Turbo my GT using parts from a evo X - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Forced Induction & Nitrous Turbo, Supercharger and Nitrous

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: BIG Jon
Vehicle: 2006eclispeGT
Ghost2006_GT is on a distinguished road
Turbo my GT using parts from a evo X

Okay so I need help advice me and my boy wann turbo my 3.8 eclispe since there are no current kits out there it has to be custom so question can I use the evo stock turbo intercooler and He has spare BOV boost controller and tons of other stuff we have a shop already what would I need to get thanks guys
Ghost2006_GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
In theory, you can use whatever parts you want, if you know how to make it all work together. Since there's no kit, and only like 4 people have turbo'd their GT (all in completely different ways, I might add), there's no right or wrong way, or set parts list. I too have been planning a turbo build, and I'm hoping to maybe get started this summer, if not next spring. You just need to do a lot of research and see what parts work well together, and decide what direction you want to go. There's just so many variables to take into consideration.
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
+1

Turboing a GT is really a custom job through and through. Aside from the basics of how to turbo any car, we can't offer too much advice. You've got to go your own path, in essence.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 16th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys I am just trying get as much as I can these fucking ripp kits can't be found lol or I would just get one lol
Old February 17th, 2017, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
How serious are you about this?....Be honest....because your gonna go down a rabbit hole if you want to do forced induction the right way on this car (let alone at all), information wise and money wise. I'm not trying to put you down or discourage your goals, really I'm not. But if you just found some leftover EVO X parts and think hey lets throw em on my Eclipse to make it go faster, you are in for a LOOOOTTTT more than you think. That being said, the best way to go IMHO without going nutso on the pocket book, engine pulled apart on the bench top, and "WTF is my ECU thinking during spool up? GAHHHHHH!!!!" is to run a RIPP kit with the biggest pulley (lowest boost psi) and get a reflash. Its appropriately sized, the boost builds linearly with the engine rpm so tuning is way easier, it bolts on and FITS and you don't have to swap internals to forged(whether or not you should is part of the rabbit hole). Even then, don't drive through Texas in the summer or *ping*ping*ping*knock*knock*waaamp-waaamp.
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lol totally understand u we know we where looking at 5 to 10 k for this build but we have a great shop who built both of my friends evo but part wise with all the extra evo stuff we where see if we could save in that department at least our shop does custom busies and race fabrication so we know a lot of custom work is needed
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

So with that said I am looking to go the RIPP supercharge way more than turbo but at the moment I have a full exhaust and CAI I and thinking of getting header and just getting a tune cause my GT is a daily and my goal is score a evo x within this year

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.