Upgrade fuel pump for turbo? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Forced Induction & Nitrous > GS

GS Forced induction on a GS

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Jovan is on a distinguished road
Upgrade fuel pump for turbo?

Quick question...going to boost my GS. Planning to do the WRX 440cc injectors, 8lbs of boost. Do I have to upgrade my fuel pump like to a Walbro 255lph? I havent really seen anyone say they had to upgrade. Thanks.
Jovan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Few people have them. I heard a evo x will fit and Ripp says they have one.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh ok. Will the Walbro 255lph fit? I have an extra one from my last build that would save my money.
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
No a hair too thick and too tall. Height isn't a big deal, you cab rig the filter on. I've seen it done. Not sure what it took.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cool i'll just try it and see if i can get it on.
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Mitsu Ralliart Turbo
Ralliart_on_lsd has a spectacular aura about
it will fit. the one i have in my car is the warlboro 255. i cant spell it though lol.
Ralliart_on_lsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: '07 M175U815H1 3CL1P53 GS
infuriated is on a distinguished road
What are the benefits of upgrading the fuel pump for an 8psi, 440cc application? (As that is the same as I am going with)
Soon to be installed: T3/T4 50 Trim Hybrid Turbo, Full Tubular Manifold, Forge Blow-Off Valve, 38mm Tial Wastegate with 10psi spring, 1,100 cfm Intercooler, 440cc Subaru WRX Injectors, Greddy Profec B II Boost Controller, Intake/Intercooler/Exhaust Piping, AEM FIC, GT Throttle Body, Outlaw Engineering Throttle Body Spacer, Oil Catch Can, PLX M-300 Tuner Edition Wideband, RRE Underdrive Pulley, RRE Magnaflow Exhaust.
infuriated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

^^ Im wondering about this question too. with low boost, is a W255 necessary? Or would the stock pump suffice?
Old November 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Vehicle: 2005 Galant ES
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan View Post
^^ Im wondering about this question too. with low boost, is a W255 necessary? Or would the stock pump suffice?
Think about the consequences if the stock pump doesn't cut it. There is your answer.
Old November 6th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Low boost I think stock would be fine. However there is a write up on the w255 install on a 3g on the tearstone site. They had the same size issues so it should help a lot

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Tournaments Won: 2

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
spyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond repute
What most people did on their GS is install an inline pump to add the extra fuel.

http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...3-history.html
PM me for info on getting a custom 4G harness bar made.
spyder8213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

cool that answers that. lol.
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

The W255 pump is pretty much drop in correct? Or will I need to rewire or replumb anything?
Old November 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Theta II

DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHunter78 View Post
Low boost I think stock would be fine. However there is a write up on the w255 install on a 3g on the tearstone site. They had the same size issues so it should help a lot
^^

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
I forget how but I know you can rewire the stock pump at least in the 3G to flow closer to 225. Look for a right up on club 3g or tearstone
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHunter78 View Post
Thanks found it:
Tearstone Performance - Fuel Pump Install - (99)2000-2005 Eclipse/Stratus/Galant
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT-TT
horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
A stock EVO-X fuel pump drops in 100% with no modifications.

Kinda pricey for a stock fuel pump, but if you are staying under 18psi itll be perfect.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
horse-eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse-eater View Post
A stock EVO-X fuel pump drops in 100% with no modifications.

Kinda pricey for a stock fuel pump, but if you are staying under 18psi itll be perfect.
Like this?: FUEL PUMP Mitsubishi EVO 1-9 IX X Galant Turbo 255 LPH:eBay Motors (item 360141549815 end time Nov-18-09 12:25:20 PST)
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
a STOCK EVO X fuel pump. not an aftermarket pump.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

spyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond reputespyder8213 has a reputation beyond repute
The cheapest I"ve seen a stock Evo X fuel pump is a little over $500. I was gonna go that route as well.

Old November 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
The O.G.

8 Highscores

call junk yards dude, mine was less than 200 bucks, 5300 miles on it

Old November 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm gonna check on that. I"m also thinking of trying to see if I can get an Evo IX Steering wheel and airbag fitted on the 4G. Get it looking like the RalliArt version.

Old November 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ha Ha! I just found one for $180 at my door.

Old November 9th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: 99 vr4
sp33dracerman has a spectacular aura about
yes always increase fuel pump capabilities for forced induction it may cost more to regulater butter better than detonation
sp33dracerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Sweet! Just bought an Evo X fuel pump for $180.

Jovan, you can get them here Used Car Parts - Standard Auto Wreckers

Old November 11th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #26 (permalink)

Name: Ruben
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS-Turbo
leet will become famous soon enough
wow thanks
they dont have one yet but i will request it.
leet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Theta II

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder8213 View Post
I'm gonna check on that. I"m also thinking of trying to see if I can get an Evo IX Steering wheel and airbag fitted on the 4G. Get it looking like the RalliArt version.
Im actually looking into the colt RA steering wheel looks much better than the evo wheel IMO

Old November 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #28 (permalink)

Leet, that's just one place. If you google online junkyard and click on the first or second link, it'll hook you up with more place that have that price.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Name: Raymond
Vehicle: 2010/Eclipse/GS
Reireii will become famous soon enough
is the 09 Ralliart Fuel Pump an match also?
Reireii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
Since this is a pretty good info thread, and the links are dead and gone, it does need to be refreshed with the increased desire of folks wanting to boost.
This might be a winner, although someone else needs to clarify.
WALBRO FUEL PUMP MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION EVO 8 9 | eBay

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, stiffy, mounts.
WANT: GT Throttle body... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Turbo GS

Vehicle: 06-GST
meDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of light
This is what all the cool kids are using these days.

DW65c Compact In-Tank Fuel Pump | Fuel Pumps | DeatschWerks | DeatschWerks.com

$150 and direct drop in. I've been using it for a cpl months now with no problems. I'm stock right now, but this is an upgrade for the EVOX so it'll be able to handle what ever injectors we want to put in. I'll be using WRX 440's
Performance: Air Research T3/T4 Turbo w/STR cast iron manifold, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost EBC, 3.0" Turbo to Axle Exhaust w/ 2.0" Dual Outlets, Ported Intake Manifold with GT TB Swap, Ralco RZ Short Shifter, RPW Thermal Spacer Kit
Suspension: Evo Brembo Swap, Cusco Strut Tower Bar, BC BR Coilovers, Progress Rear Swaybar, 4G Rear Body Brace Bar, Wavetrac LSD
meDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Turbo GS

Vehicle: 06-GST
meDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlGreenNMean View Post
Since this is a pretty good info thread, and the links are dead and gone, it does need to be refreshed with the increased desire of folks wanting to boost.
This might be a winner, although someone else needs to clarify.
WALBRO FUEL PUMP MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION EVO 8 9 | eBay
Walbro is a good pump, but not direct drop in you have to cut up your pump housing in order to use. It was the only option before, but now with the DW 65C you get the flow you need without losing you internal regulator.
Performance: Air Research T3/T4 Turbo w/STR cast iron manifold, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost EBC, 3.0" Turbo to Axle Exhaust w/ 2.0" Dual Outlets, Ported Intake Manifold with GT TB Swap, Ralco RZ Short Shifter, RPW Thermal Spacer Kit
Suspension: Evo Brembo Swap, Cusco Strut Tower Bar, BC BR Coilovers, Progress Rear Swaybar, 4G Rear Body Brace Bar, Wavetrac LSD
meDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Name: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT
Animefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really nice
I got my evo x pump for $50 via ebay.
Animefreak1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
OceanStateTuning has a spectacular aura about
Wow, old thread, EvoX pump is a direct fit, most new cars run this style smaller pump, Civic Si's and such. Do with the Deatchwerks, it fits, it works and it will save lots of swear words when trying to install a Walbro.

Why you should not modify your 4G Eclipse Fuel Basket for Walbro 255 - YouTube

4G Eclipse DeatschWerks DW65c Install - YouTube
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
nice vids kyle. Very good info
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
For Reference sake, because I went on a wild goose chase for a bit...
DW65c , The model you want is 9-651-1009

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, stiffy, mounts.
WANT: GT Throttle body... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
boost, fuel, fuel pump, injectors, question, turbo, walbro, walbro 255lph

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.