4G Lights - Options For The Aftermarket Projector Lights - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Vendors > Iconic Designz

Iconic Designz Iconic Designz focusing on headlight retrofits in order to optimize light output for a safer night time driving experience and a exclusive look for shows.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Jonathan
Vehicle: 2003 GS
Iconic Designz will become famous soon enough
4G Lights - Options For The Aftermarket Projector Lights

Got the 4G lights in today, opened one set to get an idea as to what exactly we'll be working with. In the process I swapped one of the normal halos for a CCFL. I'm not sure if anyone has posted side by side comparison before, but these will show the increased brightness of a CCFL swap. After we come up with more ideas on mods we'll post up a pricing guide.

If you have an idea for what you would like to see on these, post it up!
Iconic Designz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 06Eclipse Gs
ryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to behold
I would like to see them in chrome. (I'm prob the only one)
With the white LED strip on the bottom. (like audi)
With both the CCFL halos. ( I know you were just showing for comparison)

Maybe some little lights in the top little round holes.

Functional light strip for the top part too. Maybe plug it into the turn signals.

Maybe a set of lights without the clear cover too?

I've seen them on a lot of cars, not sure how well it would flow with the 4g, but it might be worth it.
Would look good on a blacked out car with black headlights with no clear cover.

anyone else think it might be a good idea?
ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
They call me the Wizzz

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
RyanWizdum is a jewel in the roughRyanWizdum is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
I would like to see them in chrome. (I'm prob the only one)
With the white LED strip on the bottom. (like audi)
With both the CCFL halos. ( I know you were just showing for comparison)

Maybe some little lights in the top little round holes.

Functional light strip for the top part too. Maybe plug it into the turn signals.

I've seen them on a lot of cars, not sure how well it would flow with the 4g, but it might be worth it.
Would look good on a blacked out car with black headlights with no clear cover.

anyone else think it might be a good idea?
sounds good to me. id like to see something like that done too. I really do like the audi bottom strips
RyanWizdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
something along the lines of demon eyes. these r just straight up amazing

Heartless Designs | 4G ECLIPSE RETROFIT HEADLIGHT PACKAGE | Online Store Powered by Storenvy

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

What do you mean about being chrome? They do sell a full chrome set of lights this style.

Do you guys want an audi style strip like this?
On
Off
There's a trade-off with those in that they don't look good off and are quite noticeable, but look pretty bright when on. There are other styles that hide much better, but aren't as bright. Such as these, which I do have on hand.
Here

The round holes already have LEDs in them, what do you have in mind?
Quote:
This is in the works.

Quote:
You mean smoked lenses?

All good suggestions, thanks.
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 2011 BMW 335i X-Drive
OrangeCrush is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeCrush is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeCrush is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeCrush is a glorious beacon of light
1) Wire it to be able to have the low beams on when the high beams are.

OR

2) Do a clean HID projector retrofit, delete the current blinker/parking light, wire the turn signal to the top strip and wire the parking light to the current high beam location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
you shall be pro troll second in command! lol but yeah we do dude. fucking awesome. specially when shit really hits the fan
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Dual CCFLs, "Ice White" eyebrow

We could set the eyebrow up to act as a white running light and a flashing amber turn signal, We are currently working on a circuit to control the LEDs in the same manner that the switchback V2 turn signals work.

Also played with an Audi LED idea with a twist.

CCFLs + Audi strip.

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Looking great guyz! Glad to see this coming along!
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

ryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to behold
[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic Designz View Post
What do you mean about being chrome? They do sell a full chrome set of lights this style.

Do you guys want an audi style strip like this?
On
Off
There's a trade-off with those in that they don't look good off and are quite noticeable, but look pretty bright when on. There are other styles that hide much better, but aren't as bright. Such as these, which I do have on hand.
Here

The round holes already have LEDs in them, what do you have in mind?

This is in the works.

You mean smoked lenses?

All good suggestions, thanks.
Yeah, I was talking about a chrome set. I would want them chrome if it were me, but I'm prob the only one. Most people want the black housings.

The third strip style would look better I think, like you said, Any pics of them on a headlight?

The round holes already have LEDS in them?? Sorry, I didnt know.
Can you show them on please? Are they bright?

Thanks for the pics! Great work.

*** Does the 2nd (or closest to the blinker) halo have to have that little piece that cuts off some of the light on the bottom of it?
Looks like 2 little crews, maybe to hold the halo on? The other halo dosent have one though... Is it possible to get rid of that?

No, not smoked lenses. The headlights that have NO lenses. There just the projectors exposed and usually the housing is color matched to the car or its black... Think you see it on newer rx7's.
The halos prob wouldnt last long being exposed, but it might look good without the halos on a black car with black housing and no lens. Just the demon eyes. Or whatever color.

like this....
http://www.urbantuning.com/miembros/...size-2109.html

Last edited by ryguy; March 21st, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
[/IMG]

Yeah, I was talking about a chrome set. I would want them chrome if it were me, but I'm prob the only one. Most people want the black housings.

The third strip style would look better I think, like you said, Any pics of them on a headlight?

The round holes already have LEDS in them?? Sorry, I didnt know.
Can you show them on please? Are they bright?

Thanks for the pics! Great work.

*** Does the 2nd (or closest to the blinker) halo have to have that little piece that cuts off some of the light on the bottom of it?
Looks like 2 little crews, maybe to hold the halo on? The other halo dosent have one though... Is it possible to get rid of that?

No, not smoked lenses. The headlights that have NO lenses. There just the projectors exposed and usually the housing is color matched to the car or its black... Think you see it on newer rx7's.
The halos prob wouldnt last long being exposed, but it might look good without the halos on a black car with black housing and no lens. Just the demon eyes. Or whatever color.

like this....
UrbanTuning - Álbum de khronus79: Mazda RX7 Fd - Foto
Oh, we only got a black set because it seemed more popular, we'll only work on a chrome set if someone sends it in for us to modify. The 3rd strip is what's used in the last 3 pictures. Following pics have those LEDs on, they are pretty much as bright as you can get with a single LED in that spot. The piece on the halo covers the part of the CCFL that isn't lit, we took it off and it just didn't look as good as with it on. Also won't be working with exposed housings due to a very high concern for reliability.

There will be additional pictures posted here in a couple hours, for the most part we've finished with all of the "example" mods, there are a couple more that we have in mind, but they aren't things that are easily undone.

Come back later, I'm sure you'll love what you see.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: James Alphadawg Jones
Vehicle: 2007 eclipse spyder gs
229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light229boss is a glorious beacon of light
do you have a site that shows all you have done or if you have any for purchase?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh, we only got a black set because it seemed more popular, we'll only work on a chrome set if someone sends it in for us to modify. The 3rd strip is what's used in the last 3 pictures. Following pics have those LEDs on, they are pretty much as bright as you can get with a single LED in that spot. The piece on the halo covers the part of the CCFL that isn't lit, we took it off and it just didn't look as good as with it on. Also won't be working with exposed housings due to a very high concern for reliability.

There will be additional pictures posted here in a couple hours, for the most part we've finished with all of the "example" mods, there are a couple more that we have in mind, but they aren't things that are easily undone.

Come back later, I'm sure you'll love what you see.
Awesome! Cant wait to see. Thanks : )
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 Mitsu Eclipse GS
dsm2mivec is a jewel in the roughdsm2mivec is a jewel in the rough
What about a shroud kinda like this
I'm talkin about the clear piece
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Playing with the Demon Eye, here's some pictures of my favorite; in red. Usually these won't be on with your running lights, due to possible legal consequences, but I liked the look with the other lights on. My demon eyes on my car are wired to my dome lights, so they come on whenever I open my doors, or use the key fob to unlock the car.

===========

Here are the color options for the (linked for still photos demon eyes: green, red, blue, violet, yellow, cyan, ice white

Here's a .gif showing each of them in the same order as listed, didn't want to list so many pictures.

Last edited by Iconic Designz; March 22nd, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chicks Love The Car

Name: Batman
Vehicle: 07 GT
DJxDSM is a jewel in the roughDJxDSM is a jewel in the rough
I'm not digging the turn signal, but def love the color options.
DJxDSM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 229boss View Post
do you have a site that shows all you have done or if you have any for purchase?
Unfortunately, no. All the work is advertised on forums for now, hopefully a website will be finished over summer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm2mivec View Post
What about a shroud kinda like this IMG
I'm talkin about the clear piece
Not the clear piece, the effort would put it outside most budget's, but We could do the piece around the projector, with light shining through it and still be fairly cost effective.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

How come the other halo dosent have the little screws on the bottom?
Does it not have the part that dosent lite up?

Nice work. : )

Could you show a pic or gif with the actual blinker and the light bar for the blinker on please? (basically every light ON)

Whats an estimate on cost for the Demon eyes like above?

If you were do it to the chrome housings, do you think there would be a lot of light scattered/reflected all over the place?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Is it just me, or does that blinker bar change from yellowsh to white then back to yellowish? Or is it just the way the gif is working?

Yeah, I'm not sure about the blinker bar on top now either.
Could you show it with the blinker bar and original bulb blinker on please?

Could you show us the Audi strip on the bottom connected to the blinker?
So it stays on all the time, but when you hit the blinker, it flashes?

Last edited by ryguy; March 22nd, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Huge Member

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Steveo will become famous soon enough
Could you do the angel eye set up with a demon in the middle to a stock headlight? So that I could drive with the angel eye on and the red in the middle i Can turn on when at a show or the track.

Full Bolt On + Zex 75 wet shot ~ 353WHP~~327lbs TQ
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ates-ride.html
- SOLD-4 2004 Cadillac CTSV
RIP Matt (bullet06)
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

We're waiting for components to come in to make a circuit board for the turn signal that will mimic the function of the V-Led type 2 turn signal bulbs.

I'll remove the .gif right now since it isn't working right for me.

Now with some other parts I could probably do a setup similar to the type 1 switchbacks, where it switches white/amber/white/amber/white with the turn signal and goes back to white. The reason we're working on something similar to type 2 is for people who live around more stringent cops who don't like flashing white lights on a car.

Our supplier just has that difference between the CCFLs, we're looking into another supplier right now. It's just a difference based on the size of the halos, the one with that piece on it has plastic underneath it like the other, but it isn't diffused; you can see straight through the plastic and see the wires; the smaller halo doesn't have that part light up either, but the plastic being diffused makes it look more like a solid halo. It is possible to do if a customer would want it though.

Steveo: I think the best way to accomplish that so that it doesn't effect output as much and is easy to see during the day, is to use a white angel eye like you said, and use a small red CCFL in the center of the reflector. Because we haven't been able to work with a 4g in person we don't know what lengths of wire would be needed for certain applications, so we would likely have to have labeled wires coming out of the light which the customer could wire to a switch/parking lights, etc.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Oh and forgot the before and after picture:

Old August 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Jerzey G

Name: Anthony
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse Custom
Anthony27 is a jewel in the roughAnthony27 is a jewel in the rough
whats the best led strip to use behind the eyebrow?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Anthony27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Nick
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse Gt
LaDunzo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh and forgot the before and after picture:

could you pm me a price on those bad boys. i might wanna add something too but i dont know how to explain it so i dont wanna sound like a fool haha
LaDunzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Reckless

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007-Eclipse-GT-A/T
xxEclipse is on a distinguished road
Just a quick question... Can you change the color of the ccfl halos to red?
xxEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #25 (permalink)

Name: Jeremy
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Jeremy'sGT will become famous soon enough
Yeah I second that. What kind of led strip did you use for the top strip ?
13% tint all around, black OEM headlights, red OEM taillights, DRL Delete, DeBadged, Dipped front bumper, 6000 K lows, 3000k fogs, black spoiler, megan ez street coilovers, 20mm spacers in the front, 25mm spacers in the rear.
Jeremy'sGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #26 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
disillusions is a jewel in the roughdisillusions is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxEclipse View Post
He could, but then keep in mind that the halos wouldn't be street legal. I mean, that's a good deal of money to spend on things you won't be able to drive around with....
disillusions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxEclipse View Post
Certainly, I've used red CCFLs and Red LED halos before, most recently the new high power led halos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGtMonster View Post
Yeah I second that. What kind of led strip did you use for the top strip ?
They use 5050 LEDs for brightness

Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusions View Post
He could, but then keep in mind that the halos wouldn't be street legal. I mean, that's a good deal of money to spend on things you won't be able to drive around with....
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Jeremy'sGT will become famous soon enough
So are morimoto halos and CCFL halos the same or are they different?
13% tint all around, black OEM headlights, red OEM taillights, DRL Delete, DeBadged, Dipped front bumper, 6000 K lows, 3000k fogs, black spoiler, megan ez street coilovers, 20mm spacers in the front, 25mm spacers in the rear.
Jeremy'sGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
disillusions is a jewel in the roughdisillusions is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The Morimoto halos are LED rings...CCFLs are, well, CCFLs. By output, the LED wins hands down. CCFLs aren't too bad though, as you can see in the pictures with the projector lamps.
disillusions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusions View Post
The Morimoto halos are LED rings...CCFLs are, well, CCFLs. By output, the LED wins hands down. CCFLs aren't too bad though, as you can see in the pictures with the projector lamps.
Correction, TRS sells their parts under the "brand name" Morimoto, it's just a name that says the part came from them. CCFL halos are CCFL halos (morimoto halos are CCFLs) Cold-Cathode-Florescent-Light. TRS sells their LED halos under the moniker "XB" LED halos. I also have these same halos available. What Are We Doing?!

That's not to say that all are 100% identical. Not all parts are created equal or with the same materials and build quality. This is why the HID kits that I sell and TRS sells cost a premium compared to generic HID kits on ebay.

Last edited by Iconic Designz; November 5th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Reckless

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007-Eclipse-GT-A/T
xxEclipse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Certainly, I've used red CCFLs and Red LED halos before, most recently the new high power led halos.

They use 5050 LEDs for brightness

Those sessy ass fuh
xxEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Old November 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

Name: Christian
Vehicle: 08 Spyder GT/MT
SpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really nice
I'd like to do that to my tails. Do the halos get brighter when applying the brakes?

Tuned, tucked, slammed and rolled.
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #34 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

Unfortunately, no. CCFLs were used and they cannot be dimmed. So they would serve to act as running lights.
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #35 (permalink)

SpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really nice
Thanks for answering that. They look great either way.

Old November 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

I believe if I used the high power LED halos that they could double as running and brake lights, my concern though is the stock wiring (I don't know what voltages are being sent to the tails - since they're LED) On that camaro above we wired those to an RF controller and all the halos and everything that will also be added to to the circuit can be dimmed.
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #37 (permalink)

It would be really cool if they would brighten up with applying the brakes but if it can't be done with ccfl's then that's fine, they still look solid. I'll be doing this over the winter. Morimotto sells the red ccfl's?

Old November 6th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
C4G Discounts Available!

No, TRS only sells white CCFLs, I special ordered the red ones used in that picture for Jdogg, so I do have more on hand. One thing you'll have to look into before you decide on them is how to wire it in to the car, I'm not sure exactly how Jdogg did it, so it may be easier, or difficult. Just PM me whenever you're ready and I'll get you a price quote.
Old February 7th, 2016, 09:14 AM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 eclipse gx
Perezj903 is on a distinguished road
Do you still makes these?
Perezj903 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aftermarket, lights, mods, projector, show

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.