Bad Guy: Global Autosales in Ottawa Ontario - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Marketplace > Good Guys/Bad Guys

Good Guys/Bad Guys Rate vendors and fellow members about their trade practices here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008 GS
4GLeaf is on a distinguished road
Global Autosales in Ottawa Ontario

I'm here to rant about the dealership that sold me my 2008 Eclipse GS!

At first, things were quite nice. They accepted our offer of 6k (initial price 6.75k) and they did a conditional sale too!

Our conditions were:
Fix squeak emitting from the engine (turned out to be the timing belt)
Fix water in right fog light

Easy, right?

Well as it turns out the passenger door hinge (whatever it's called) was broken so they offered to fix it for free... Sweet.

They couldn't fix the squeak when we picked up the car so they told us to come back in a weeks time and they will redo the timing belt, gaskets, pulleys and water pump. All it would cost us was the price of water pump... SCORES!

We purchased a new set of H1 LED high beam bulbs that matched the specs of the existing H1 High beam bulb that was very dark and tired.
We asked Global auto sales to install the light bulbs while they were doing the existing work and they agreed to for free (so we thought).

We were told that this whole operation would be 4-5 hours. Well it's been 2 days and I STILL don't have my car back.

And get this... Apparently the light bulbs we bought weren't "the right ones" so Globals solution was to rip out the majority of the ballasts for my HID kit, somehow put shitty yellowish head light bulbs ALL AROUND in place of my existing ice blue HID bulbs that did NOT need to be replaced (we said to ONLY touch the high beam bulbs) and they did this all without our consent or knowledge and had the audacity to laugh at my father, and charge him 45$ for the service.
The icing on top of the cake is after all of that, the high beam bulbs that they installed (which weren't the ones we provided them) started smoking!! So now the car sits at the dealer yet another night, and my HID kit is ruined because I'm missing ballasts, and the light bulbs are gone too!

4GLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ricer

6 Highscores

Name: James
Vehicle: 2009 GS
Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2
Wow, what the fuck. They probably looked it up in their system and saw the car takes an H13 bulb instead of the H1, so if they didn't understand the lights are aftermarket, I can see their confusion trying to retrofit H13's in.

Destroying your HIDs though... Wow. They should be replacing them, or making sure they work again... They shouldn't of even touched your low beams.

4-5 hours to change the timing belt, water pump, and bulbs is way too optimistic. To change the headlights you have to remove the front bumper cover, which can take a bit if you're unsure how it's done, or the plastic rivets are worn out (they will be, lol)

It's more of a full day job for all of that combined, and it sounds like these guys are some serious clowns. Depending on how many K's though, you may not have ended up too poorly, for a dealership sale at least. I can't remember how many you've got.

My Build Thread
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Never trust a stealership... this is why I either do my own wrenching or I take it to a guy I know and trust. Sorry to hear about that, Thomas. Hopefully it all works out.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 30th, 2017, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well the car is back home and working. Sadly I am back to regular old yellow-ish white headlight bulbs all around. They gave us back the wire harness, ballasts and lightbulbs for the ice blue headlight setup (one of the bulbs was smashed).

They also failed to mount one of two ballasts needed for something else on the headlights, so one ended up dragging its way home. Still works though! I have it mounted temporarily inside the front bumper with double tape haha.

I also noticed a ding on the fender, I thought it was caused by them, however looking at a picture I took the day I brought the car home I seem to be able to make out a ding in the photo too so it might have been something we overlooked. May look into getting it fixed if it isn't too costly.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, they didn't re attach the rubber weather proofing plugs (whatever they're called, they prevent moisture from going into the headlights) so I had to put those back on myself. Just in time for tomorrows snow storm!
Old March 30th, 2017, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 08/GS/AUTO
V8GSGoboom is on a distinguished road
Last week I got an oil change and brakes, they also installed new rotors (WITHOUT) my consent and told me that it was mandatory too change them because of the condition they were in.. long story short... I got free rotors and discount on my brakes and oil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14909018443111308465909_1490901913143.jpg (29.5 KB, 12 views)
V8GSGoboom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gamer

Sorry the picture quality went to shit after the upload but trust me there new
Old March 30th, 2017, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8GSGoboom View Post
Last week I got an oil change and brakes, they also installed new rotors (WITHOUT) my consent and told me that it was mandatory too change them because of the condition they were in.. long story short... I got free rotors and discount on my brakes and oil
Quite lucky it worked out well for you in the end. They want us to come back to them (the dealer) for an oil change.. Hah fat chance!
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gamer

If they trashed your old light blubs treat them like your bitch. Because they are at this point if the above is 100% true unfortunately the untold truth is in court. The customer ends up getting the better deal. they don't like court. Make them replace your shit!!! Good luck
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ricer

6 Highscores

Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2
Yeah, don't settle for their shit. Have them fix your lights. You may have gone from $100 HIDs to $20 halogens

My Build Thread
Old March 31st, 2017, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

They were going to fix them but at that point my father and I had enough. I need a car more than I need 100$ HIDs. Was missing lots of class and such. The new bulbs are somewhat brighter compared to the old HIDs but they just don't look as good lol.
Old March 31st, 2017, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ricer

6 Highscores

Sounds like you had the $30 eBay kit then, lol. Not as bad a loss, but they still fucked you over

My Build Thread
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
All that jerking around over some silly lights? smh
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
All that jerking around over some silly lights? smh
Yes, I was quite annoyed. I would have just left the car as is and taken the high beam bulbs back (they didn't use them anyway).

Tags
08 eclipse, 2008, auto, back, broken, car, door, eclipse, eclipse gs, engine, fog, head, hid, install, kit, offer, ontario, rip, sale, sales, service, squeak, timing, top, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« 6G75 Voyager | - »