Weight Reduction - Numbers - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Eclipse Performance

Eclipse Performance Eclipse Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT 3.8
zikizira has a spectacular aura about
Weight Reduction - Numbers

Hi all,

This last holiday, I have spent some time testing my Eclipse GT. She was "busy" at the shop and tracks during the year, so I previously didnt have much time to play with her.
Btw, I have posted this in the brazilian Mitsubishi Club. English is not my native language, and I dont know the correct english word for all car pieces. I would be very gratefull if you make any correction.

I have started testing some weight reduction "theories" for the 4G. I could read lots of posts about this subject, but i havent got numbers and/or pictures. So I removed and weighted the following items:

- Back-seat;
- Spare tire;
- Tools;
- Trunk cover;
- Trunk floor;

The whole procedure was quite easy. Bellow are the results:

- Lower (horizontal) part of the back-seats: 4.2 Kg
IMG_0749

- Vertical part of the back-seats: 7.2 Kg
IMG_0748

- OEM Subwoofer: 6.9 Kg
IMG_0751

- Spare tire: 12.8 Kg
IMG_0750

- Tools: 4.4 Kg
IMG_0752

- Trunk cover: 2.0 Kg
IMG_0753

I have forgotten the trunk floor in the shop (320 miles away from here). I dont know its weight. Probably about 2Kg (will not include it for now).

See the car after this process:

IMG_0746

IMG_0747

These have given a total weight reduction of 37.5 Kg (82.6 lbs) . With another -12Kg from the coilover/exhaust/cai (I had the car weighted at each wheel in November), I think I have a good starting point for improving its performance.

I have done preliminary tests with my G-Tech Pro RR. I had improved my 0-60 times about 0.1s with just the -37.5kg, as expected from the math at 0-60 mph Calculator - 060calculator.com. I am going to make better measurements and post the results here (it was raining slightly at that day).

Next months, I am planing to go even further:

- Remove passenger seat: -23Kg (50lb);
- Replace driver seat for a Sparco Evo: -18Kg (60lb - 18.5lb);
- Install Volk Racing TE37 wheels: -14Kg;
- FC hood: -15Kg ?;
- FC trunk: -15Kg ?;
- Lighter battery: -10Kg;

Counting the already installed reductions:
- Coilovers: -12Kg;
- Seats, subwooker, spare tire: 37.5Kg

We could have about 145Kg (319 lbs) of total weight reduction, without doing anything not-reversible and keeping the interior quite good. This would translate to something similar to +30hp if I remember the math (1 hp for each 10 lb). That would be fantastic.

A side-effect of removing back-seats and trunk floor: engine sound is louder and more metallic from inside (I loved it).

I have tested these weight reduction in racing simulators (GTR2 and rFactor) where I have been building/modeling my Eclipses for the last months. As expected, the weight reduction improves acceleration, braking and handling. I could reduce my lap times accordingly. I cant wait to test this in the real tracks.

Update (Jun 23rd, 2009):
I have installed the Evo X Small Battery Kit from AMS Performance. The OEM battery is 17.7 Kg, while AMS Battery is 6.8Kg. Its almost 11Kg of weight reduction:

Best regards,
Ziki
2008 Eclipse GT AT: Injen CAI and Full Exhaust, Test-Pipe, Ripp Header, AEM FIC + Harness (untuned yet), Outlaw Thermoblok Kit, MR Coilovers, Energy susp. bushes, motor mounts, Ingalls Stiffy, Progress anti-sway bar, Tanabe Strut Bar and Low Tie Bar, StopTech ST-60 355x35 front brakes, Volk Racing CE28N 18x8.5 wheels, AMS Small Batt, Yokohama A048 Tires 225/40, BrianJ Shift Control Module, Milspec wiring.

Last edited by zikizira; June 23rd, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
zikizira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Name: Dane
Vehicle: '07 GT, Ultra Red
Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
awesome.......

pull the fuel cover off, and you can pull the interior pieces off the trunk hatch and inside the trunk as well, if you have a rear wiper I hear thats about 25lbs to pull that motor etc......but with the hatch replacement all that goes away neways........
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT-TT
horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
if you go to road race engineerings web site, they also have the corner wieghts for a full interior and completely gutted car.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
horse-eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 7th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Great writeup! You get eRep for that, sir

FYI, the front seats are also their namesake... buckets full of unnecessary weight, if you can spare getting rid of the coil heaters and electronic adjustable mechanism.

A different car altogether, but when I was installing heaters in the 3G seats, they easily weighed over 60lbs each! Also something to consider are the bumper core supports, which, depending on what you're trying to accomplish, are a safety feature that adds on significant weight to the vehicle. But again, it's a risky tradeoff. Then there's also the back hatch and sunroof assembly.
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Slippercream; January 7th, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danester View Post
awesome.......

pull the fuel cover off, and you can pull the interior pieces off the trunk hatch and inside the trunk as well, if you have a rear wiper I hear thats about 25lbs to pull that motor etc......but with the hatch replacement all that goes away neways........
I have tried to stick to things I could quickly do right before a race..then revert after it. Anyway, that would be a good suggestion, since I cant remember using the rear wiper (I had to check personally in the garage in order to confirm I have it).
2008 Eclipse GT AT: Injen CAI and Full Exhaust, Test-Pipe, Ripp Header, AEM FIC + Harness (untuned yet), Outlaw Thermoblok Kit, MR Coilovers, Energy susp. bushes, motor mounts, Ingalls Stiffy, Progress anti-sway bar, Tanabe Strut Bar and Low Tie Bar, StopTech ST-60 355x35 front brakes, Volk Racing CE28N 18x8.5 wheels, AMS Small Batt, Yokohama A048 Tires 225/40, BrianJ Shift Control Module, Milspec wiring.
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
Great writeup! You get eRep for that, sir

FYI, the front seats are also their namesake... buckets full of unnecessary weight, if you can spare getting rid of the coil heaters and electronic adjustable mechanism.

A different car altogether, but when I was installing heaters in the 3G seats, they easily weighed over 60lbs each!
I have read in this forum that the driver seat has 60 lb, while the passenger has 50 lb. This weekend, I am going to remove and weight them, so we get more exact numbers.
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
I think ACI sells a plug for the hole if you remove the rear wiper, thats a heavy part, and the 08-09's don't have it stock.......I know I don't use mine.......but it would be something you can leave out permanently.......
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

the seat weights depend on whether or not you have the 6 way adjustable or not, mine are just the regular cloth seats, and I pulled the driver side one and I don't think it weighed more than 35.........but I didn't wiegh it........silversniper has some nice lightweight ones installed.......

Finally posting my RIPP SDS 06 GT post 141 on page 4........

Last edited by Danester; January 8th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
Danester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
And for those who're really die hard about keeping their asses hot, you must know that there's a much lighter... and greener ... alternative to having a radiator under your seat...

slippercream/Heated Seat Install - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And no, Wolf... that's not an ultra-mega-maxi pad
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, the rear wiper is easy to nuke.

i have taken the passenger seat out of mine, i have heated leather. and just the non automatic seat wieghs 65+ easy

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

65+!!!! holy hell, that's like having one of your kids in the car with you......I'm soo glad I got cloth with no upgrades, even no sunroof here......
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Yeah but even the cloth ones weigh a ton, Dane. Note that the rails alone weigh a good 15 lbs. Plus the ass-cup and seat back frame.
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

yeah, i went to pick it up and all i could think of was how it felt the same as a really heavy rucksack...

i dont want to know how bad the drivers seat is.

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

I pulled my cloth non 6 way adjustable, non heated seat out and set it on the garage floor.......if it weighed 40 lbs, I'm a black man with a diamonds in my grille..........
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Also, another thing for the truly die-hard -

all the AC components will weigh about 100lbs easy. Just the condenser assembly alone will be about 40lbs. Take away all the A/C and heater stuff in the engine bay, and HVAC plumbing in the cabin and you'd already have reduced the weight of your car by a wife or full grown daughter.

A couple of other ideas - engine block underbrace (interior piece) redone in aluminum, aluminum oil pan, aluminum radiator, battery relocation to rear, rear hatch and glass panels... WHEELS...

Lots of opportunities. But not for the daily driven nor faint of heart
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

I got an aluminum oil pan.........tranny pan as well (auto)
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

yeah... lol im fixing to add 100lbs of crap to my car. so there are going to be some things pulled out to make up the difference

but ziki, there isnt much past what you have already done that is easily put back in. unless you start replacing parts with custom lighter pieces... on my 3g i had the little 1/4 windows redone in CF, the rear hatch was lexan, the fuel tank was gone for a fuel cell that was about 1/2 the size, a 'miata' battery, etc...

Last edited by horse-eater; January 8th, 2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old January 8th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
What Drives You?

bed pan?
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Name: Ruben
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS-Turbo
leet will become famous soon enough
is this true 10 lbs = 1 hp?
in that case i should be looking into rear hatch cf and fenders
already got the cf hood
leet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

the CF fenders wiegh more than the stock fenders...

and no, you don't actually gain HP from losing wieght. thats just a horrible way to say that. every 100lbs you take will equate to .1-.2 off your 1/4mile time

Old January 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Call me Sparky!

Vehicle: 07 GT
snoeclipse is just really nicesnoeclipse is just really nicesnoeclipse is just really nicesnoeclipse is just really nice
pay attention to the front/rear weight distro. The 4G is already kind of weight-biased towards the front and a lot of those removals are behind the drivers seating position.

A battery relo to the spare tire well will help this some.
07 GT Sportronic, Deep Red Pearl. Daily-driver year around, good tires really make a difference in the snow! I like the 6G75 just like it is, the 5sp slushbox really does need a real mechanical LSD though......
snoeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Taking the AC out will help the front weight too..

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
What Drives You?

I wonder, though, if taking weight off the front any further will do anything to get the car off the line quicker. Of course, it's pertinent to when you're taking the twisties, but for bloated torque and lack of traction?

Damnit --- I have a proposal: why don't the GT gearheads start talking about a solution to getting all four wheels to spin with the accelerator instead?
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

because it would be cheaper to buy a new car........I found a junkyard motor, I plumbed the guys bathroom in his basement,(about 6 hrs labor) and he's bringing it home from his work (the junkyard) next week when he has the flatbed, and I have my cherry picker out of storage.......I'm gonna take a hammer and chisel and crack that sucker open and see what it's gonna take to put some pinkies in that bad boy.........
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
What Drives You?

WHAT THE FUCK, DANE??!

You gots yourself a spare 6G74-M?

Good deal, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danester
because it would be cheaper to buy a new car........
Highly doubt that. All we need is a suitable tranny or way to properly affix a tcase and there are so many ways you could source the rest.

Last edited by Slippercream; January 9th, 2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

we'll be lookin' at doing some major head work as well.....I've been following the threads about this and I'm interested........
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Hmmm... I hate you... Carl style

I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY jealous...
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #29 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
If your talking about at the track Lawrence, then as long as you can get rid of the wheel hop then just get some slicks...

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Yeah I guess. Not that I'd really care to gut the car out. I think I've gone past fiddling with that kind of idea that I'm more concerned about giving the car more power than taking away weight. I love its creature comforts as they are, and in truth, if I ever do end up building the engine up and make it go fast, it's likely just for personal satisfaction and closure in knowing that it can, and has been successfully done to the degree I imagined possible.

I'm not going to waste a perfectly good car on showing it off to the world to scrutinize, or to only lose it in some freak accident over bragging rights.

Yeah. I think I'm really getting old...
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
I wonder, though, if taking weight off the front any further will do anything to get the car off the line quicker. Of course, it's pertinent to when you're taking the twisties, but for bloated torque and lack of traction?

Damnit --- I have a proposal: why don't the GT gearheads start talking about a solution to getting all four wheels to spin with the accelerator instead?
Didnt really look up much but what about the 6 speed VR4 tranny not sure if the mating is even close or not

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

there are miles of discussion about RWD and AWD swaps. lets keep this thread to wieght reduction stuff.

i have a few solid ideas. and MikeW has even more. they are pretty easy, just expensive. if you wanna talk about it start a new thread.

Old January 9th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse-eater View Post
there are miles of discussion about RWD and AWD swaps. lets keep this thread to wieght reduction stuff.

i have a few solid ideas. and MikeW has even more. they are pretty easy, just expensive. if you wanna talk about it start a new thread.
I would like to hear your ideas, but last time I talked about this in another thread, people came with the default answer: "buy another car". I would love to have an Eclipse GT 4G AWD, not an Evo, not a Subaru, just an Eclipse. Would you mind opening such thread in order to discuss your ideas? As a senior member, I think people will respect you more.

Thank you,
Ziki
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

im pretty sure a search will show them up fairly easy. but let me know if you cant find anything.

Old January 9th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

ya, that topic has been beat to death a few times......to some its a pipe dream, and to others its just a pipe.......

hey Ziki, are you doing the lightweight rotors and lugs as well? I was looking at some forged aluminum lugs that were literally like 5lbs lighter........that was for all 20 lugs you flamers.......

be sure to drain out your winsheild washer reservoir......its just liquid you don't need........or keep it only 1/4 full if you think you need it on the track........have you pulled all the speakers and stereo equipment out yet? you can get cheezmo speakers that weigh half what the stockies do, and still have some music, it'll just suck........ how about all those airbags? think of pulling those out?
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #36 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS/SE
Sikis will become famous soon enough
I'm thinking of doing mostly carbon fiber swapping. Carbon fiber hood, hatch, fenders, spoiler, lips/side skirts...The only thing is I have NO idea if the silver of my car is going to look terrible with that much carbon fiber, the front/back lips especially.
Sikis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
OldNut

Name: Noel
Vehicle: 06 eclipse gs
toortool is a jewel in the roughtoortool is a jewel in the rough
^i think it would look SHWEEEET!
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:14 AM   #38 (permalink)

Name: Jesse Sepulveda
Vehicle: 06 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
allstarflash is just really niceallstarflash is just really niceallstarflash is just really nice
i was reading and you guys posted that 10lbs= 1 hp, i thought it was 13.5= 1 hp, well at least for our car!?
allstarflash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Name: Cody
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
Mr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond reputeMr DSM has a reputation beyond repute
this is good info...why is it not stickied?
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed to this thread, very great progress you are inspiring me to do something like this, spring break project HERE I COME.

I am going to pitch in for this thread;
of course this is for hardcore track;
the window motors are pretty darn heavy, gutting the doors would be a pretty significant saving
A lot of great ideas were already mentioned, I am going to do the lightweight battery/ drain some fluid/ get rid of wiper.

depending on your weight you could get on a diet / start working out.

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles

Last edited by EclipseFL07; February 15th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
0-60, 2009, cai, car, eclipse, eclipse gt, exhaust, good, handling, hood, interior, kit, lower, mitsubishi, oem, performance, racing, seat, seats, sound, subwoofer, tire, total, wheel, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.