Old nitrous - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Forced Induction & Nitrous > GT

GT Forced Induction on a GT

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Trenman is on a distinguished road
Old nitrous

My nitrous has always worked fine but it has sit for about a year and now seems like it does nothing when used. Does nitrous go bad?
Trenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
do you still have pressure in the tank? sounds like it may have all run out on you during that year....otherwise, check lines, trigger electronics, etc.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Name: Ian
Vehicle: 02 ZO6
Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
As long as no contaminates got into the valve...it should pretty much last forever.

EDIT: Tilt her forward. See if liquid runs out when you crack it open.
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I can hear the line charging... Does that mean it is definitly charging though? I purge the lines and it seems to shoot out densly
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's only a 50 shot, I didn't want to over do it. The "kick" was never really too noticeable as it was. Does this sound about right to others using a 50? It's a professionally installed Edelbrock system.
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenman View Post
I can hear the line charging... Does that mean it is definitly charging though? I purge the lines and it seems to shoot out densly
Quote:
It's only a 50 shot, I didn't want to over do it. The "kick" was never really too noticeable as it was. Does this sound about right to others using a 50? It's a professionally installed Edelbrock system.
What do you mean you can hear the line charging? I don't understand what you mean by that...

If your purge works like you described thats a pretty solid sign that nitrous in the bottle is still good.

Yes. The "kick" isn't all that noticeable. But, you do feel it.
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

What I mean by that it when I turn the knob on I can hear the sound of the pressure pressurizing the line. Like when you screw a CO2 tank onto
a paintball gun for the 1st time (if that helps).
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Quote:
What I mean by that it when I turn the knob on I can hear the sound of the pressure pressurizing the line. Like when you screw a CO2 tank onto
a paintball gun for the 1st time (if that helps).
That exactly what that is...the line is filling.

So whats the problem...? Sounds to me like you're ready to rock and roll.
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

I feel very little when I hit the button. I didn't expect a HUGE difference but a 50 shot = around 50hp so shouldn't I feel some kick in the ass?

Maybe I just remember it being more powerful than it was
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Are you tuned at all? If not then you are running crazy rich! That will make your 50shot feel like a 30 shot.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Quote:
I feel very little when I hit the button. I didn't expect a HUGE difference but a 50 shot = around 50hp so shouldn't I feel some kick in the ass?

Maybe I just remember it being more powerful than it was
I think part of it has to do with your adrenaline. Honestly.

When I'd hit my 50 shot, if I was pumped up already I wouldn't feel it. If I hit it just out messing around I'd feel the little bump.

I wouldn't call it a kick in the ass...

I barely feel my shot. Its a bump...you just know you're haulin' ass because the tach is moving like crazy and you're passing everyone.

I got a buddy on a 100 shot...different car...and literally there is 0 feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
Are you tuned at all? If not then you are running crazy rich! That will make your 50shot feel like a 30 shot.
He is right. The leaner you are the more you'll feel that pull.

Overall, sounds to me like you're fine. You may be able to lean it up a bit but you're running just fine...sounds like it anyway
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
4G69er

Name: Daniel
Location: Where the only team in the NFL that had a perfect season resides...
Vehicle: CS7A
Lanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of light
Just get the bottle filled then you'll know for sure you have nitrous in there and no just leftover air..And when you purge do you get a white cloud ?? If not your on empty...
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

yes its dense and white. Thanks for all your responses, clearly the nitrous is working correctly. Probably user error. Thanks

Tags
bad, nitrous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.