RPW Thermo Block Intake Spacers? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Eclipse Performance

Eclipse Performance Eclipse Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Jon
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/Not a GT ; (
HomesickAlien is just really niceHomesickAlien is just really niceHomesickAlien is just really niceHomesickAlien is just really nice
RPW Thermo Block Intake Spacers?

Anybody have any experience with these? Do they help with the GS as much as the Outlaw spacers help the GT?

Are there any other options out there? From my searching, this is the only manifold spacer set for the GS -- can someone enlighten me?

How much does the shipping from Australia cost?

Pretty much -- should I get these and will they help me; and if you have experience with them, then that makes it a lot better (or other suggestions).

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a straight dumbass and....well, that's why you guys are here and why I love you so much

Thanks for any help guys!

HomesickAlien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: J
Vehicle: 2012 RalliArt
Kingjames359 will become famous soon enough
Rpw servise fucking sucks i bought the thermal set and it took them a month just to email me back never even tried to ship me my product so i had to get my money back. i sugest u keep looking aroud

2012 RalliArt: Ams uicp, Evo x bpv
Kingjames359 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Turbo GS

Name: David
Vehicle: 06-GST
meDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of light
Check the group buy section there was a group buy on some spacers that someone makes here in the states. I think the guy is from Evom.

I'm rocking the RPW's I did a group buy on them about two yrs ago we ordered 10 sets. I wouldn't say there is any noticeable gains from them, but the intake manifold does run cooler with them on.
Performance: Air Research T3/T4 Turbo w/STR cast iron manifold, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost EBC, 3.0" Turbo to Axle Exhaust w/ 2.0" Dual Outlets, Ported Intake Manifold with GT TB Swap, Ralco RZ Short Shifter, RPW Thermal Spacer Kit
Suspension: Evo Brembo Swap, Cusco Strut Tower Bar, BC BR Coilovers, Progress Rear Swaybar, 4G Rear Body Brace Bar, Wavetrac LSD
meDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
i have them . . every little bit to keep the engine cooler helps. and rpw service was great for me

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

HomesickAlien is just really niceHomesickAlien is just really niceHomesickAlien is just really niceHomesickAlien is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeaRlezZ View Post
i have them . . every little bit to keep the engine cooler helps. and rpw service was great for me
Do they actually help? Did you feel any difference?

Either way, like you said; every little but helps. But I know the GT guys rave about the Outlaw spacers and I was just wondering if this was a similar upgrade for us....

In other words did you notice enough difference to justify $115 plus shipping from Australia?

Old July 17th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
tUNED.

FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
^ u will notice a very slight difference, it feels a little more responsive because it is allowing denser air to be taken in

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
Old July 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cool, thanks man.

Old July 17th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
just one of those little things that will add up in the end. I say go for it. they certainly help the GT - especially right when you start a cold engine. the effect seems to where off a little as the engine heats up, but again, every little thing you can do. This + water wetter + TB bypass all adds up to keep the engine even just a little cooler.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
tUNED.

that water wetter actually works?? and wut u just add it to ur coolant ? and how often do u need to add it ?

Old July 18th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeaRlezZ View Post
that water wetter actually works?? and wut u just add it to ur coolant ? and how often do u need to add it ?
I added a purple power additive to my coolant (can't remember the name) that's supposed to keep your coolant cooler, so far it actually working if my gauge is accurate. Kinda surprised me.

Old July 18th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Does anybody know if I need the GT spacer or the GS for a GT Throttle Body?

Old July 18th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

It sounds simple, but I'm not sure if the spacer fits the TB or the actual piece the TB connects to....

Old July 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
tUNED.

i have gs spacer with gt tb. i was worried at first cuz i thought i would have to spend another $90 on a fuking spacer but its perfect

Old July 18th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Charles
Vehicle: 2008 spider gs
groundpounder will become famous soon enough
Actually the gt spacer will work better i had the gs spacer on mine and if u look in the tb u can see the gs spacer blocking air flow not alot but the gt spacer will allow more flow. i went from a 60 mm gs tb to a 66 mm tb big diff, and yes both tbs were marked with the size
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
tUNED.

if thats the case then bore it out to that diameter if u already have gs spacer . . if u dont have it then get gt spacer

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah...sounds like the GS spacer could easily be adapted using a dremel tool. The spaces made a noticeable difference in temperature between the TB and intake and again intake upper intake and lower intake on the GT. It is just one of the little things that by itself doesn't appear to do much but the cumulative effect is what you are going for
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2012 Lancer Ralliart
deprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to behold
Dremel that stupid GS spacer out. It'll be fine. If you're that worried mark it with a pen and just don't go past your pen marks.
Current Car: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP| Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by ME! | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Can | Agency Power 3" DP | Avid1 18x9 +35 | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated TP | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2/ZR-2 AFR+Boost |
deprydation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
Dremel that stupid GS spacer out. It'll be fine. If you're that worried mark it with a pen and just don't go past your pen marks.
Pens are SO ricer....

Old August 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/Gs-N
Chris05 is just really niceChris05 is just really niceChris05 is just really niceChris05 is just really nice
I got smart and did some searching before making a new thread about these I think for the price you cant really complain they're only $45 and I'm not woried about service as long as I get what I want haha great info guys thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspower View Post
i see kchu's swag has rubbed off on you sir

your car has finally found its way to my judgemental heart.
Chris05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Name: Jake
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse SE
07SE is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, does anyone have a link to where i can purchase one of these RPW intake spacers for my 07 SE? and i may have misread some of the replies but the intake spacer for the GT is universal with the GS's as well? or did i read something wrong?
07SE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Luxury, Speed, and Style

44 Highscores

Name: Jesse Bridges
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse gt-se
TheFootOfGod has a spectacular aura about
it is universal. the 4cyl and the gt v6 are the same engine so no worries there. just buy all gt parts for your gs, they bolt right on!

all you need is a lot of 3m tape for the exhaust and intake. i used the tape for my spacers too!
when you melt down the tape it creats a nice seal in your engine to help with boost pressure once you turbo it. gl brah!
TheFootOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

Name: Pete
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Spyder/GS
Pedro is a jewel in the roughPedro is a jewel in the rough
Intake Manifold Thermal Gasket Discussion 4g69

I still have mine from this group buy if anyone is interested in them. I never installed them. Just PM me.

http://www.myspace.com/socal4g
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Intake Manifold Thermal Gasket Discussion 4g69

I still have mine from this group buy if anyone is interested in them. I never installed them. Just PM me.
Like the new sig and avatar man haha. How much are you wanting for yours?
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

Name: Pete
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Spyder/GS
Pedro is a jewel in the roughPedro is a jewel in the rough
PM me, I don't want to hijack the thread.

http://www.myspace.com/socal4g
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
block, intake, manifold, outlaw spacers, questions, shipping, straight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.