angle to fuck up the one
Old February 21st, 2017, 02:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Alignment is done ($87.25), nothing was bent up, so that's nice. The wheel bearing is fucked, so that's not nice. Gonna just get the hub assembly and replace it that way. Shop wants $367.75 to do it (parts and labour). Hopefully I can shave some bucks off doing it myself.

$300 for a wheel bearing and hub assembly in Canada. I keep finding them for $70 online in the USA. Time to move to the states I guess. Part #REPM283713 if you want to check that for yourself. It's nuts

Last edited by Sabertooth^2; February 21st, 2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Least your getting it back on the road id say that the people who got the rims before you wouldnt need to get yours n if they did just give them the wheel part and keep your piece they should be able to see the evidence wthout that piece even if not a full refund half off or something. Discount tire bend one of my rims, rode fine before i got them rotated then on the way home noticed a bounce and sure enough it was bent, told them they ofcourse tried blaming me but after talking with the owner and explaining had it been bent before his workers should have specified that before putting it back on the car. They ended up covering half of a new wheel thats $150 new so for $75 I was able to get a new one and keep the bent one. You never know til you try is what Im saying. And if your planning to move to us better sooner than later with all the president stuff going on. I know forsure mexico would be fairly difficult, not sure what laws are being made for canada if any. Possibly could just be a mexico border thing. Thats just over hearing info, I dont watch the news lol
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'd love to move to Texas. The heat might kill me as a Canadian though. I'd need an ice room in my house so I can return to my natural habitat.

So far as it stands with the laws, being Canadian exempts you from restrictions so far. I can only hope they accept my reason for wanting to go though--cheaper horsepower, more racing, southern girls, no salt on the roads, cars last more than a decade, actual patriotism... Should be good
Old February 21st, 2017, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Haha shoot nc has the most sporadic climate cold raining, hot sunny, freezing, this is all in the winter as katt williams would say a pimp dont know what to wear in this place lol. But i feel you in texas would be nice to live where its always warm generally, ive considered moving to somewhere like that. The girls here there are good ones everywhere haha just find a loaded one and keep em haha ive yet to find a supports her self most the time girl

Tags
car, custom, mount, rim, sick, stance, wall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Poor Bellatrix | - »