Dyno Results! - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Eclipse Performance

Eclipse Performance Eclipse Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Just say NO to fart cans

Name: Michael
Vehicle: 2007 4G GT
shadowraven is on a distinguished road
Dyno Results!

I just completed my last engine mod (for now) and had the 07 GT Eclipse put on the (Mustang)dyno at Lethal Injection Motorsports here in Atlanta. LETHAL MOTORSPORTS

The results came to Max HP 212 and Max Torque 213 at the wheels.

Eng Torque T WC (Ft-Lb 186 213 199
Eng Power T WC (HP) 92 212 166
AFR (Ratio) 12.1 14.6 12.7
-15 to 45 (PSI) -0.3 -0.2 -0.2

The engine has Ingen cold air intake, throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust, Cheater pipe, OBX long tubes and tune.

Are these HP/Torque numbers representative of what you would expect with this combination/mods?

The guys at Lethal told me afterwards that their dyno is “loaded” and the car would show at least 20HP/Torque higher numbers on another dyno that wasn’t. They were in the middle of braking in a new trans for this year’s “Pinks All Out” winner that they had in the shop (They were able to connect a tree and perform full launch on the dyno. Which was something to see). So I did not get much time to ask questions. I’m somewhat of a newbie when it comes to speed shops and dynos so I was hoping someone on here could break it down for me.

Thank!
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Got Stance??? i dont :(

Name: Dann
Vehicle: 2010 Evo X MR
MFTK is a jewel in the roughMFTK is a jewel in the rough
seems kinda low to me for a gt....
MFTK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS!!!

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 07 GT-N Spyder 4.0
executive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to all
That seems low. Like almost 100hp too low. Basically you are full bolt on with a tune. Something is wrong. Bad tune perhaps?

Old December 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
The milks gone bad -Dave chappelle

Edit: Those numbers are hella low
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luxury, Speed, and Style

44 Highscores

Name: Jesse Bridges
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse gt-se
TheFootOfGod has a spectacular aura about
yeah bro there is no way with those mods that those are your numbers. i feel confident that that is impossible unless something with your car is just fucked up and you don't know it. Is it really full bolt on + tune or are you just pulling our chain. anyone who has a fully bolted on car with a tune has to have some basic knowledge of their car and what numbers they should have. for you to post those numbers and be ok with it says something is wrong here. post up some pics of your dyno results and some pics of your mods.

Pictures or i don't believe this happened. BACK ME UP HERE PEOPLE!
TheFootOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Cesar
Vehicle: 2008 Generic Veyron
gspower is a jewel in the roughgspower is a jewel in the rough
thats low as fuck with your bolt ons and a tune

steveo has a few more bolt ons than you with no tune and put down 265whp. fire your tuner
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
tjh

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
tjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nice
My numbers were low like that with only a custom Sri and being hot on a corrected dyno 5k ft above sea level. So your numbers are way low
Current mods: RRE Headers, F5 custom SRI/CAI, tint, Ruffracing R281 19x8.5 RRE centric rotors, ss brake lines, outlaw spacers, 3in HBE, Ingalls stiffy, gauge pod pillar, SPEC Clutch 2+, Megan lowering springs, oil sandwich plate
tjh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Just say NO to fart cans

Ok hears the deal. I just got off the phone with Lethal. They said that their dyno is “load based” not “inertia based”. And that accounts for about 25% in numbers verses a dynojet setup.

And to further stand behind their dyno/tune/shop, they have agreed to offer this to everyone on this website:

They will provide FREE 3 dyno runs if your car is putting out the 300HP that some are claiming on this website with the same bolt-ons.

Ask for Nick!

Lethal Injection Motorsports
205a Tidwell Dr
Alpharetta, GA. 30004
770-343-9969

Last edited by shadowraven; December 7th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luxury, Speed, and Style

44 Highscores

Name: Jesse Bridges
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse gt-se
TheFootOfGod has a spectacular aura about
DAMN BRO. i recant my last statement about the dyno numbers possibly being fucked up or fake. i was so interested in these low numbers i called Lethal motorsports.

ok so i called Lethal to talk to them about their dyno.
Here is what they said. Right now the dyno is set up to with a lot extra load on it so the numbers are not true. you should see if you can get a new run on the dyno so you can get some "real number"
TheFootOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
i got 275 whp and 250wtq on a Dynojet with I / H / Magnaflow muffler, ad no tune, for reference... sure, different dyno, car, conditions, etc, but you should be over 250 regardless... unless the dyno is "extra-loaded" (whatever the f that means)... most shops / companies will try to inflate their numbers to make their product look better / clients happier, so that seems a little backwards to me...
at the end of the day, a dyno is for bragging rights mostly, or to see improvements from stock with one or more mods...
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Just say NO to fart cans

a Load based dyno = real numbers
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
every dyno maker says that their dyno give real numbers...
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
^ Yea. Kinda like every store says they have the lowest prices.
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Just say NO to fart cans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
every dyno maker says that their dyno give real numbers...
True for everything in the world actually.

However, being an engineer, the explanation I’m getting from Lethal on how dynos work seems much more plausible that a load based would provide results of “useable HP” vs. an inertia dyno.

Ok just my 2 cents....Nothing left to see here...Move along.
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Too late, the thread was already made xD
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

like i said, the only real purpose of a dyno is to see improvements... if you had dyno'd stock at 160whp on that very same dyno, then it would actually mean something...
right now, well, it doesnt, other than "this dyno is reading lower than others", whether it's real power or just low reading...
the only thing my dyno numbers tell is that my headers + cutout gave me 25whp, that's all..
Old December 7th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Sweet man! Keep at it and you can certainly up those #'s if you want to.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
The O.G.

6 Highscores

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT-TT
horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
Mustang and dyno dynamics are no joke. Like I said, sti owners get hyped when they hit 300whp where I go.

While it is a bit low, a full bolt on gt should be in the 230-250 range on a mustang, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd trust a shop building a pinks all out winner.

If ga wasn't so far away, I'd be down but I'm near Seattle.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
horse-eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
Those numbers are the same as mine when I hit 3000rpms on my dyno run.

HAHA NO V2.0
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2012 Lancer Ralliart
deprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to behold
Personally I'm all about the Dynapacks...but I guess everyone has thier choice. Your numbers do seem really, really, really low. Considering stock at the crank your car is rated at 265hp. To only pull 212/213 after the mods you have is almost an insult.

Best of luck to you with that Dyno though...
Current Car: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP| Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by ME! | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Can | Agency Power 3" DP | Avid1 18x9 +35 | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated TP | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2/ZR-2 AFR+Boost |
deprydation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS!!!

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 07 GT-N Spyder 4.0
executive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to all
Screw a dyno.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Huge Member

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Steveo will become famous soon enough
Ya its just not right for your car to only put down those numbers..every dyno is different but at least close in range ..were all showing between 250 and 300 yet your getting 211 with practically the same bolts on ...our losing power somewhere or the dyno was messed up

Full Bolt On + Zex 75 wet shot ~ 353WHP~~327lbs TQ
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ates-ride.html
- SOLD-4 2004 Cadillac CTSV
RIP Matt (bullet06)
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Rob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really nice
As I have yet todo any mods I am considering a dyno run to have a baseline. What is the price range for having your car dynoed?
Rob Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
Pussy Magnet = Stock

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2012 Lancer Ralliart
deprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to beholddeprydation is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Z View Post
As I have yet todo any mods I am considering a dyno run to have a baseline. What is the price range for having your car dynoed?
Depends on where you go! Call around your local area to shops with a dyno and get a quote.
Current Car: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP| Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by ME! | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Can | Agency Power 3" DP | Avid1 18x9 +35 | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated TP | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2/ZR-2 AFR+Boost |
deprydation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #25 (permalink)

cheapest place by me is $100 and they do 3 runs
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

i paid $125 for 3 runs, in Canada... so i'd say $80-120... well worth it to have a baseline, i think, as once again that's what a dyno should be used for (measure improvements)
oh, and compare pee-pees on an online forum too
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
near me its 60 for 3 runs
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
and compare pee-pees on an online forum too
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Rob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really nice
Thanks All

Quote:
oh, and compare pee-pees on an online forum too
I just use a yard stick
Rob Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Huge Member

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Steveo will become famous soon enough
I've seen $50 for 3 near me

Full Bolt On + Zex 75 wet shot ~ 353WHP~~327lbs TQ
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ates-ride.html
- SOLD-4 2004 Cadillac CTSV
RIP Matt (bullet06)
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
air, air intake, body, car, cold, cold air, cold air intake, eclipse, engine, exhaust, intake, magnaflow, mod, mustang, obx, pipe, questions, shop, shops, show, speed, throttle body, trans, tune, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.