Lifter noises??..... I think not! - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Eclipse Graveyard

Eclipse Graveyard Crashed, wrecked, totaled we want to hear and see about it. Come with pictures to share.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
nanananananana BATMAN!

Name: RYAN
Vehicle: 06 eclipse gs
SC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond repute
Lifter noises??..... I think not!

So I was on my way home from Class mid november minding my own business listening to some tunes. I go to pull off the highway and everything is fine except for this strange ticking noise that I had thought to be the lifters. Not the case. I start pulling on to this main road and the noise got louder and when i let off the gas it turned into the most terrible grinding noise i have ever heard. I immediately shut the car off and had it towed to the dealership. I get a call two or three days later saying that my bearing on my balance shaft (not sure which one) blew out, I had metal shavings in my oil pan as a result. I had only my header and exhaust on when it went in there and they said it wasn't covered under warranty. They wanted to set me up with a lifetime warranted 36k mi motor all for only $4800!! My daddy ended up calling the dealership and said if its not covered then they aren't fixing it, he will have it towed somewhere else. Magically, they started to look into it a little more and I just got my phone call today that a new short block is on the way because they are covering it.

So pretty much my 4g gets a new lease on life. As for my old motor.. RIP
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Vehicle: 2005 Galant ES
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
The dealership wanted the cash for the repair. They called the district rep for the ok even though you had a couple minor modifications. If they when ahead and did it without checking then Mitsubishi may have said screw you and they'd be out of pocket.

Find out who your district rep is. Find out where he lives and give him a big hug and kiss on the lips.
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
nanananananana BATMAN!

SC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond reputeSC4Ggs has a reputation beyond repute
Got my car back today and it is amazing how strong a new motor runs... feels exactly as it did when i drove it of the lot 4 years ago.

I had to thank those guys somehow since they saved me $4800 and that allowed me to pick up an engagement ring, they settled for pizza.
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
I love stories with happy endings
Old December 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
E85

Name: jimmy
Vehicle: just a little honda
the fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond reputethe fuzz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4Ggs View Post
Got my car back today and it is amazing how strong a new motor runs... feels exactly as it did when i drove it of the lot 4 years ago.

I had to thank those guys somehow since they saved me $4800 and that allowed me to pick up an engagement ring, they settled for pizza.
i want ur dealer now bitch now
482hp 368tq
the fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Galant GTS
itsreu is on a distinguished road
same thing happened to my galant but took me 3 months of fighting with mitsu to get a new short block
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Speed Demon

HAZE is on a distinguished road
Wow, I just came here because the EXACT SAME THING happened to me!

Now, from your story, it sounds exactly like what's wrong with my car, but I took it to my own mechanic last night so he can tell me the real deal before I head over to the Stealership.

When this happened, I checked my oil and I was down to ONE QUART! I was on the highway and had no choice but to drive it a few miles so I probably did more damage after the fact. And I just checked the oil 3 days prior and it was between the two dots on the stick (closer to the top one).

Does this sound like it could be it? When the bearing blows, does that cause oil to leak out?

It sounded like there were rocks in my engine. It was one of the worst things I've ever heard.

I hope my district rep is as nice as yours. And I also hope I have the same issue.

I'll keep you guys posted.
HAZE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

sounds like rocks in your engine? oh jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
Wow, I just came here because the EXACT SAME THING happened to me!

Now, from your story, it sounds exactly like what's wrong with my car, but I took it to my own mechanic last night so he can tell me the real deal before I head over to the Stealership.

When this happened, I checked my oil and I was down to ONE QUART! I was on the highway and had no choice but to drive it a few miles so I probably did more damage after the fact. And I just checked the oil 3 days prior and it was between the two dots on the stick (closer to the top one).

Does this sound like it could be it? When the bearing blows, does that cause oil to leak out?

It sounded like there were rocks in my engine. It was one of the worst things I've ever heard.

I hope my district rep is as nice as yours. And I also hope I have the same issue.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
New gt block is $3800...would have been worth the 4800 if you had too.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Speed Demon

Hey man, I really think I have the same issue. How did you prove that it wasn't your fault? They're trying to say I just didn't change the oil and let the car run dry because it lost 4 quarts in 3 days. They're asking for receipts for my last oil changes which I don't have. Did they ask that from you also?

Did you check your oil level after this happened? Couldn't it have seeped into different parts of the engine without leaking?

Thanks in advance.

I made a thread here:

Who Put Rocks In My Engine?
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
nanananananana BATMAN!

I got really lucky, They did ask for proof of my oil changes and I told them I change my own oil. But the oil was almost perfectly clear when I had it towed bc I changed it right before they picked it up.
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Speed Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4Ggs View Post
I got really lucky, They did ask for proof of my oil changes and I told them I change my own oil. But the oil was almost perfectly clear when I had it towed bc I changed it right before they picked it up.
They're telling me it's the #6 main bearing and they won't cover it under warranty. This is BS. It's gonna cost me $8000 for a new engine or $5500 for a used one.

FML
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok I know this is an old thread, but is this problem particular to the GS or Gt ?

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Drew
Vehicle: 06' Lexus IS250
Drewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really niceDrewfus32 is just really nice
dude go to your regular mechanic and have him make invoices of oil changes to give to mitsu

Tags
art, bearing, block, car, ding, exhaust, gas, grinding, header, life, lifter, metal, motor, noise, oil, rip, short, warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.