Cry 02 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Forced Induction & Nitrous > GT

GT Forced Induction on a GT

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT
nagol is on a distinguished road
Cry 02

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I heard something about a cry 02 system. I found dei's website and have been poking around in there for a little bit. Has anybody ran this system at all? I am kind of confused on it. So basically it just cools the air, or fuel to extremes? Essentially is this in replacement to nitrous? what are the pro's con's? Couldn't you just get an intercooler?
Injen cai, obx long tube headers, aem FIC w/ brian j harness, 20% tint, interior blue neons, custom ipod dash mount, 2 jl audio w3, aero kit, Outlaw spacers, custom badges, custom paint, tinted tails coming soon: 2010 Yamaha r6
nagol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Trevor has it and no you can't just get an intercooler. One an Intercooler is going to decrease the velocity of the air your getting on a N/A car 2. An Intercooler isn't going to cool the air to -80 degrees. 3. No its not a replacement for nitrous just a safer alternative. I think DEI claims around 40whp I don't think trevor has actually dyno'd it though.

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Get nitrous instead. If you don't you will CRY about how much money you spent.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

^haha well put!! soo basically for the money its not that great? Alright, hopefully Trevor adds some input here. I know alot of guys on here are running nitrous, but just wanted to kind of compare the 2, I suppose. I was thinkin about going on the bottle, but it gets expensive to fill!! I suppose I should just suck it up, cuz alteast its not costing me the upper end of 2 grand, like it would for a supercharger lol
Injen cai, obx long tube headers, aem FIC w/ brian j harness, 20% tint, interior blue neons, custom ipod dash mount, 2 jl audio w3, aero kit, Outlaw spacers, custom badges, custom paint, tinted tails coming soon: 2010 Yamaha r6
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
You still have to pay to fill the CO2 also. Dollar per hp the nitrous will always win.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: J.R. McIntyre
Vehicle: 1992 acura integra gsr
da9gsr is a jewel in the roughda9gsr is a jewel in the rough
its for boosted cars to cool down the intake charge even more, it in itself doesn't add horsepower, and you really only need it if your putting down insane numbers, a n/a car wouldnt really benefit from it
da9gsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
4G69er

Name: Daniel
Location: Where the only team in the NFL that had a perfect season resides...
Vehicle: CS7A
Lanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of light
Nitrous is boss !!! Without it you'll lose hahaha
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

ohhh! alright..thanks da9gsr, i wasn't aware of that. So it looks like nitrous is the way to go then lol
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
The redneck

Name: Jordan
Vehicle: 2006 Trailblazer SS
dentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud of
CryO2 isn't SOLELY for boosted cars--it can be used on N/A as well but with less beneficial results. They create kits for both setups. Either way, if I were boosted I'd probably look towards a meth injection system if I were looking to cool intake temps.

But yeah, in this case: Nitrous FTW.
dentedz71guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Theta II

DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by da9gsr View Post
its for boosted cars to cool down the intake charge even more, it in itself doesn't add horsepower, and you really only need it if your putting down insane numbers, a n/a car wouldnt really benefit from it
Why do people insist on posting misleading, and blatantly wrong info?

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 95 Eclipse GSX
Justin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
x2

My Hustle never stop like a car with bad brakes.
'95 GSX/6 Bolt Swapped/HX35/Custom SMIM/FP Intake/2.5" Short Route IC Piping/Greddy Type S BOV/Big FMIC/750cc FIC's/Chipped EPROM ECU/DsmLink V3/AEM UEGO/AEM TruBoost/B&M STS/Punishment Racing radiator w/2x slimfans/BBS RX 17" Powdercoated GunMetal
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: matt
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs
gsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nice
because if no one checks them out and people on there other end dont know anything they belive them so thats how alot of wrong direction goes think army it is a real life forum lol
gsxtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
i love how you think my info is wrong because you yourself probably have no idea what it does or even how it works, it cools the intake charge and or fuel system period, whether its n/a or turbo thats all it freakin does. It is NOT like nitrous ( N2O ), which adds horsepower by adding more oxygen and nitrogen, it is ( CO2 ) or carbon dioxide which your car expels after combustion, it does not benefit from putting it back into the intake unless it's only to cool the air already going in, in which case a denser colder air will result in more power. But i'm glad to see you post about me not knowing what im talking about, but then you don't post what it does or anything to correct me, why is that, is it because everything i posted is correct, why yes that is the exact reason why.
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Love that car

Name: Dane Bush
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GT
20eclipse08 has a spectacular aura about
hostility
20eclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
jvu
Cocknozzle

Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GT-P
jvu is just really nicejvu is just really nicejvu is just really nice
retard
jvu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Theta II

Quote:
Originally Posted by da9gsr View Post
i love how you think my info is wrong because you yourself probably have no idea what it does or even how it works, it cools the intake charge and or fuel system period, whether its n/a or turbo thats all it freakin does. It is NOT like nitrous ( N2O ), which adds horsepower by adding more oxygen and nitrogen, it is ( CO2 ) or carbon dioxide which your car expels after combustion, it does not benefit from putting it back into the intake unless it's only to cool the air already going in, in which case a denser colder air will result in more power. But i'm glad to see you post about me not knowing what im talking about, but then you don't post what it does or anything to correct me, why is that, is it because everything i posted is correct, why yes that is the exact reason why.
I know exactly what it does, and your statement was that Cry02 was only for boosted cars. Yes it cools the intake, and fuel. Which is not only beneficial to boosted applications. Its beneficial to any engine, anywhere on any application. Yes cooling the air and making it denser increase's you HP, as well as cooling your fuel increase's HP. No it does not add HP the same way N2o does, but it does add HP. However your statement that it is only for boosted cars is WRONG.

If you want to know if there is difference than PM Trevor he is sponsored by DEI, and has it on his 4g. I'm sure he will be more than happy to tell you all about it

Old April 9th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
The redneck

Name: Jordan
Vehicle: 2006 Trailblazer SS
dentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud ofdentedz71guy has much to be proud of
M'fkin WERD.
dentedz71guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

so it adds what like 5-10 hp to the crank for $650+, and thats only if you can get the intake temp down 30-40 degrees, so not worth the time, effort or money for a n/a car
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT Auto
Trevorcjones is just really niceTrevorcjones is just really niceTrevorcjones is just really nice
Hey guys, saw this post and had to put in my input =P

Basically this kit IMO is worth the money. If you shop around you can get the 10lb kit and intake adapter for 350 shipped. Install is a Saturday afternoon DIYer so no big deal there

On a hot summer day I think you can gain 20hp or more, but its because of heat soak mainly. In the winter I used the kit (around 20 degrees out) and I could barely feel a difference. However, the visual additions are worth 100$ by itself given you have a cool purging thing for shows, definately a conversation mod.

Purchase it, intall it, use it, you will like it. Can't be compared to NOS though, it isn't really the same thing.

Want some custom decals/overlays? - Click here
Trevorcjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

thank you trevor for posting in here, as you are the only one that actually has this system. I like in south florida, so it is almost ALWAYS hot here, with the exception of this winter. So based on the theory of the hotter it is outside the more beneficial it is, i think it could be pretty useful here. Is this something that I could run WITH nitrous? i know this has a co2 bottle, would that be too much going with both systems? sounds like if its possible to run the c02 then a nice little 50 shot would be pretty diesel!
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

the amount of hp you get out of the system is all dependent on how cold you can get your intake air, site says 5-10% increase for a 50 degree drop in temp, real world dyno'd is more like 2% increase and an average of 10-20 degree drop and for the price you could buy nitrous, which would be more reliable from a hp standpoint
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Theta II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagol View Post
thank you trevor for posting in here, as you are the only one that actually has this system. I like in south florida, so it is almost ALWAYS hot here, with the exception of this winter. So based on the theory of the hotter it is outside the more beneficial it is, i think it could be pretty useful here. Is this something that I could run WITH nitrous? i know this has a co2 bottle, would that be too much going with both systems? sounds like if its possible to run the c02 then a nice little 50 shot would be pretty diesel!
Yeah a buddy have mine has a tibby with both setup

Old April 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
4G69er

Lanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds nice to brag about but I'd only use it for cooling fuel and then it wouldn't be very cost effective. But to each his own
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Yeah a buddy have mine has a tibby with both setup/QUOTE] ohh yeah? does he like it? or does it not make a huge difference? i mean for the money..figure it will be 1500 tops for both set ups, even if its only a 50 shot, but technically we could do 75 pretty damn safe then..it would murder a turbo right?
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Theta II

His tibby is more for show than go lol, but a 75 shot yes we can d0 75 safe. Its about equal to 7.5 lbs of boost

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #26 (permalink)

ohh gotcha..soo basically the c02 would be a waste even in that case? lol
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
4G69er

75 all day on street !!!!!!!

Tags
air, cry 02, fuel, intercooler, nitrous, pro, system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.